C&D test drive the new Cobra

inteller

Established Member
yeah, ford better milk this cash cow all they can, cause they cant keep selling them this way forever

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
inteller said:
yeah, ford better milk this cash cow all they can, cause they cant keep selling them this way forever

Of course. It'd be nice if they had the capacity to do more, but such is life. If they had the capacity to do 30k more units this year, I'm sure they could do it. People talk shit about how hot the 300C is, and the Mustang is close to doubling those numbers.

Come next year, the bonanza is going to go away.

inteller

Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
I wonder what the next gen mustang will look like....

00034-1978%20Ford%20Mustang%20II%20King%20Cobra%20Fastback%20Coupe%20f3q.jpg

griffined

SVT driver
car rag said:
What is surprising is the level of civility that goes with all of this. The GT500 is by definition a muscle car, but it's not one of those remorseless brass bushing brutes that make their owners pay for visceral gratification with a relentless assault on their hearing and skeletal integrity.

The same magazine, but a different author wrote a review of the 2000 R

About the exhaust they said

"The tubular-steel exhaust manifolds fit into a Bassani X-pipe, which connects through standard Cobra catalytic converters, to Borla mufflers and tailpipes that exit out the side. The sound is throaty but never invasive."

Concerning the ride they said

"Perhaps the most commendable aspect of the Cobra R, though, is its polite road manners. Even with the stiff suspension, the ride, though plenty firm, is entirely tolerable. The powertrain never seems peaky or frantic. And those Recaro buckets: If you have to be stuck in a traffic jam, there is probably no better place to sit."

The negative things they said included

"Lows: High price, low availability, lack of creature comforts as a daily driver."
"we're driving on a rural Texas road that is not quite gravel, not quite blacktop. We're loping along in fourth gear at maybe 50 mph, and the absolute lack of any sort of undercoating or sound deadening in the fender wells to muffle the thrown-up gravel makes it sound as though we're under attack by a battalion armed with Daisy BB guns."

Full article here

I have to wonder if the author of this article ever drove a 00R, since his description is so different?

Ed

Squeeler92

griffined said:
The same magazine, but a different author wrote a review of the 2000 R

About the exhaust they said

"The tubular-steel exhaust manifolds fit into a Bassani X-pipe, which connects through standard Cobra catalytic converters, to Borla mufflers and tailpipes that exit out the side. The sound is throaty but never invasive."

Concerning the ride they said

"Perhaps the most commendable aspect of the Cobra R, though, is its polite road manners. Even with the stiff suspension, the ride, though plenty firm, is entirely tolerable. The powertrain never seems peaky or frantic. And those Recaro buckets: If you have to be stuck in a traffic jam, there is probably no better place to sit."

The negative things they said included

"Lows: High price, low availability, lack of creature comforts as a daily driver."
"we're driving on a rural Texas road that is not quite gravel, not quite blacktop. We're loping along in fourth gear at maybe 50 mph, and the absolute lack of any sort of undercoating or sound deadening in the fender wells to muffle the thrown-up gravel makes it sound as though we're under attack by a battalion armed with Daisy BB guns."

Full article here

I have to wonder if the author of this article ever drove a 00R, since his description is so different?

Ed

Or maybe the cars really do behave that differently on the road? :shrug: Tho I hear the new chasis is more forgiving and stable compared to the last generation's....

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
It must be very close to running 11s if C&D ran a 12.5. The last time they ran a Terminator, they ran a 13.1 or so.

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
yeah but u know car and driver can't drive for shit wait until one of the guy at muscle mustang or one of those good mags get them i bet that car wait i know that car is a low 12's second car car and driver is bullshit just like they test the 03 cobra and only a 13.1 on it bullshit it is a mid to high 12 second car

inteller

Established Member
heh just be thankful Ford never used the Probe platform instead of the SN95 platform.....we'd have been looking at a Mustang III.

Users who are viewing this thread