Bought back my first racecar...

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Would be nice for a mod to come in here and delete a lot of this garbage "it's not a racecar" posts.

I think it's a great story that she managed to find the car, and I'm looking forward to updates.

the5

Established Member
Nice to see this car! Seen it on IG and was waiting to see what you do to it.

I was hoping Coyote swap :-D

smitty2919

Established Member
I raced it? Geez you people are so damn literal. That said, it's probably seen more actual track time than most cars on this site. Road course, autocross, drag strip, etc. Didn't care, I ran it. It's the first car I raced = my first racecar. Moving on.

Thumbs up

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
WTF did I miss? Damn it guys let me read it first before you clean it up LOL

Hey new guy. That's a official Texas license plate...

It is the original state issued Texas plate I ran on this car most of the time I owned it:

P1012177-XL.jpg

Texas plates are printed, not stamped. That said, this plate is currently registered to some stupid lady in San Antonio on her hybrid Corolla, and I am patiently waiting till March in the hopes that she fails to renew it. I threw it on the car for that picture, for nostalgia's sake. I will run this plate again when I can secure it from the state.

As for my candid use of the shocking word "racecar." When I am done, this car will be what they call "full retard." It will be trailered, it will be raced, and it will rarely see street usage. Can we drop this already, please?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
WTF did I miss? Damn it guys let me read it first before you clean it up LOL

It is the original state issued Texas plate I ran on this car most of the time I owned it:

P1012177-XL.jpg

Texas plates are printed, not stamped. That said, this plate is currently registered to some stupid lady in San Antonio on her hybrid Corolla, and I am patiently waiting till March in the hopes that she fails to renew it. I threw it on the car for that picture, for nostalgia's sake. I will run this plate again when I can secure it from the state.

As for my candid use of the shocking word "racecar." When I am done, this car will be what they call "full retard." It will be trailered, it will be raced, and it will rarely see street usage. Can we drop this already, please?

I don't understand why everyone brings race into it.

Also, find said lady in San Antonio....slash her tires or throat and aquire tags.

(I had a good pun where I said slash her tires / throat... het it... / slash.... shoulda used it.. ****)

MFE

Established Member
I wonder how many people calling foul on "racecar" have actually ever driven anything on a racing surface of any sort. I'm thinking it's a number near zero.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I wonder how many people calling foul on "racecar" have actually ever driven anything on a racing surface of any sort. I'm thinking it's a number near zero.

This.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ughhh another women with her “raceca…. Oh hey Kat! :D Glad to see you bought her back! I remember when I first came here, your car was one of the ones I fell in love with, was jelly that it looked better than my 01 Cobra I even PM’d you about some stuff about it.

Good to see its back to the rightful owner and welcome back!

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
As for my candid use of the shocking word "racecar." When I am done, this car will be what they call "full retard." It will be trailered, it will be raced, and it will rarely see street usage....

I vote for returning close to stock, adding safety equipment/cage and come run CMC with us.:rockon: Texas region has a really good car count.:burnout: Nothing's funner than a standing start followed by the chaos coming into the first turn.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Ughhh another women with her “raceca…. Oh hey Kat! :D Glad to see you bought her back! I remember when I first came here, your car was one of the ones I fell in love with, was jelly that it looked better than my 01 Cobra I even PM’d you about some stuff about it.

Good to see its back to the rightful owner and welcome back!

Hah. He's got jokes!

Is this better - my 3th...4th...6th? I don't remember. Racecar:

11140759_440378142803343_8069681659885966047_o-X2.jpg

IMG_5198-1-X2.jpg

12291199_1001540063242564_864424138203154640_o-X2.jpg

I vote for returning close to stock, adding safety equipment/cage and come run CMC with us.:rockon: Texas region has a really good car count.:burnout: Nothing's funner than a standing start followed by the chaos coming into the first turn.

Very unlikely. 1, I don't want to wreck this one. 2, I actually want it to be fast. lol

If I were to consider CMC or another racing league, I'd buy a prepped car...much much better use of money.

Users who are viewing this thread