Brake cooling ducts

'04svtCobra

Established Member
If you need the stock dust shields, I can send you mine. I took them off the other day... Let me know with a PM.

UCBeau

just put mine on yesterday. was a PITA only because i have an intercooler and associated piping in the way but we did get them o and they are damn cool..no pun intended. cant wait to really open the car up and see how cool my brakes stay

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
I installed mine yesterday as well. Great product, and great service. THANKS. The only difficult part was getting those damn dust shields off, the rest took 5 min to install. Thanks

UCBeau

annnnnnnnnnnnnd i guess i didnt install right, both ducts were rubbing the wheels pretty hard so i think i need to get some new ones and ziptie them somehow up to the body, away from the wheels.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SanDiego01Snake said:
annnnnnnnnnnnnd i guess i didnt install right, both ducts were rubbing the wheels pretty hard so i think i need to get some new ones and ziptie them somehow up to the body, away from the wheels.

Tie the hose with zip ties to the tie rod so it can move with the tire when turning.
:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Alittle fab work and some ingenuity can go a long ways!

Granted the ducting I sell isnt as expensive as some and isnt hi-temp but it works and has been on my car for almost a year now.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Finally got em on yesterday....everything but the actual ducts. Ran out of time. Everything fit well. The reducers fit perfect over the fog light holes. Thanks for finding those Anthony.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Shannon--
Glad to hear that those reducers fit. I appreciate the feedback :beer:
Hope to see you at Hallett sometime yet this year!!

Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Shannon--
Glad to hear that those reducers fit. I appreciate the feedback :beer:
Hope to see you at Hallett sometime yet this year!!

Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs
That would be cool. I have a home OU game the next session on Sept. 23rd, but am hoping to make the Oct. 28th session. It's also the same day as the Ford-Buick Shootout near Oklahoma City, so not sure what is going to happen yet. My friend with the 93 Cobra who bought a set from you said there may be an opportunity soon to get into Hallett for $75 during a week day with some club he knows about. Are you interested if so? As for the kit I only had one issue with it. The 96-98 bumper cover fog light holes don't go all the way around, so it's a bit difficult to get a snug fit with the reducers. Other than that it's perfect.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
SanDiego01Snake said:
Didn't I state, "test the clearances of the wheel travel before finishing up..HOMO! SEE POST 13

Last edited by a moderator:

UCBeau

DaleM said:
Didn't I state, "test the clearances of the wheel travel before finishing up..HOMO! SEE POST 13
my tester apparently didn't look hard enough while i turned the wheel:cuss:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Beau,
I have a set of replacement ducts here ready to install, I'll get your address off paypal and ship them out to you, no charge!!

Be sure to remove the small splash shields to give the ducts more room to route back and more places to attach to.

Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

UCBeau

wow thank you!!!! that's awesome of you to do. i'll remove the splash shields too.

btw i should be getting a tubular k member and coilovers pretty soon so perhaps i'll wait till then to put the ducts back on, and work on some good routing methods.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Once the splash shields are off, just follow the installation instructions and you shouldnt have any troubles. Where the ducts make the 90° turn to go out to the backing plates it's very important that the duct is ziptied to the tie rod. Doing this will allow the ducting to move back and forth as the wheel is turned and help keep it from contacting the wheel/tire.

Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread