C&D Cover Leaks 2015 Mustang Images

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Huge rear brakes. Looking forward to seeing the real deal at the Detroit Auto Show in a few months.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
disappointed. wanted a complete redesign. something that would shock and wow the world like the original.

couple changes to a current style is a huge fail.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Like I posted in the other thread, it doesnt look much different over the current Mustang. Looks like it was overhyped when they said it was getting a whole new look and leaving the retro look. Just a round front end and different headlights.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
because M3/911 have had those options for decades are remain the worlds best sports cars.

stupid post was beyond stupid.

The 911 and M3 also offer stripped down cars for guys like him... I'm all for tech and whatnot, but Ford needs to make a stripper car again...
A shelby GT500 with cloth seats, no radio, no a/c, no backseat, fully function body kit, lighter wheels, sticky tires, and bigger brakes...
A Cobra R model has a place in today's market. ACR viper and Z28 Camaro prove this. I do think some manual options should be offered on all trims tho. Power locks and windows.... meh... I'm a 20 somthing and I can live without either.

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
This rendering has the perfect blend of mustang heritage combined with a modern look. If this is what will come out, I think Ford nailed it! I think this design would appeal more to the new edge crowd over the S197 & up crowd.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Shocked this post was bashed so fervently

Ford desperately wants to become BMW. They've been reverse engineering them for the last 6-7 years; it shows in all their platforms. They are succeeding. Proof:

because M3/911 have had those options for decades are remain the worlds best sports cars.

stupid post was beyond stupid.

The Mustang never was and never will be a world class sports car!

You cannot have that long list of STUPID options and keep the car lightweight and affordable, both of which are staples of the Mustang.

smitty2919

Established Member
The 911 and M3 also offer stripped down cars for guys like him... I'm all for tech and whatnot, but Ford needs to make a stripper car again...
A shelby GT500 with cloth seats, no radio, no a/c, no backseat, fully function body kit, lighter wheels, sticky tires, and bigger brakes...
A Cobra R model has a place in today's market. ACR viper and Z28 Camaro prove this. I do think some manual options should be offered on all trims tho. Power locks and windows.... meh... I'm a 20 somthing and I can live without either.

No offence but I'm sure they are not targeting the "20 something's" that will have the coin to buy a car brand new off the lot.

While YOU can/will sacrifice having no power windows and cloth seats, the majority of the people buying these want the Sunday grocery getter and a strip/track toy all in one.

The more you strip down the car with all these performance options the smaller your selling demographic tends to get. It becomes spending all that money on something that is not comfy to drive every day and only good for weekends. The "get less and pay more" comes to mind. And less I mean creature comforts. Yes you get more go fast goodies, but plenty of people are willing to mod/beef up the car themselves.

I for one would rather a "base" car and mod it to my liking. I personally see no benefit to buying a full blown ripper when I can buy aftermarket parts cheaper than they factory offers them and get the same performance, no?

Hence buying a Boss 302 vs a base GT and adding some suspension/boss intake and tune. I know jack about the exact difference between the Boss/GT but you get the point.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
disappointed. wanted a complete redesign. something that would shock and wow the world like the original.

couple changes to a current style is a huge fail.

Here's the challenge for all the creative-types here at SVTP...design the next Mustang, on the new chassis, that meets your criteria (shock and awe)...that will still be a Mustang...and not look like any of the myriad of other sport coupes out there.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Can't wait for all the non-Ford/non-Mustang/non-car people in general to jump on the 2015 Mustang band wagon because it will be the next "it" car. This will be worse than when the S197 came out...

:rollseyes

I'm interested to hear/see more about the flat plane crank V8 and what it'll be stuffed in.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Can't wait for all the non-Ford/non-Mustang/non-car people in general to jump on the 2015 Mustang band wagon because it will be the next "it" car. This will be worse than when the S197 came out...

:rollseyes

I'm interested to hear/see more about the flat plane crank V8 and what it'll be stuffed in.

why is it a bad thing to have new mustang fans join the fold?

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
I'd love a svo/gt-s stripper model with the turbo 2.3.....a few bolt ons and a tune would break some hearts.....a 500hp gt-s would be nice also :)

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
why is it a bad thing to have new mustang fans join the fold?
They'll be transient owners..two years and on to the next big thing. I've seen this movie before, I know how it ends. These kinda people aren't into the whole Mustang scene and aren't true hobbyist like most on this board that actually work on their own car, attend races/shows/club events, and help to make this hobby so great.

Oh, and I'm also Old Mustang Fan...who doesn't like dealing with New Mustang Fan/newbies :-D :lol1: :D

Users who are viewing this thread