Bought My First House

Raindog

Established Member
Finally, after months of searching and deals falling through. Found a foreclosure in Maggie Valley that someone had bought to turn into a duplex, stripped to the studs and then ran ran out of money. The bank actually paid to turn the house back into a single family and finished it, then it sat on the market for two years with not a single offer.

Listing price was 340k, I offered 250 and they took it. It appraised at 350 so the mortgage went like clockwork. I love this place, there's room for the car, jeep and bikes in the garage and I have plenty of room when friends and family visit. It has almost 1300 square ft of porch, perfect for cookouts and a flat back yard (which I fenced a couple weeks ago) that works out well for crusher to run in.

DSC_5199-XL.jpg

DSC_5178-X3.jpg

DSC_5173-XL.jpg

DSC_5232-XL.jpg

DSC_5259-XL.jpg

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Awesome!!! I just started the home buying process yesterday.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
That looks like a really nice place!
Good buy and good luck

Raindog

Established Member
When I found this one I had an offer in on a large short sale in a not so nice neighborhood that needed a lot of work. Was browsing MLS at work and found the listing for this one, it was way more than I could afford but I wanted to get away from the counter so I went to look at it on lunch.

I really liked it but it was almost 100k over budget, called my realtor and she said she would contact the agent. I still can't believe they let it go for what I offered, everything in here is new from the hardwood floors to the roof and it looks like they spared no expense.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
3ovar3.jpg

But that is seriously a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread