Bought a 2011 GT500 today!!!!!!!!

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
thats a good question, the inside is completely solid. like there are absolutely no squeeks or noises. now the performance is a little more different, the shelby deffinetly pulls hard but its not a throw your ass in the seat kinda thing. I feel like my cobra which has minor mods pulls harder. the tranny is way better than the t56, its very smooth and precise with very short shifts. Hope that helps

you forgot to mention what it's like fishtailing :p

text me once you've got it broken in a little more and let me know how those gears feel compared to the cobra and what it's like cornering, etc. with the 19s lol

oh and when I come back those interior lights better still be red

Zoom

Established Member
you forgot to mention what it's like fishtailing :p

text me once you've got it broken in a little more and let me know how those gears feel compared to the cobra and what it's like cornering, etc. with the 19s lol

oh and when I come back those interior lights better still be red

haha funny, its getting broken in. i have taken a few corners with it, the thing is so flat, the body doesnt roll at all. it has less body roll the the terminator but that could be due to the new aluminum block lol

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
thats a good question, the inside is completely solid. like there are absolutely no squeeks or noises. now the performance is a little more different, the shelby deffinetly pulls hard but its not a throw your ass in the seat kinda thing. I feel like my cobra which has minor mods pulls harder. the tranny is way better than the t56, its very smooth and precise with very short shifts. Hope that helps

Yes it does, I wonder if its to do with the extra weight.. do you thinit makes more than your terminator @ the wheels? (I am unsure what the 11's usually dyno at). Sounds like a nice car, throw a TT on it!!

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
I feel the same way and I had a ported cobra. To me the hp is great. It could use some more tq. A lot of guys are complaining about the trans grinding. I have had no issues with mine. Congrats man. Nice to see another GT500 with no stripes.:rockon:

my dads has 23k miles on it daily driven and never complained once about gear grind. going from that car to a 99-04 is completely different. its so solid and smooth compared to the old cars. no squeaks or anything. he had a c6 before with a intake and borla cat back and that threw you back hard. the gt500 just pulls smoothly but when you shift into second quick and his boost it scared me as the driver.

Zoom

Established Member
Yes it does, I wonder if its to do with the extra weight.. do you thinit makes more than your terminator @ the wheels? (I am unsure what the 11's usually dyno at). Sounds like a nice car, throw a TT on it!!

hmm probably makes a little more than my cobra it only 478 and 441 and the weight isn't much different beacause they shaved about 100 pounds by putting the new aluminum block in the 2011's so i dont know why but it feels different, but its a good different, but yea i may put a kenne bell or whipple on it at some point haha

my dads has 23k miles on it daily driven and never complained once about gear grind. going from that car to a 99-04 is completely different. its so solid and smooth compared to the old cars. no squeaks or anything. he had a c6 before with a intake and borla cat back and that threw you back hard. the gt500 just pulls smoothly but when you shift into second quick and his boost it scared me as the driver.

yea thats exactly what im saying the things feels so solid and put together compared to the 99-04 its not even funny. but youre right, when you shift quick into second and i've even done it in third gear its scary as crap and will get loose. its just a completley different monster

Daywalker

Established Member
Absolutely gorgeous car, the car of my dreams actually. Maybe when I'm 60 I'll get a used one for the right price...

Users who are viewing this thread