Boss TT vs 1/2 mile drags (wannagofast)

BUCKET

Established Member
First off let me thank;
JOHN for driving my TBSS with all the stuff in it for support

BRIAN for making me go and holding me to it, introducing me to the TSM crew

BLOW BY RACING for all the goodies I've been ordering. Steve has been great to work with.

TOP SPEED MOTORSPORTS for letting me hang out all weekend with them and all thier cool toys

CHAD BURDETTE (on Svt here as CH@Dbee). For the awesome work on the photography.

Chad took this and sent it to me
null_zpsbe31eede.jpg

You can see more of his work with mustangs here
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...n-sn95-5-0-mustangs-super-fords-magazine.html

Hanging with TSM epicness
null_zpsdc9acb53.jpg

null_zpsa8b932d2.jpg

I drove the car from savannah to TSM (above ATL)with my friend Brian to grab his monster GTR. From there we drove another 90miles to cabin we where staying. Then it was literally the craziest paved road up a mountain. I hope to see some pics of this soon. There is no way to describe it in text, that road was as much fun as the 1/2 mile.

Saturday:
Drive to the event (left the kid seat in the back of the boss). Air'd the 315/35/20 NT05 down and got ready to run.

Ran three times Saturday with best time of 161 mph making it the fastest mustang of Saturday. With wanting to be able to drive the car home I was granny shifting every run, figuring if 860+ Rwhp was gonna kill the mt-82 it would be 5hrs away from home. Of course I was running against Brian's gtr and he just murdered me every run.
The car had more in it with shifting and such. I got boost where I wanted on the ams 1000. Dropped air pressure maybe two more psi during the day. Hung out and had fun.

Air'd the tires back up and we charged the mountain again. All got ready and headed to dinner. Back up at the cabin afterwords it was drinks, car talk and hanging out and meeting the crazy neighbor!!!

Sunday:

Knowing I needed to up my boost ramp I changed it to come in twice as fast. Air'd the tires down again and hit the lanes as soon as we arrived. What ended up staging behind me was a Lamborghini balboni edition. Talked to the owner a lot, guy was super cool and was down to run!
I only ran 157 against him making it my second slowest time to my 153 on Saturday but was by far the run that made me smile.

null_zps983ba70a.jpg

Wannagofast 9-15-13 - 5.0 Mustang vs Lambo - YouTube

We talked after and dude was laughing and shocked

I staged again and ran a ZL1. Knowing this would be last run of the day I two stepped it out of the hole at 2500rpms

Boss TT vr ZR1 - YouTube

Ran my fastest time of 162 against him. I didn't not hear if any mustang ran faster that day. It was around 10am after that run and we needed to leave at noon, So we called it for the day. Hung out with everyone, talked and aired the tires back up in the boss for the 5hr ride home.

Car made it home with no issues, hammered on it on the way home as well. There are a ton more pic out there everyone else took.

Some of the ride home. Brian's crazy self hanging out windows for pics

John in the SS support vehicle and the boss doing work
null_zpsc853b114.jpg

null_zps84b4046b.jpg

null_zps5bf5f41e.jpg

To end: I made this post on phone so it's prob, horrid on grammar. More pics coming when the guys check their cameras. I did fight traction in lower gears on runs and tired if my trans being the worry of the car. So T56 is on its way!!!!! The car has much more in it and I plan to exploit the hell out of it. Way too much fun, way too much stuff to try to type in a post from all that happened

Last edited:

Nasty5ohhh

Established Member
Nice. Looked like a cool event what's the problem with the Trans or are you just gonna fix it before breaks.

BUCKET

Established Member
Nothing really wrong with it other than I baby it. Tired of having to do that and instead of waiting to break it and leave me somewhere I am gonna replace it so I can beat the hell out of the car

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
It's always been a pleasure to work and help when I can Chris. Love the car and it deff showed the higher end class that Mustang's are not something to ignore anymore!

IGO 202

Established Member
The car seat was a hoot to look at while checking the vehicles out. You were definitely having traction issues waaay out there. Car looked & ran GREAT!
Dan

poof100

Established Member
Looking good! You gonna bring that beast to Bowling Green and run it down the track now that you have the beast Magnum? :burnout:

BUCKET

Established Member
Looking good! You gonna bring that beast to Bowling Green and run it down the track now that you have the beast Magnum? :burnout:

It's so hard for me to get off work, trying to make it to FL2k13 next month but on call that weekend. That said putting the car on stands tomorrow to pulling stuff for T56 swap. May need to order me some 15x10 rts and trailer hitch to start driving this thing all over with support trailer. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread