Bought one.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Shitty pics attached, but it is an XLT in Cyber Orange (which is yellow), with the black package that changes not just the trim, but also the interior, AWD, trailer towing package, and most importantly the 2.0 Ecoboost. Tunes already ordered...

It needs better tires IMHO (wider), but all in all it is much nicer than I expected and there is tons of room in the inside.

Attachments

• PXL_20231031_181327300.jpg
    PXL_20231031_181327300.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 198
  • PXL_20231031_181337320.jpg
    PXL_20231031_181337320.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 139

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I'm trying to push my wife towards one of these.
My wife loves it and was hesitant at first and one thing she said is "it seems like a woman was involved in designing this" in reference to the interior features as well as the way it drives, the bed and all the utility there, cubbies, etc. So use that argument.

TORQUERULES

Established Member

andymarkv

Established Member
I have FORSCAN. I thought I had all the drive modes. Am I missing something?

Mine has 18"s. I wish they were wider than 7". I really want to put 245s on it. Looks to be the perfect size.
I think most trucks have 3 or 4 drive modes depending on the model.
If I understand correctly, this Forscan mod unlocks all 7 at the same time.

245's look good, but might be a little stuffed in the front end without the 1" level.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I think most trucks have 3 or 4 drive modes depending on the model.
If I understand correctly, this Forscan mod unlocks all 7 at the same time.

245's look good, but might be a little stuffed in the front end without the 1" level.
I'll look into it. Thanks.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I traded the Ranger mostly because I could continue to feel the 10R80 eating itself alive and did not want to deal with that. Also, the supercab is nice with its suicide doors, but the Maverick has as much, or a little more, cabin room than our Mazda CX-5. I do not off road, I do not tow anything besides a utility trailer or small boat, and I do not haul anything much beyond luggage or groceries. So the Maverick fits the bill better.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Im still torn on these. Looks like a woman vehicle/cousin of a Subaru, but some of the details are intriguing (AWD, 2.0 turbo, tunable, etc).

Congrats!

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I got my tuning squared away thanks to Unleashed and Torrie. I have installed Burshur's intake, at GFB DV+, and I have ordered new wheels and tires. 18x8" Drag DR 73 wheels (pic attached) and 245/55/18 tires (Nitto Motivo). I will use these in good weather and keep the factory black package wheels and tires for winter. I am not going to put on an exhaust as I can't seem to get an Ecoboost 4cyl to sound halfway decent. Really any 4cyl except for my Mazdaspeed 3 with a full 3" CNX exhaust and catless downpipe which sounds amazing believe it or not.

Attachments

• Maverick Wheels Drag DR 73.jpg
    Maverick Wheels Drag DR 73.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 46

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Eventually I'll add a tune but I think I should own it for a while and put some miles on it first. My last vehicle was tuned (OTS) and although I drove it conservatively it started making a weird sound in the tranny/clutch area few months after tuning it and continued even with the tune removed. I know it wasn't the tune or hope it wasn't but I feel paranoid.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Now to research springs that do not drop it to the point that it is useless on WV roads and driveways. I'd actually like to just level just the rear down, but I will have to find springs with just about 1" drop to do that. Not the 2" or more most kits are doing. If the coils were not wound the way they are at the top and bottom, I could cut 1/2 coil with a cut off saw and drop the rear an 1". Not in the cards.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I may try the H&R sport as they are 1.5" front and 2" rear to see what they are like. If I can find them at a decent price.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I got my tuning squared away thanks to Unleashed and Torrie. I have installed Burshur's intake, at GFB DV+, and I have ordered new wheels and tires. 18x8" Drag DR 73 wheels (pic attached) and 245/55/18 tires (Nitto Motivo). I will use these in good weather and keep the factory black package wheels and tires for winter. I am not going to put on an exhaust as I can't seem to get an Ecoboost 4cyl to sound halfway decent. Really any 4cyl except for my Mazdaspeed 3 with a full 3" CNX exhaust and catless downpipe which sounds amazing believe it or not.
I see CVFab has an intercooler available. I like their parts on my Raptor and Explorer.

For exhaust, I heard a Maverick with Thermal R&D 3" system and it was pretty nice. Not overly loud. good tone. I like their quality on my Explorer.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know what to believe. Most people seem to think the dealer can find it even when removed. Some swear up and down the opposite. I kinda lean towards the former rather than latter. Hyundai never cared that I had a tune. Subaru didn't say anything but I'm guessing it was because they never found the issue I was having with the car. Something tells me Ford would be looking if there was an engine issue.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The million-dollar question: Can the dealer detect a tune was installed on the vehicle even if it is removed before service?

my understanding is Ford can tell and has been able to for quite some time. It kind of sounds like it's only really an issue if you have a) have a bunch of other mods or b) Ford sends someone in to investigate a claim if you toast a motor or trans or something.

it doesnt seem like the dealer has any real motivation to go looking for evidence of a tune unless there's a big problem

Users who are viewing this thread