Brake cooling ducts

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Yeah, I saw that and took the links down until I can get the pics hosted so everyone can see them.

Thanks,
Anthony
(785)658-5921

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
I'll wait to see the pictures, if it just requires a little massage work with a die grinder or cutoff wheel then i can do that myself. I am just glad to see somebody stand behind thier work :beer:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Standing by for pics. It might just be easier to host them here than to send them to my email addy...but either is fine with me. Thanks.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Tony,
I am having no problems. What should i look for? Show me what to fix and I'll take it to to my auto craft shop here on the post. It is free and gets me under the car when nothing is going on. They have all the lifts and tools available for us.
Unfortunately my alternator has died.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Dale,
This wasn't a problem on your plates or the first few sets I built. They're the same as the first production build set that I have on my car. The problem happened on the next run of plates when my jig shifted and I mistakenly drilled the holes 1/8" off on the lower mounting holes. It's not enough to prevent the plates from bolting up, but it moved the plate back to where it interferes with the ABS sensor. When I test fit every third set, I checked mostly to see that they would bolt up easily and I overlooked the ABS sensor rubbing on the plate. The problem has been corrected on the jig and won't happen again, To prevent this from happening from now on I'm bolting up every set of plates before they're painted to ensure that they fit correctly.

Anthony Dail
(785)658-5921

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
99COBRA2881 said:
Dale,
This wasn't a problem on your plates or the first few sets I built. They're the same as the first production build set that I have on my car. The problem happened on the next run of plates when my jig shifted and I mistakenly drilled the holes 1/8" off on the lower mounting holes. It's not enough to prevent the plates from bolting up, but it moved the plate back to where it interferes with the ABS sensor. When I test fit every third set, I checked mostly to see that they would bolt up easily and I overlooked the ABS sensor rubbing on the plate. The problem has been corrected on the jig and won't happen again, To prevent this from happening from now on I'm bolting up every set of plates before they're painted to ensure that they fit correctly.

Anthony Dail
(785)658-5921
Good luck and I am impressed with your customer service. If you have some time later send me a PM about your oil cooler.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Thanks to everyone that said they'd clearance the plates if there was a problem. I got an email from another customer and his plates fit without a problem so it looks like the plate shifted on the last few I built.

Now to the fun stuff.....

I received 90% of the parts that I need to build the first air to air oil cooler. I have to choose a good location for the oil filter, oil line routing and air to air oil cooler. The kit will include a K&N oil filter, same size as the Motorcraft FL-1A oil filter or about twice the size of the filter that's available for our cars now..
I also bought an oil pressure and oil temp guage that I'll be installing to do a before and after test to see how well this thing cools the oil and to make sure it has no trouble in keeping up with the oil demands of our high revving DOHC motors.
Once that's done I'll be into a testing phase on the oil cooler for several weeks where I hope to get on track with the car and throw it around to give this thing a workout on track.

If all goes well I should have something available for sale by mid-late August, it would be alot sooner but I asked my fiance last night if I could just stay here when we're supposed to be getting married so I could work on the backing plates and oil cooler?!?! She told me "Hell no, you're goin!" :lol:

I'll be gone from the 18-29th of July. Also, I'll have to put any orders for backing plates that I recieve after the 14th on hold until I get back. As alwyas though I will have my phone on me so if you have a problem just give me call.

Thanks,
Anthony
(785)658-5921

SGL

Banned
I already have the MM filter relocation kit but I want to get rid of the factory air/water cooler. Hopefully you will offer the various parts separately. I only need the adapter plate that goes on the block. The rest of the parts I will piece together myself. The Evans stuff is too expensive.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I'll sell the parts separately. The MM kit uses -10AN hose fittings and the adapter plate I'm selling uses 1/2"NPT. NPT to AN adapters are readily available so this wont be a problem.

The plates will fit any 96-04 Mustang including your 5 lug swapped fox body. I don't have a GT duct mount available yet. Are you going to remove the fog light and use it's opening for the duct? If so I could build you a hose bracket that would bolt in place of the fog light bracket.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Beau,
As soon as theyre ready I'll let you know! :thumbsup

:read: Please read :read:

This is just a friendly reminder for everyone that's purchased my backing plate duct kit. Just like brakes and tires, the brake ducts need to be inspected for wear routinely. A quick once over to check that the ducting/zip ties are still tight and that the duct isn't being rubbed by the tire will ensure that your Midcontinent Mustangs ducting continues to do it's job trouble free.

If the tires do rub the ducting to the point where the wire reinforcement is bare and the duct has a hole in it, the duct can be patched with either black electrical tape or my personal preference F4 tape. It's available at most hardware stores but it's called Self Adhesive Tape as it isnt sticky but actually bonds to itself and seals better than electrical tape can. It's also sometimes in the lawn and garden section next to the hose repair kits. Do several complete wraps of tape over the hole to ensure a good seal and also to attach the tape securely to the duct

I haven't had any trouble with the ducts on my '99 or any complaints from customers. I still wanted to post this to let people know to inspect the ducts regularly. Have a great weekend!!!

Thank you,
Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I did mine today. I left my duct tape and home. I had some upholstery tape on hand, it patched up just fine.

01GTBlown

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
The plates will fit any 96-04 Mustang including your 5 lug swapped fox body. I don't have a GT duct mount available yet.

Just wondering if you were planning on fitting a GT duct up for fitment and production? If so put me down for 1 and i'll send payment if needed!
If it matters I have a 14inch 6 piston willwood big brake kit on currently

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
01GTBlown said:
Just wondering if you were planning on fitting a GT duct up for fitment and production? If so put me down for 1 and i'll send payment if needed!
If it matters I have a 14inch 6 piston willwood big brake kit on currently
Send payment if needed? I'll let you get a bye on this one since you a very new.

01GTBlown

Established Member
DaleM said:
Send payment if needed? I'll let you get a bye on this one since you a very new.

For him to fab it up since I am new and to prove i'm not just another person... :-D

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
01GTBlown said:
For him to fab it up since I am new and to prove i'm not just another person... :-D
Makes sense now. Sounded like you wanted him to send you a set. Pay was an option. LOL.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
01GTBlown,
Sorry about that I was talking about the older fox body GTs since they have a round fog light opening. The backing plates will fit your GT with the larger brakes, the only part that might take some work is mounting the duct up front on the car especially if you dont want to remove the driving lights.

Im just a few days away from taking off to get married, as of today (12th) I have to put all new orders on hold until I get back. If you have any questions, just give me a call.

Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

01GTBlown

Established Member
Dalem - no worries :)

99cobra2881 - no rush, i wont' be putting all my other stuff on till around the time you get back...I'll hit ya up after you are back from your vacation!

Users who are viewing this thread