Buying a 2014 Tremor

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I had one with a Livernoise tune and intake package. I was underwhelmed at first because I still had it on the 89 octane tune, but when I got a chance to fill up with 93 and change the tune, it got wild. There was so much low end torque. I'm starting to miss it thinking about it. The truck was a blast though and I loved the interior but the power doesn't compare to what you get out of the 2016+ Aluminum trucks, and especially the 10 speed trucks. I wish Ford would build a new one and make the 5.0 an option in it as well.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
2018 RCSB w/ 5.0L and a Whipple. Add some traction bars and some 17’s with some stickies and it would go low 11’s easily.

There was a truck on here I think that ran 11’s with just a blown 5.0?

I could also see a Tremor with 600+ hp after that one guy with the Flex 3.5 that added nitrous....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I had one with a Livernoise tune and intake package. I was underwhelmed at first because I still had it on the 89 octane tune, but when I got a chance to fill up with 93 and change the tune, it got wild. There was so much low end torque. I'm starting to miss it thinking about it. The truck was a blast though and I loved the interior but the power doesn't compare to what you get out of the 2016+ Aluminum trucks, and especially the 10 speed trucks. I wish Ford would build a new one and make the 5.0 an option in it as well.

Since you can get the 5.0/10-speed in a RCSB right now, it'd be a lot cheaper to build your own "tremor."

mikecobra01

Established Member
I’ve got a 2011 FX2 Ecoboost, and my step dad has a 2014 Tremor Ecoboost. We love them. We both have custom tunes on ours and they really wake the trucks up. Here’s a pic of my 2011.
EABD1B37-53A7-4B9B-AC2B-B01ADAB312AE_zpszv4e3mhv.jpg

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
I want a reg cab short bed with a 5.0 and either turbo it or whipple it. I wonder how much torque the 4wd would take launching LOL

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
The timing chain/phaser TSB is tech. through early 2015 builds, but you wont have problems on 14 with good maintenance.

Any more pics of the truck you're looking at in the pics? I can only tell it is 2wd and its had the tires replaced.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Since you can get the 5.0/10-speed in a RCSB right now, it'd be a lot cheaper to build your own "tremor."

No doubt a 5.0 with whipple is fast, but it would be expensive to build a Tremor on a base model 5.0. I think you can order painted bumpers now on base models, new its still a 30k truck for a base model. Then you would need to upgrade the head lights, wheels and completely re do the entire interior on top of a 8k whipple kit. That's a lot of money.

99-venom

Established Member
The timing chain/phaser TSB is tech. through early 2015 builds, but you wont have problems on 14 with good maintenance.

Any more pics of the truck you're looking at in the pics? I can only tell it is 2wd and its had the tires replaced.

I do, but I can't seem to upload them from my phone. I will on Monday when I'm at my computer.

It's a 2wd with 30k miles. It has the plus package that includes the rear view camera and navigation.

I ended up buying it. I really like this truck! Can't wait to drop a tune on it and let it eat.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Interesting 30k and tire replaced already. The plus package should come with trailer brake controller too.

Run a back ground check on it and see if it had valve body separator place tsb done.

Also check that it had the passenger air bag seat recall done and the brake master cylinder recall done.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Drove one of these back in 2014 as I was very interested in the truck. I love the rcsb trucks. The same color as OP posted.
I liked it, but didn't love it, or else I would have bought it. Seemed slower than my '05 Ram Daytona rcsb and definitely rode rougher.

99-venom

Established Member
Interesting 30k and tire replaced already. The plus package should come with trailer brake controller too.

Run a back ground check on it and see if it had valve body separator place tsb done.

Also check that it had the passenger air bag seat recall done and the brake master cylinder recall done.

I have the Oasis report. It says that the master cylinder has been replaced. Nothing else you mentioned has been done.

Few more pics. Is there anything specific you'd like a picture of?

upload_2018-4-23_15-15-19.png

upload_2018-4-23_15-15-43.png

upload_2018-4-23_15-16-2.png

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Why a tremor? It's just has an alternate interior than the other trucks. A single cab 5.0 is very close to it stock for stock. Id assume the 5.0 with it's lack of turbos and stuff that goes with forced induction should be less problems.

99-venom

Established Member
Why a tremor? It's just has an alternate interior than the other trucks. A single cab 5.0 is very close to it stock for stock. Id assume the 5.0 with it's lack of turbos and stuff that goes with forced induction should be less problems.

I wanted this trim in a single cab, I have a thing for single cabs. I would have preferred a 5.0, but all it came with is the 3.5. Plus Ford only made ~2.3k of these Tremors, makes it unique for a F150.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It's basically the only way to get a loaded modern RC F-150.
Very true. I wonder why that is?
I wish they had a rcsb with much better interiors and options. I may have gotten a F150 rcsb and added a Roush or Whipple blower. That would have been killer.
Remote start, heated seats, etc., etc., all with a supercharger under the hood. Bad ass!!!

Users who are viewing this thread