Bought a car and think I got scammed. Question

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The dealership is required to file a 8300 form for cash transactions over 10k. A better scenario is paying with a ballers credit card and racking up points. Then paying off the bill the next cycle. Always best to confirm the dealership accepts card payments before going though.

Dealerships will accept it... but at a 3-4% processing fee, typically that will get passed along and make any point gain disappear.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Phone bills have always struck me as having a lot of weird charges when you look at an itemized breakdown. I mean FFS many were still paying the Spanish American War Tax that was tacked onto their bill until the 21st Century.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like words from scum. It’s called being a decent human being. Guess you take advantage of every person you can. It’s people like you that have run this country into the ground. You have no morals it seems. I live by the golden rule and treat others how I want to be treated.
Jeesh man, he is not wrong, nor was he the one that did it….

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Sounds like words from scum. It’s called being a decent human being. Guess you take advantage of every person you can. It’s people like you that have run this country into the ground. You have no morals it seems. I live by the golden rule and treat others how I want to be treated.
Your assertions have no base in fact. He's helped countless members here save serious monies.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

Learn to read your contract, noob

You:

fi2yfd6nxg451.jpg

JimCSHO

Established Member
A friend of mine owns a bunch of Dunkin stores locally. On his receipts, instead of just having one spot for "sales tax" he breaks out every single tax (there's like 6 individual ones) that's being added to your coffee and donut. He likes transparency.
We stopped to buy donuts at a place in North Carolina that is famous for their product. On the receipt we noticed there was a separate "donut tax" - apparently there really is a "donut tax" in NC because we looked it up.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
When paying cash i like get finacing and pay off the note a few days later...ive learned if ya tell the dealer youre a cash buyer they try a lot harder to add on fees and assorted shit

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is there a worse experience than walking in a dealership? I can't think of one.
Not every dealership is a stealership, of course. @13COBRA , for example. I have had multiple positive experiences closing on vehicles with a local Mini Cooper dealership and my Genesis dealership. No questionable add-on fees and no issues with denying extra services. I've also had a few not-so positive experiences with other dealerships.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Not every dealership is a stealership, of course. @13COBRA , for example. I have had multiple positive experiences closing on vehicles with a local Mini Cooper dealership and my Genesis dealership. No questionable add-on fees and no issues with denying extra services. I've also had a few not-so positive experiences with other dealerships.
Lucky...my local group has like 20 stores and a shady as hell...sucks wr gotta drive multiple hrs to find a good store

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
My parents went to buy an rv at a camping world years ago. We had to drive down to drive it for home for them.

They went to sign paper work, we waited. Was supposed to be a cash deal.

They tried to force them to finance to get the price quoted, then CW stuffed 18000 in extra warranty on top. My mom was pissed, and stormed out. Dad is wheeling behind in the wheel chair shouting "They're trying to **** us!"

Lesson: Never be in a position where you can't walk away. Or roll for that matter.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
you went there in a big enough hurry it overrode common sense. Selling it that way doesn't make much sense to me based on a quick skim of your explanation. Unless your state has some kind of "cooling off" period, which most don't, especially on a new car going back pissed off isn't going to get you anywhere.

I've had several dealers try this kind of bullshit in the past when we had an OTD price agreed to on the phone, none of them ever let me get off the showroom floor before honoring the original deal.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like you got screwed a bit. Lesson being, you should not ever be in a hurry to spend 40k plus and you should have an idea what that bottom line on the sales contract should be. I mean everything is usually itemized on it. I laugh when they always talk about the payment amount - that is a clear sign they are likely getting bent over.

Proud to say on my last three, I have had no added dealer options, warranties or other bullshit. I usually have the price I am willing to pay before I even look in person, so I just throw it out there and tell th no other bullshit up front. I don’t want to waste time for either of us.

Users who are viewing this thread