Bought back my first racecar...

TClark22

Established Member
Yes people she still has her GT500 and her Tremor.

lol she calls it race car because she...uhh raced it. And is building it up for higher HP to you know...RACE IT SOME MORE. Jesus.

The owner after you who switched that 99-01 cobra bumper for an 03-04 should be kicked in the junk a few times. Then a few more times for treating the car like shit

By some of the replies here, I see why she doesn't visit here much anymore!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Awesome Kat, good luck with the build. I always wanted to buy back my GT, but I'm sure after 5-6 years, it's been trashed.

The owner after you who switched that 99-01 cobra bumper for an 03-04 should be kicked in the junk a few times.

Why, for wanting a bumper that looks better and allows way more air to the radiator/intercooler?

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
Yes people she still has her GT500 and her Tremor.

lol she calls it race car because she...uhh raced it. And is building it up for higher HP to you know...RACE IT SOME MORE. Jesus.

The owner after you who switched that 99-01 cobra bumper for an 03-04 should be kicked in the junk a few times. Then a few more times for treating the car like shit

By some of the replies here, I see why she doesn't visit here much anymore!

I think everyone here has asked simple questions and given her positive feedback. I don't know what you have been reading.

71catruck

Established Member
Congratulations on getting the car back. I have thought a few times of selling may car, have had it for almost 9 years. This thread made me decide to never let it go.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Nice, always thought it would be awesome to pick back up a few of my cars I had when I was younger...but I know for a fact 3 of them are totalled and sitting in land fills lol.

Separate note...I saw you calling out some chick on the CTSV FB page who had been talking shit to you for a while. Did you ever get a response about TX2K?

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
Looked great the first time you owned it. I'm confident you'll bring it back to life and even better than before. Makes sense now why the gt500 was up for sale. Doing blower or turbos?

2001sleeper

Established Member
what makes it a basket case?
still looks like a simple bolt on car, great starting point for a motor swap.

I hope you go 4V and turbo.

D1SC_GT

Banned
As far as the bumper, join some of the facebook mustang pages (03-04 Cobra parts for sale, mod motor mustangs, new edge mustang 99-04 parts for sale, etc). A 99/01 bumper pops up every now and then. Theres a 99 for sale right now on the 03-04 Cobra parts for sale page

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
guess you sold the gt500? good luck with the build!

Glad to see you back. Is the GT500 gone?

Nope, Shelby is still here, for now.

That is great you bought back a car you used to own. I miss my 94 GT sometimes. I had a lot of great times in it and owned it for a very longgggggggg time. I don't think I would buy it back though even though it was the first car I ever bought and it has a lot of good memories for me.

Now how does one crack the dashboard and lose the headlight knob? I assume from taking it off and on while putting in the new gauges.

The headlight knob fell off the day I picked it up, just old plastic. Same with the rest of the gauge surround. I think I actually have another one somewhere in the attic, but it wasn't the same color. I'll have to look. Also, the other switch that's there (no idea what it does) might have lead to additional destruction.

If anyone wants to buy my 99 and do a bunch of work to it, Im more than willing to buy it back for 50% of all investment.

I actually made money on the sale lol, but it'll probably cost me that much back just to get it where it was. Sorta.

It is hard to believe the pics are of the same car. I don't understand how people could pay good money for a nice car and let it go to shit like the owner after you did.....Makes no sense.

The owner after the owner after me:)

Congrats, looking forward to the build. I have toyed around with locating and buying my first new car I ever bought (98 Eclipse GSX). It is probably totaled or trashed by now though. Too bad as I had a forged motor built, huge turbo etc...

What type of boost are you going with if I missed it?

Roots blower. I like tark.

Great to see you back, Kat! And congratulations on buying back your old Mustang. Is your plan to return it (on the exterior) to where it was when you sold it? Hope so, because that was a really good looking car from the photos you posted.

Pretty much, with a couple of tweaks.

Still have the Gt500 and Tremor?

Yes.

T'was the owner after the guy I sold it to

Separate note...I saw you calling out some chick on the CTSV FB page who had been talking shit to you for a while. Did you ever get a response about TX2K?

She has dodged every attempt to nail down a race. She's a disgrace to the community, a thief, and a bully. Don't worry, SOMETHING will happen at 2K :)

Looked great the first time you owned it. I'm confident you'll bring it back to life and even better than before. Makes sense now why the gt500 was up for sale. Doing blower or turbos?

GT500 is for sale because oil is in the dumps, and after 3 rounds of layoffs....yeah, I'm still nervous.

Blower, most likely.

what makes it a basket case?
still looks like a simple bolt on car, great starting point for a motor swap.

I hope you go 4V and turbo.

Did you see the engine pics? 4V it is, but blown. I have a strange affection for roots blowers.

Basket case = bunch of the electrical isn't working, wire hanging across the foot well for wtf who knows, doesn't like starting, flywheel is loose, needs carpet, half the dash is junk, and it needs almost an entire repaint at this point. Hood is faded, bumpers are cracked, dings, scratches, sigh. You get the point.

I raced it? Geez you people are so damn literal. That said, it's probably seen more actual track time than most cars on this site. Road course, autocross, drag strip, etc. Didn't care, I ran it. It's the first car I raced = my first racecar. Moving on.

1k or bust.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
The association in which they race I guess. They have full classes of bone stock Miata's, they do road courses and such. If you think OP is a "******" you may want to look at HER profile.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
pretty cool. i never let go of my first car because i always knew i'd wind up regretting it/looking to buy it back in the future. plus whenever i see somebody that i haven't seen in a long time, the first question is "still got the cobra?"

i hear ya on the layoff part. goodluck with the sale and the build!

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I mean, you're right. I haven't been on here in a while. That being said, you're posts are making more sense now, well in a way. I can see you're just an attention whore trying to be funny. Or there's an inside joke between you and Kat I don't know about. I'm betting against the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread