Borla in a box...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by xyz
Does the new Borla "Stinger" system bolt up easily to the Magnaflow catted X? Would there be a size mismatch or are both 2.5" all the way (except for the tips of course)?
Thanks
They should mate right up. They're both 2.5" tubing. Except for the tips, of course.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe Rick will bring Lynn's Cobra up to the Crazy Horse dyno day on the 14th so we can all hear that baby!
:burnout:

davidmax

Established Member
I had to remove my Borla because at 700+ rrwhp I needed a 3" custom system my shop fabbed for it.Mine are not Stingers but have a wonderful Bassani(European) type note and we got a HP incresae of about 10-12 at the tires.
I'm going by memory,the system has under 10 hours on it and is 2.5" and I would love to sell it.Anyone game 375.00 plus shipping.
Thanks and good luck with your Stingers we have sold and installed 700+ systems they look funny with 4" tips mine are much better looking and it retails for well over 750.00,Dave

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Those tips are 4"?? If that's right, then ya know what I'm doing! :D

You could sell your current setup to the Air National Guard, they have some F16s that could use an increase in sound. ;-)

If you get these then I will need a sound clip from inside the car. :D I am in love with the tips if nothing else.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
You could sell your current setup to the Air National Guard, they have some F16s that could use an increase in sound. ;-)

If you get these then I will need a sound clip from inside the car. :D I am in love with the tips if nothing else.

Racy can add them to the parts stash in their garage ;-)

the radius of the bumper cutouts is perfect for a 4" tip

Gary, too bad you weren't able to make it to Ennis...I'm looking forward to meeting more of the Texas crowd sometime :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by davidmax
I had to remove my Borla because at 700+ rrwhp I needed a 3" custom system my shop fabbed for it.
700+ rwhp. Are you serious? Are you using a big shot of nitrous?
:eek:

$375. for your Borla system is a real deal for anyone looking for one. I paid $614. shipped for my Steeda system. The Borla system goes for $650.+ (plus shipping) doesn't it?

Last edited:

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
If this is the new Stinger system, what is the difference between this one and the old one? Does anyone oese carries it besides AR? How much $? I had a Borla in my Camaro and loved it. WHy isn't Borla a popular brand for Mustangs?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This thread is about the Stinger system. It is very different from the regular Borla/Steeda system. The muffler is smaller, the tips are 4" with rolled edges, and the sound is different. It should produce more power than the regular Borla, but it is also supposed to be louder. If you need specific info I'd suggest you contact Rick. He's the one who worked with Borla on the design. I think the cost of the Stinger is about the same as the regular Borla, but don't quote me on that.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by brasil
If this is the new Stinger system, what is the difference between this one and the old one? Does anyone oese carries it besides AR? How much $? I had a Borla in my Camaro and loved it. WHy isn't Borla a popular brand for Mustangs?

just call Amazon, you won't be sorry...(410) 404-1413

if you don't get through to them right away, be a little patient..... they just got back from Texas NMRA races and they're extremely busy right now doing what they do best, which is providing excellent customer service!

:read: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36655

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=40391

Last edited:

BlKvNm

Established Member
375.00 for a used set is awesome! Someone needs to grab that deal ASAP.

This is indeed the Stinger. I will be replacing the mid pipe the same time the cb goes in so I won't have any clips other than the Bassani w/cats and the Stinger CB.

I may try to get a dyno with the magnaflow cb, then another with the Borla...I'm curious to see if there truly is a difference, and if so, how much. I will talk to Team Extreme about it and will post numbers Friday eve.

I will try to get a sound clip late this weekend, early next week.

Mick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The results will be very interesting. Thanks in advance for posting them.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by JB

Gary, too bad you weren't able to make it to Ennis...I'm looking forward to meeting more of the Texas crowd sometime :beer:

I will be living in the Dallas area again in two weeks. I would love to have been at Ennis but the kids were dead set against the road trip considering we are moving next weekend. Anytime you are in the D/FW area shoot me a PM and we will get together.
:beer:

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
I had to remove my Borla because at 700+ rrwhp I needed a 3" custom system my shop fabbed for it.Mine are not Stingers but have a wonderful Bassani(European) type note and we got a HP incresae of about 10-12 at the tires.
I'm going by memory,the system has under 10 hours on it and is 2.5" and I would love to sell it.Anyone game 375.00 plus shipping.
Thanks and good luck with your Stingers we have sold and installed 700+ systems they look funny with 4" tips mine are much better looking and it retails for well over 750.00,Dave

Lemmie see some pics, maybe I'll pick it up. :)

Gumball

Established Member
Oh, so that's what the inside of that 4' box on my garage floor looks like:D .

I'm installing the Stinger sometime next week. I'm leaving the stock H for now. Hopefully I'll have a before and after dyno in my hot little hands on the ride home.

Anyone in the Northeast who wants to hear/see them let me know:beer: .

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Gumball, you 'da man if you do a before and after dyno!!! Remember to allow for sufficient cool down to keep the variables at bay so those of us can really see how good this system is. You will not be disappointed at the fit and finish, that's for sure!!! :beer:

Gumball

Established Member
Solid, I've got the install and dyno appt for sometime next week. Unfortunately, I have no idea what day that is!! I'll have to check friday when I get back into my office.

BTW, my car is 100% stock...right down to the filter. I know Rick is waiting for the numbers as well. The bad news is that I don't have the first god dam clue as to how to attach anything to a post, so I'll need some help when I get the numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread