Brake cooling ducts

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
Anthony, I never heard back from you for the two pairs you were making for me and my buddy with a 93 Cobra with 5 lug conversion. Shannon

Shannon,
Check your inbox from 06-06-2006 you should find this, I never got a read receipt. Thanks

Sent to: Hersheyman 06-06-2006 06:22 AM Unread
99COBRA2881 said:
Shannon,
I have two set of plates to build this week and I'll add another two sets to that. I'll have to do some research on the 95 spindles, I did the 5 lug conversion on my 87 notch so getting a set built to fit your buddy's car shouldn't be a problem. For some reason Im thinking I used 96 GT spindles on mine so I'll have to look. Either way I'll have the sets ready to ship by next week. I accept personal checks or cashiers checks.

Anthony
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs
Hey Anthony, is your offer still good? I think me and a buddy would both like to buy a pair. He has a 93 Cobra with a SN95 5 lug conversion. Would they fit his car? He does have the 2000 Cobra R Brembo brake kit on it. Let me know and how to pay. Thanks, Shannon[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
A quick update...

I've been busy building plates and shipping them out which is a good thing. Thank you to everyone that has placed orders, I appreciate your business.
In the next few weeks Ill be working on designing and building plates for the 05-06 Mustang GT so be on the look out for those!!
I also now have Grade 8 Allen head bolts available as an option over the Grade 5 bolts that come standard with every set of plates. I'm offering them as an upgrade and not as standard because I didn't want to raise my prices. This way if people want them they can buy them separate.

Thank you,
Anthony Dail
(785)658-5921

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Anthony,
Did that guy ever get back with you? The one that was complaining you never got back with him? I see your e-mail where you did. He never responded in here so I was wondering if everything came out OK.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Dale,
I sent him a pm and everything is ok. I actually have his plates done and ready to ship out.

If you havent heard from me or are wondering about the status of your order just give me a call. I'm happy to answer any questions and if there is a problem I will do everything that I can to resolve it quickly.

Anthony Dail
(785)658-5921
Midcontinent Mustangs

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I think I've found an alternative to the billet block off plates that are currently available to replace the stock cobra oil cooler/oil filter adapter. The billet plates are priced around $100-150 everywhere I've looked and that's just too much $$$. I'm checking on prices as I type this.

I have an air to air oil cooler ordered that I'm going to try but I may have to go to the next larger one for more cooling and more capacity. Both have big 5/8" tubes that flow more than enough to prevent oil starvation.

I'll be running the kit on my car for awhile. I want to get the car on track and really kick her around to ensure this kit works and is problem free.

As an example of how I test my products the brake duct backing plates were run an entire season on the #26 ITE Mustang and the low cost ducts were tested several thousand miles on my '99 Cobra through daily driving, auto-xs, and Open Track events before I offered them for sale to the public. Goes back to my saying "I wouldnt sell it, if it didn't work" so I need to make sure this air to air oil cooler works first!

Thank you, :beer:
Anthony Dail

UCBeau

got my ducts yesterday, should be installing them within a few weeks. the kit looks great and the directions are very precise. i can't wait to get them on but my initial impression is that i definetly got my money's worth on this.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
got my ducts yesterday, should be installing them within a few weeks. the kit looks great and the directions are very precise. i can't wait to get them on but my initial impression is that i definetly got my money's worth on this.

Good to hear, i think i will be getting mine on monday but i wont be able to install them untill September.

Where does the kit get its air supply? Fromt he fog light holes? Sorry but i cant see the pictures, yahoo doesnt make it through the filters on base :poke:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Mike K said:
Where does the kit get its air supply? From the fog light holes? Sorry but i cant see the pictures, yahoo doesnt make it through the filters on base :poke:

Mike,
Yep, the duct attaches to the unused hole in the fog light housing that SVT was so clever to put on the 99-04 Cobras.

Hmmm? IRS becomes standard in '99 so does the spare 3" opening in the bumper cover. Coincidence??? I dont think so!

Thanks,
Anthony
MIDCONTINENT MUSTANGS

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I plan to install my ducts about 20 minutes after the box arrives. :)

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
I think I've found an alternative to the billet block off plates that are currently available to replace the stock cobra oil cooler/oil filter adapter. The billet plates are priced around $100-150 everywhere I've looked and that's just too much $$$. I'm checking on prices as I type this.

I have an air to air oil cooler ordered that I'm going to try but I may have to go to the next larger one for more cooling and more capacity. Both have big 5/8" tubes that flow more than enough to prevent oil starvation.

I'll be running the kit on my car for awhile. I want to get the car on track and really kick her around to ensure this kit works and is problem free.

As an example of how I test my products the brake duct backing plates were run an entire season on the #26 ITE Mustang and the low cost ducts were tested several thousand miles on my '99 Cobra through daily driving, auto-xs, and Open Track events before I offered them for sale to the public. Goes back to my saying "I wouldnt sell it, if it didn't work" so I need to make sure this air to air oil cooler works first!

Anthony Dail

Sweet. I can't wait.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
99COBRA2881 said:

Anthony Dail
Hook a brother up Tony!

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I know I will need to remove my fog lamps to put the ductwork on my 97, but anyone know how it will mount up there? I haven't even looked yet.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
How big is the hole in the bumper cover?

Just from looking at the pic in your sig, I'd about bet a rubber plumbing 4"-3" reducer would work great to mount the duct to the fog light housing, it'd look good too. I'll see what I can find.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Tony, just got my set of brake ducts today ....Very fast serice indeed. Thank you !

Wow! fantastic work. If someone is waiting to buy these ...you shouldn't .....The things are incredible. Will be installing verrrrry soon.

Thanks again!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
FITMENT PROBLEM!!!

It's been brought to my attention that there is a fitment problem with the last run of plates that I built. The plates interfere with the ABS sensor and could cause it to rub against the ABS exciter ring on the hub.
I'm very upset by this and am offering full refunds with myself paying to have the backing plates returned if anyone no longer wants them. I will also pay for shipping to repair and return the plates.
The problem can be easily fixed but I feel that the customer shouldn't have to make my backing plates fit. I hold myself to a higher standard than that.
I have corrected this problem on my jig plate and have taken steps to ensure that this won't happen again.

I'll get some pictures up soon to show the interference and what can be done to fix it if you dont want to return the plates to be fixed.

If you have any fitment issues please call me and let me know so I can rememdy the problem asap. I dont wan't unhappy customers and will do everything I can to fix this problem quickly as I know many of you have track events coming up soon and are counting on having these plates installed on your car. Until I can make this right with everyone, I offer my apologies for any inconvinience this may have caused.

Anthony Dail
(785)658-5921
MIDCONTINENT MUSTANGS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread