Boss302S

TimB

Established Member
Yes I am a Ford dealer in Vancouver , and no the car is easy to import as a race car , I also have a comp orange 2012 model Boss 302S and we sold a white 2012 to New Zealand .

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Yes I am a Ford dealer in Vancouver , and no the car is easy to import as a race car , I also have a comp orange 2012 model Boss 302S and we sold a white 2012 to New Zealand .

Most interesting. Is the comp orange 2012 Boss 302S for sale? If so, can you PM me more details? I am in Toronto.

Last edited:

cobrar217

Established Member
Hi Tim
Both your 12 and the new 13 look great. Have you had a chance to run the Cobra Jet prototype manifold yet
May need to retire our Ford GT and get a 13 to go with the white 12 down under.
ps can you box up the 2 sets of wheels please
cheers
Neil

AZBOSS

Established Member
I have done 4 races with the watts link and we also took the rear bar off and raised the rear spring rates from 350 to 400 .
The car is easier to drive and is better from mid corner to exit , easier to slide on exit , took a little compression out of the rear which helps get the power down .
The cortex cover has a drain on the bottom so no need to remove the cover .

Tim--if you don't mind, what front spring rate are you running w/ the 400lb rears?

cobrar217

Established Member
Boss 302s #25 new parts

Hollinger 6spd squential
url]

Last edited:

AZBOSS

Established Member
What are you guys using for a car cover? I have the front splitter already and will be adding the G-Stream wing early 2014; I'll need a cover for the car when it's out of the trailer at the track that will work with both of those.

Thoughts?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
What are you guys using for a car cover? I have the front splitter already and will be adding the G-Stream wing early 2014; I'll need a cover for the car when it's out of the trailer at the track that will work with both of those.

Thoughts?

I have a California Car cover and they made it special for me with the dimensions I supplied for the Splitter and G-Stream Wing. They should have the info on file.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

AZBOSS

Established Member
I have a California Car cover and they made it special for me with the dimensions I supplied for the Splitter and G-Stream Wing. They should have the info on file.

Great! Looks like they also have a "standard" FR500S one that would probably fit too. $315ish.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Gentlemen: I know this is sort of off topic, but do you guys think the Boss 302S prices will follow the FR500C/S prices a few years down the road?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Just thought I'd let my fellow Boss 302S owners in on an issue I've had with my SRA LCA's.

Back in June of this year I was at Road America at the Northwood's Shelby Club track event and I started to hear a knocking sound in the rear end. We gave the car a cursory inspection and found the diff catch can a little loose. I told the crew, that's NOT what I'm hearing but I'm willing to give it a shot. Sure enough, the sound didn't change.

Next event the knocking sound got a bit louder. Still could not find it. The last event I did, it sounded like the rear axle was going to be falling out of the car at any given moment.

We gave the car a VERY thorough inspection and found a significant amount of play in both ends of both LCA's. When we removed the LCA's we found a lot of play in mounting points. We thought it was in the spherical bearings. When we took the spherical bearings out of the control arms they pretty much fell right out. Although the spherical bearings had 'some' play in them, the biggest problem was the fact that the bore for the spherical bearing was about .006" too big. In addition, the bushings that take up the space between the mounting bolts and the spherical bearings also had a few thou clearance as well.

So..........after blasting off the powder coating (tough stuff) we tried heating up the eyes to shrink them and didn't have a lot of success. So then we heated them up again and had a little squirt bottle and sprayed some water on the bore and actually had more success. You would not want to do a full quench because you'd run the risk of making the eyes on the control arm brittle.

We ended up shrinking the eyes enough to where we are pretty happy we will have a tight enough press along with the assistance of some Loc-tite press fit assist. We also ended up replacing the spherical bearings and having to knurl the bushings that take up the difference between the spherical bearings and the mounting bolts.

Pretty sure we are going to be making these in the not too distant future. Not really happy with this design. :(

Hope this info helps.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Bruce, I was discussing the merits of Maximum Motorsport's Extreme Duty rear LCA's with a fellow member here, Sam (19COBRA93). He shared with me the fact that his FRPP arms had failed him and expressed quite a bit of disappointment considering the source, FRPP, and the price.

I'll pm him to see if he can shed some light and see if the failures were similar.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Just thought I'd let my fellow Boss 302S owners in on an issue I've had with my SRA LCA's.

Back in June of this year I was at Road America at the Northwood's Shelby Club track event and I started to hear a knocking sound in the rear end. We gave the car a cursory inspection and found the diff catch can a little loose. I told the crew, that's NOT what I'm hearing but I'm willing to give it a shot. Sure enough, the sound didn't change.

Next event the knocking sound got a bit louder. Still could not find it. The last event I did, it sounded like the rear axle was going to be falling out of the car at any given moment.

We gave the car a VERY thorough inspection and found a significant amount of play in both ends of both LCA's. When we removed the LCA's we found a lot of play in mounting points. We thought it was in the spherical bearings. When we took the spherical bearings out of the control arms they pretty much fell right out. Although the spherical bearings had 'some' play in them, the biggest problem was the fact that the bore for the spherical bearing was about .006" too big. In addition, the bushings that take up the space between the mounting bolts and the spherical bearings also had a few thou clearance as well.

So..........after blasting off the powder coating (tough stuff) we tried heating up the eyes to shrink them and didn't have a lot of success. So then we heated them up again and had a little squirt bottle and sprayed some water on the bore and actually had more success. You would not want to do a full quench because you'd run the risk of making the eyes on the control arm brittle.

We ended up shrinking the eyes enough to where we are pretty happy we will have a tight enough press along with the assistance of some Loc-tite press fit assist. We also ended up replacing the spherical bearings and having to knurl the bushings that take up the difference between the spherical bearings and the mounting bolts.

Pretty sure we are going to be making these in the not too distant future. Not really happy with this design. :(

Hope this info helps.

Bruce, I was discussing the merits of Maximum Motorsport's Extreme Duty rear LCA's with a fellow member here, Sam (19COBRA93). He shared with me the fact that his FRPP arms had failed him and expressed quite a bit of disappointment considering the source, FRPP, and the price.

I'll pm him to see if he can shed some light and see if the failures were similar.

I ran those arms (M-5649-S) for about 6 months and experienced the exact same failure/poor design. There is too much clearance between the spherical bearing housing, and the bore on the end of the arm. There might be minimal play when first assembled, but as they get used the movement further exacerbates the problem. With that amount of play in a solid type control arm, the rattles resonates throughout the chassis and it really does sound like the rear end is falling out of the car. I was quite disappointed in them considering the source and cost, as mentioned above. Ford Racing feels I simply "out powered them" causing the extra clearance. I wholeheartedly disagree. I feel it's a design flaw, without question.

Having no desire to run an arm that makes more racket than my exhaust does, I decided to swap in FRPP's cheaper arms with the urethane bushings (M-5649-R1). Well, once again, FRPP failed here too. On every Mustang built from '05-'14, the gap in the lower control mounting point is different forward to rear, with the rear being wider. On the M-5649-R1, the steel sleeves are sized properly, but the arms and bushings are not. Since the bushings are a two-piece design, they simply spread apart after just a few miles leaving a large gap between them in the control arm bores which considerably lowers their effectiveness. I had to come up with a spacer to keep the bushings in place.

My disappointment in these arms is great. Not only do I sell Ford Racing parts, but I run them on my own car, and I push them hard. I promote them, I defend them, and except for these examples, I have faith in them. So I am very curious in what Ford Racing has to say in your case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread