C&D test drive the new Cobra

ralphy1798

Established Member
In the magazine it says 475 hp on the cover, then on the table of contents, it says 460hp...

anyone else notice that?

They also said that their numbers were what they guessed, Ford told them "between 450 and 500"

And the twin screw was dropped in favor of the roots because the compnay that was going to supply the twin screw couldnt provide the quantity that ford needed. So they say.

Jeff

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
inteller said:
they need to get people with bigger balls at the end of the assembly line then.

Would you trust your life around some punk kid driving a 450-500 hp muscle car off the end of an assembly line :dw: ?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
wals9331 said:
Would you trust your life around some punk kid driving a 450-500 hp muscle car off the end of an assembly line :dw: ?

How many punk kids can afford a $37,000 car?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
wals9331 said:
Didnt say anything about buying it :shrug:. I am talking about the actual factory workers at the plant...

they did it with the 03 cobras, not seeing the issue here.

inteller

Established Member
i didn't say "punk kids" had the balls to handle the new Cobra. If getting them off the assmbly line is really that hard, they I'm sure Ford can afford the experienced people that are used to handling that kind of muscle.

you make it sound like every new Cobra will be started up and have a smoky burnout done while peeling out of the factory.

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i wouldn't be surprised if it was a 45,000 car after all was said and done

People will pay 45-55k in a second for this car....and the damn dealerships are gonna take advantage of this fact :bash: .

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
yup..hopefully my local dealer will take xplan..but i doubt it :(

When i was trying to buy an 01 cobra, only one dealership would accept my a-plan pricing on it.....i hate dealerships :fm:.

inteller

Established Member
watch the stealerships kill the initial sales on this rig. I wish there was a way to track the number of people that will buy a corvette because of the stealership markups.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Those numbers are estimated. It says right in the article. Not to mention they said the short time they had with the car was in damp conditions. Not the best time to try out a 500hp car....

Users who are viewing this thread