C&D test drive the new Cobra

UCBeau

wals9331 said:
When i was trying to buy an 01 cobra, only one dealership would accept my a-plan pricing on it.....i hate dealerships :fm:.
when i was looking at 04 cobras, in feb. of last year, all 3 dealerships would have taken xplan, i was stoked. but with the "newness" of the 05's and subsequent gt500s, i am not holding out any hope

Thrust

Established Member
Haha, insider information :loser: Its pretty clear that you have never been inside of a assembly plant. With 70+ cars per hour comming off of the line and going to pre delivery for quality checks, testing, and final calibration, there simply isn't enough room for someone to drive off of the line like a ass. Now from pre delivery to the transport yard.................. thats another story. :nono: :burnout:

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i'm unimpressed....i was expecting ford to keep the weight down.

Agreed, I am very unimpressed. Its going to be a pig with a heavy front end and look like ass. Ill keep the 10th 03 thank you very much, much nicer looking car imo.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
How is a kid spoiled rotten if he/she had a parent co-sign a car as a graduation present?

My father co-signed my car with me because at the time I bought the car I didn't have any credit under my name so I needed someone with a good credit rating to apply for Ford Credit and allow me to finance my car with a good intrest rate.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Oh and back on subject I agree that It dosn't seem that Ford tried to do anything about the weight of this car. They need to start offering a trimmed out race version of the mustang like the Cobra R's but on a much bigger scale and with no special upgrades but just the regular car with No A/C no power anything, ect......
Much like Mitsu. did with their Evo RS, I think it wouldn't have a hard time selling at all :shrug:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
nikemason said:
He asked how many kids can afford a $37,000 car.. that's how.. a co-signee.
No I know I just read it diffently, Only kids with a co-signee can afford the car, but in the same sentance to you aid spoiled rotten kids who need a co-signee. lol whatever its late I'm just rambling nonsense :bash:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
It'll be the fastest chubby ugly sister on the block. I can't wait until Ford releases this wonder of modern excrement on the road.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Thrust said:
Haha, insider information :loser: Its pretty clear that you have never been inside of a assembly plant. With 70+ cars per hour comming off of the line and going to pre delivery for quality checks, testing, and final calibration, there simply isn't enough room for someone to drive off of the line like a ass. Now from pre delivery to the transport yard.................. thats another story. :nono: :burnout:

You're right, i have been in about a dozen now.....

Just telling you what the assembly line guys told my dad. Really dont see what the big faucking deal is :shrug:.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
It'll be the fastest chubby ugly sister on the block. I can't wait until Ford releases this wonder of modern excrement on the road.

Car looks sexy as all heck.....just wish it was a little more aerodynamic....

If you think about it, i bet dealerships could get 30-35k just for GT's.....i bet they do :kaboom: .

inteller

Established Member
i havent went to see if the stealerships are marking up GTs.....I bet they might a little bit. I never see GTs on the lots.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
inteller said:
i havent went to see if the stealerships are marking up GTs.....I bet they might a little bit. I never see GTs on the lots.

I heard they were marking them up, but dont know if they are still doing it.

Its damn hard to keep a GT on a lot from what ive been hearing...

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Yes they are.

A local dealership here has marked up their GT to $475,000, and it actually sold!

They're also marking up the new Mustang's. They've been adding an extra $2000 for V6 models and $5000 for GT's.

Stealerships indeed.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
NyteByte said:
Yes they are.

A local dealership here has marked up their GT to $475,000, and it actually sold!

They're also marking up the new Mustang's. They've been adding an extra $2000 for V6 models and $5000 for GT's.

Stealerships indeed.

Was only meaning Mustang GTs. Sorry for the confusion.....stupid Ford should have bought back the GT40 name. Would have made things MUCH easier :D .

inteller

Established Member
no, I'm glad they didn't buy back the name, cause we need smart asses like the one above you to point out the technicalities all the time.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
wals9331 said:
Its damn hard to keep a GT on a lot from what ive been hearing...

It's damn hard to keep any S197 Mustang on the lot. As of a bit over a week ago, I think inventory was at just under 16k units. Days of supply was at 19. Do the math, and that equals a ****load of Mustangs per month.

Users who are viewing this thread