Boss302S

AZBOSS

Established Member
It's a Cortex racing watts link

Excellent, I am looking at this myself as a future mod.

Have you had a chance to track the car with it installed yet? If so--what are your thoughts vs. the stock PHB setup?

Also what are your plans for changing the diff fluid--are you going to disassemble the Watts and take the cover off each time, or are you going to use the cooler pump to evacuate the pumpkin?

TimB

Established Member
I have done 4 races with the watts link and we also took the rear bar off and raised the rear spring rates from 350 to 400 .
The car is easier to drive and is better from mid corner to exit , easier to slide on exit , took a little compression out of the rear which helps get the power down .
The cortex cover has a drain on the bottom so no need to remove the cover .

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I have done 4 races with the watts link and we also took the rear bar off and raised the rear spring rates from 350 to 400 .
The car is easier to drive and is better from mid corner to exit , easier to slide on exit , took a little compression out of the rear which helps get the power down .
The cortex cover has a drain on the bottom so no need to remove the cover .

Tim:

That's great info. :-D But I'm sure the Watts handles differently than the stock PHB set up.

I'd like to get the ass end of this car to feel more like my R because I'm comfortable sliding my R, this car, not so much! :(

Maybe I should do more experimenting! :idea:

Thanks,

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

TimB

Established Member
Bruce
I think you would like the setup that I am running , it is really drivable , not as nervous on entry and way easier on corner exit. It's closer to the R but without the understeer . I can slide the car thru the apex now , before it just felt too nervous

86Fbody

Established Member
I assume the 302S has the relocation brackets judging by the pictures I have seen. 1. Can anyone confirm or deny this, and 2. If the 302S comes with relocation brackets for the LCA's are they welded on from the factory, or do they even need to be for road courses?

TimB

Established Member
The Boss 302S does have the relocation brackets for the LCA's and they are just bolted on . We have seen no reason to have to weld them on .

Tim

86Fbody

Established Member
The Boss 302S does have the relocation brackets for the LCA's and they are just bolted on . We have seen no reason to have to weld them on .

Tim

Awesome thank you, do you also happen to know if the relo brackets allow for LCA's other then the FRPP.

TimB

Established Member
Not 100% sure but I think that the brackets are made to work only with the FRPP LCA's . The Ford LCA's have spherical bearings in a fairly big tube on each end of the control arm so I think they are specific to the FRPP brackets

TimB

Established Member
image_zpsecc9bcea.jpg

e7d21dee-bfc7-4de6-96e4-eb97f31db77a_zpsbb640219.jpg

1881a7d4-8506-4b4f-a82c-536df0ad816a_zps38a47814.jpg

2013 Boss 302S arrived tuesday

AZBOSS

Established Member
Awesome. From what I've seen on Ford Racing's build pictures, the '13 "S" has a number of goodies and durability improvements vs. the 12s.

TimB

Established Member
There are quite a few changes from the 12 model year ,longer ball joints , bump steer kit, battery in the trunk , bigger radiator and oil cooler , transmission cooler , carbon fiber one piece driveshaft , tubular front and rear bumper supports, smaller rear swaybar , different exhaust , PTT buttons on the steering wheel , switch panel , brake lines are routed differently , weatherseals on doors and the obvious body style changes on the 13 . I am most likely missing something but I think that's the majority of the changes .
I put the 13 on the scales ,it's 3393 with a unknown amount of fuel , so I believe that is slightly lighter than my 12 S when it was stock.
Overall the car is nicely put together with some small finishing details that are done a little better than on the 2012 .

Tim

67bigblock

Established Member
Guys
I'm told this was the first 2013 picked up at Ford. The other five were just sitting there.
Its been getting prepped for a while.
Like Tim said the battery is in the trunk and there are buttons for launch/etc on the steering wheel.
Hope to see you guys out there this year and I hope to bring this and the R.

ry%3D480

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Wow Tim, that 302S looks great!

Are you a dealer or something? How did you get the Boss 302S? Was it a pain to import?

Users who are viewing this thread