Bought My First House

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Holy Smokes!

That is a nice casa grande!

Congrats! Looks like the garage needs finishing, time to get to work!

E

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Great looking house! Looks like you got a hell of a deal. Now, more pics of the home audio setup. What front towers are those? Magnapan?

flS/R

Established Member
so I was looking at these pictures again and was drooling over the garage. I didn't really notice it at first but you have a stripper pole in there FTW!!!

DSC_5171-XL.jpg

Raindog

Established Member
so I was looking at these pictures again and was drooling over the garage. I didn't really notice it at first but you have a stripper pole in there FTW!!!

DSC_5171-XL.jpg

LOL, yeah I have a couple of them down there. The neighbors called it the whorehouse, said it reminded them of something from New Orleans.

Raindog

Established Member
Great looking house! Looks like you got a hell of a deal. Now, more pics of the home audio setup. What front towers are those? Magnapan?

Appreciate it guys,

I love my maggies, they are 1.6's. Some say they aren't dynamic enough to use as stand alones in a home theater setup, those people need to feed them a couple thousand watts and put SVS subs behind each. For clarity and pure gut wrenching LFE, I'm sold on the pairing. There is no problem pressurizing the room and the maggies reveal everything.

The main problem that I was having up here was the 50" just wasn't cutting it, the sound overwhelmed the screen. Picked up a 70" vizio today, it helped. Also added more seating. You'll notice the television is offset on the stand, have to get longer cables for the left tower before I can center it.

I'm also going to ditch the PS3 and HK AVR605 in favor of an Oppo BDP-105. It should do everything those two are currently handling (besides gaming) except significantly better.

DSC_5280-X2.jpg

DSC_5284-X2.jpg

HIonPSI

Established Member
Sweet place man. Love the setup, very unique. Blow out those studs if they aren't load bearing and make one hell of a garage including the stripper poles :lol: Be sure to update with progress, best of luck for you :beer:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
That house is badass, you're a lucky SOB. Heck a house like that here would be 600k or more. It has some nice character and the wood floors rock. I suggest enclosing part of the garage so that you have a space to heat in case of small projects. That way you don;t have to try and heat the entire garage if you have a messy project you can do on a work table.

Users who are viewing this thread