Boss 324 awakens!!!!

coolguy10786

Established Member
Ok i know i should be banned for posted that title with no pics or vids.

I PROMISE i will have plenty of both tomorrow.

Just had it running for the first time in months and boy does it sound mean!!!!:rockon::rockon::mj::mj:

Still have to install the wideband, bleed the front brakes, and button up the suspension and align the front end, but it RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be breaking it in via the motoman method tomorrow.

:dancenana::dancenana:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Time to upgrade the sig eh?

I just got your message about the cam timing...ain't that process a b!&ch? How many hours did it end up taking ya anyway?

coolguy10786

Established Member
Ya i need to do that.

I think all in all it took about 4-5hrs. It was a bitch, but actually not as bad as i had expected. I can't imagine doing it without the adj cam gears though. Thanks a ton for you help Todd.

I'm going to head down to the shop and finish it up once the sun rises. Its about 20F right now; a little too cold for me.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I think all in all it took about 4-5hrs. It was a bitch, but actually not as bad as i had expected. I can't imagine doing it without the adj cam gears though. Thanks a ton for you help Todd.

I'm going to head down to the shop and finish it up once the sun rises. Its about 20F right now; a little too cold for me.

You're very welcome. 20 deg there and 80 here in Ohio...I love this Global Warming stuff.

coolguy10786

Established Member
I bet it looks just like a 99/01 cobra motor.

lol maybe

Just took it for a quick drive.................................

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::rockon::rockon::rockon::mj::mj:

I didn't go full throttle yet. Mother of God this thing has torque!!!!

Off to break in the motor and get pics/vids

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Were you trying to make some kind of point with that post?
Yes I was. The beauty of the 324 is that you get 43 more cubic inches in the same package as a 281 cubic inch motor. Add to it a stock (on the outside) intake and no one can tell your motor is what it is. With that, any pics he posts will look just like a bolt-on 4.6 4v. Ya gotta love it.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn it's pretty sad when you've been waiting for this shit all day lol. work is very boring and please post it up on Streetfire work doesn't allow youtube.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

huge_roll_eyes.gif

Ya, you!

:lol:

coolguy10786

Established Member
I know exactly what a 324 can do. However, he better not post a full throttle vid until he gets it broken in properly.

Put about 20-30 miles on it accelerating and deccelarating in 2nd 3rd and fourth. Changing the oil again on it right now. Didn't do any WOT runs to start with, but after about 25miles did some harder runs and :rockon::rockon:

The a/f is between 11.0-11.5 so it looks in check. Don set timing very conservative, which is good.

Man this thing is fast and talk about instant throttle response!!!

Pics up in a few. Vid may have to wait sorry guys got a shit ton of other non car stuff to do as well lol.

Users who are viewing this thread