Quick motor shots

Here's a few pics of the motor. Still dirty:

CIMG2885.jpg

CIMG2886.jpg

CIMG2887.jpg

CIMG2888.jpg

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Yes I was. The beauty of the 324 is that you get 43 more cubic inches in the same package as a 281 cubic inch motor. Add to it a stock (on the outside) intake and no one can tell your motor is what it is. With that, any pics he posts will look just like a bolt-on 4.6 4v. Ya gotta love it.

How much more weight do you gain with the iron block though?

Nazman

Established Member
Glad you finally got that 324 fininshed with! Now post that darn video!!! LOL!

How do you like those extra CIs? :beer:

Yes, that AF is nice and conservative. Bring her to ~12.8/9 and bump that timing to ~27 degs.....let her rip.

Pass this BKT to Don, tell him this was my BKT on the my old 324......:banana:

EDIT: Removed File

Send me an email and Ill pass you the file....

Now post that video!

Naz

Last edited:

coolguy10786

Established Member
Glad you finally got that 324 fininshed with! Now post that darn video!!! LOL!

How do you like those extra CIs? :beer:

Yes, that AF is nice and conservative. Bring her to ~12.8/9 and bump that timing to ~27 degs.....let her rip.

Pass this BKT to Don, tell him this was my BKT on the my old 324......:banana:

Send me an email and Ill pass you the file....

Now post that video!

Naz

email sent

thanks Carlos:beer:

I promise videos tomorrow night! I had to work late tonight and go teach a boxing class.

Last edited:

SpittingCobra

Established Member
that sounds right from what I have read. For those of you who might say its too much weight, keep in mind that any FI power adder will add 50-60.

You're right but... I had my car on the scale at the track last week. 3600 pounds!?! (with me in it, 1/8 tank gas, seats and spare tire/jack removed) I'm 225lbs.

I already have too much hp and not enough traction even with 335 DR's. I will work with the suspension but I just wish there was a damn aluminum block option for the big displacement with a 4 valve so that with the tubular k-member you can solve the front heavy issues for better weight transfer.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I had never considered the extra weight of a s/c, piping and the intercooler before:read: Any guesses on what this new combo will put down for power?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You're right but... I had my car on the scale at the track last week. 3600 pounds!?! (with me in it, 1/8 tank gas, seats and spare tire/jack removed) I'm 225lbs.

I already have too much hp and not enough traction even with 335 DR's. I will work with the suspension but I just wish there was a damn aluminum block option for the big displacement with a 4 valve so that with the tubular k-member you can solve the front heavy issues for better weight transfer.

There is an aluminum block option; you can have one made into a BB. The dry sleeves are very reliable, but the wet sleeves aren't.

Nazman

Established Member

My car is ~3300LBS WITH the Boss Iron Block, Cage, DS Loop, Safe Craft Fire Supresion on the motor (got to protect the high $$$ items), Nitrous system and bunch other crap.

The ONLY weight removal mods are:

Solid Axle
AC Delete
Rear Seat Delete
Race Seat

Other than that, its a full weight car.

Ah...I'm about 205LBS.

You could do an Aluminum block to 322-324CIs but I would not recomend 7500+RPMs on that one.

With the Boss block, the sky is the limit as far as RPM capability and over 1500+RW with the 4 bolt main drilled.

Naz

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
nazman are you runing coilovers and a tubular k member, It justs seems your car is really light for what you have removed on it, but I weighed my car at the county weight station (3335) but I don't trust them as the last time I went my truck according to them weighed exaclty 500 pounds less after I dumped the trash out,
I then asked them if that was an exact weight and he told me yes, I was amaized how I was able to just make the 500 pound cut off where they charge you, I was pissed to say the least.
-anyways if your concerned about extra weight on the front end simple things like moving the battery to the trunk can help transfer some weight off the nose, or running skinnies on the front

coolguy10786

Established Member
I know i'm slacking on the vids. I was going to do it last night, but ended up working on my circuit theory homework til midnight after work.

I'm going to try tomorrow, but more likely it will be this weekend.

Nazman

Established Member
I know i'm slacking on the vids. I was going to do it last night, but ended up working on my circuit theory homework til midnight after work.

I'm going to try tomorrow, but more likely it will be this weekend.

Email it to me and Ill host it and if is not edited Ill do so as well....

Naz

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
The production cast iron 4.6 is 68 lbs heavier than the Teksid. According to John at MP, the Boss is another 25 lbs heavier than the production iron block. So, the Boss is about 93 lbs heavier than the Teksid.

Nice set-up! BTW, what static compression are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread