Votes: 69 63.9%
  • BASSANI

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
magnaflow catted x plus stingers here. it's very tame idle/partial throttle and roars when you lean into it, especially midrange. perfect for tip toeing when the cops are near and then surprisingly loud when you floor it. :rolling:

same setup i have. Here is a vid from the dyno this past Monday...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiFaE5FysWw"]YouTube- Cobra Dyno[/nomedia]

black 10th vert

Established Member
we have a local white cobra with an X pipe and stingers. heard his car this past summer and thought it sounded like ass. :shrug:

if only there was a way to contain the rasp...haven't seen it done yet.

Well, it would make a huge difference if he ran a catted X. Most of the rasp is taken away by the cats. Also if running a Bassani catback (with the Stingers in it), you could cut down more of the rasp, by leaving in the baffles in the tips. I currently have the whole Bassani system (catted), and I'm considering trying out the Stingers, but just replacing the mufflers, and leaving everything else as is. Should sound sweet, but if I don't like it for some reason, the Stingers are really popular, so they will be easy to re-sell on here anyway.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
we have a local white cobra with an X pipe and stingers. heard his car this past summer and thought it sounded like ass. :shrug:

thats a crock of crap if that car had a catted x. if it's catless, then ya, get ready for major raspiness. But a catted xpipe (choose whatever flavor you like) plus the stingers is an awesome combination for a daily driver. zero rasp. just heavy levels of bass when you lean into her. Not a massive amount of top end sound level.....but once again... HEAVY mid range bass when you first tip that throttle. :coolman:

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
bassani x and cat back... And I get plenty of compliments from people. My man has stingers and so does my brother. Their exhausts sound more "loud and raspy" than what I would consider "good." This is my second full set bassani exhaust and thats why I went with it again.

Like I said, stingers sound sick because they are louder than the rest, but bassani sounds loud, but smooth.

o GET SMACKED o

o GET SMACKED o
Established Member
I took Bassani off my car as I bought the car with the Bassani on there and put Stingers on my car now... Have offroad x pipe with Stingers. Super loud but love it! I had factory H pipe with cats on and my car has a lot more power now with offroad x. I also am running 17lbs of boost though which more boost requires more flow....

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
i have a flowmaster cat back now but if i had to choose between Stingers and bassani. Stingers FTW. The bassani just didn't do it for me.

ITL Cobra

Established Member
Nothing beats the Stingers / Bassani combo. I have the Bassani catted X / Stingers, and I love it. I had the UPR off road X on but at WOT it was way too loud.

dlaude

Established Member
I have a catted prochamber and stingers and it sounds real good. One of the best I've heard, IMO. It does, however, sound VERY VERY similar to the bassani catted X/stingers combo. The sound from video clips are a little different than hearing in real person, but give a good general idea. I listened to HUNDREDS of them before I made my decision. And, i made my decision, but came across a catted prochamber at a great price so changed my midpipe decision to give this great price deal a whirl haha. I'm so glad I did. Though I am looking for offroad prochamber (heard it in person and it sounds similar, just a little louder. Still no rasp - the 'chamber' eliminates all rasp) now to give it a little more OOMPH. Maybe others have different opinions of what 'rasp' is, but there is absolutely none in the catted prochamber/bassani catted x and stinger combo. Sounds beautiful.

MGC

Established Member
If you are just changing out the muffler, you should think about borla XR-1's, I have them on my car and I LOVE it, stingers sound awesome, but I think I like my XR-1's more though.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
The sound from Bassani X and Borla Stingers is awesome. But it is just too damn loud for me. Between Bassani and Borla, get the Borla.

BUT~

I really like the sound of Magnaflow.

MGC

Established Member

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3KuxsyVe7w&feature=related"]YouTube- Borla XR-1s, Bassani Offroad X on a 2003 Cobra SVT[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooBA-OyDUt8&feature=related"]YouTube- Exhaust vid[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPnf0BHZATE"]YouTube- 2003 Cobra Flyby Vid[/nomedia]

Excuse the wheel hop on the 2nd video.

Jefe

Established Member
Holy crap! That things sound ridiculous! Wonder how much some cats would quiet it down. And ya that was some bad wheel hop :lol:

MGC

Established Member
I never had cats with the X but I bet it would sound awesome, and it would be emission friendly (but I'm not too worried about that). Just the Xr-1's with stock H sounded really good WOT but very mellow idle, with the X pipe it sounds a lot better at all rpm ranges especially WOT, but damn was it a pain getting those cats out. lol.

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
a bassani catted x and stingers is the best sounding exhaust for these cars imo. I completely changed my exhaust to get this combo and i love it.

x3 Bassini x pipe with high flow cats and borla stingers. If i lost this car i would do this same set up with my new one. no questions asked.

Jefe

Established Member
Same here ^

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/11862131]SVT Cobra Borla Stinger Compilation on Vimeo[/ame]

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned

Here is your answer.
o/r h pipe ? might work... or pro chamber ?
The o/r H works alot better then a x at control the rasp and deepens the tone of the stingers. But the o/r prochamber sounds the best on the stingers IMO.

If you are just changing out the muffler, you should think about borla XR-1's, I have them on my car and I LOVE it, stingers sound awesome, but I think I like my XR-1's more though.

Where did u get the XR-1s?

Users who are viewing this thread