Bought one.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
If I had to choose, I could see lowering the rear an inch or so as the front as a proper stance IMO. I just went the route of a bigger, more aggressive tire which fills in the gap a bit better.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Can't wait to put on the new wheel and tire package.

Attachments

• PXL_20240206_172826962.jpg
    PXL_20240206_172826962.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20240206_180822728.jpg
    PXL_20240206_180822728.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 59

andymarkv

Established Member
Very cool!! Must be you like it so far, or you wouldn't be putting any effort into it!
The stance is spot on and I don't think too low.
I wonder if they do a ST version, if it will have the same altitude

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Very cool!! Must be you like it so far, or you wouldn't be putting any effort into it!
The stance is spot on and I don't think too low.
I wonder if they do a ST version, if it will have the same altitude
Pretty sure we're going to try and grab one around fall if we can.

andymarkv

Established Member
Pretty sure we're going to try and grab one around fall if we can.
You know which version you're going to go after?
I assume in FL, no real reason for AWD, and you've got the truck so no need for the tow package.
The hybrid gets good milage...not sure if its worth the extra complexity though.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You know which version you're going to go after?
I assume in FL, no real reason for AWD, and you've got the truck so no need for the tow package.
The hybrid gets good milage...not sure if its worth the extra complexity though.
Yeah, don't need AWD and no hybrid. I'll go with a high trim level, as it'll be a primary vehicle. I'll let the wife pick out the color.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
How's awd in the rain under normal driving? Does it brake traction making you pedal or let off? Does the rear slide?

I been failing a Mazda b2300 (manual trans) for over ten years and I've been eying the ecoboost awd w/ tow package for two years. I even had in mind of going order a 2024 the day order banks opened up. I just don't want a note. I really think it's better for me than a ranger since I don't tow and I want better traction in the rain. I hate how my little truck slides so easy. Also I am sick of trying a damn manual. I told myself I wouldn't get a forced induction daily but the only other option is the FAR more expensice Honda Ridgeline.

Lastly, what's the real world mileage driving normal with the eco boost awd?

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think I've noticed any type of sliding especially with the tires I have on. The mpg seem to be aligned with Ford's claims and I can usually pull 23 or so in the city compared to the 22mpg rating in city driving.

Edit: Speaking of tunes, I just had the recall with the brakelight done and I spoke to the tech about tunes. He said his shop (as long as the tune was removed before warranty work) would not look for one and he said most of them all have their vehicles tuned. If the tune was on the vehicle when it was scanned, their hands would be tied though. He went on to tell me how someone came in with a F250 tuned and deleted and that guy had his warranty voided instantly w/o question and w/o passing Go.

Last edited:

XP900

Established Member
I have a 23 Lariat 2L ECO 4WD with 4K tow. Have 15K on it and getting 27--28 average on rural roads in NY. Rides nice at all speeds and I use it as a roundabout. Want good mileage so I am not putting large tires or tune on it. Plus Ford has done a few software upgrades so I would think a tune could be an real issue with it. A lot of metal from engine oil and rear end when changed. Get a magnetic oil drain plug and wrap a magnet on the oil filter for the first one or two changes. Small noises as it ages....speaker grill area makes noise...hopefully I have it fixed with some o rings and silicone. Drivetrain quieter than the Escapes but not as nice inside. Did not get 360 assist which I wish I would have but I can live with it. Should have been 5K in towing!

Users who are viewing this thread