Borla in a box...

BlKvNm

Established Member
I thought I'd share these two pics with you guys...these bad boys go in on Friday...the mufflers are super small! I can't wait to hear the new set-up...

peace and hair grease

Mick

(ty Amazon)

BorlaboxJun0301.JPG

BorlaboxJun0302.JPG

Brad

Banned
Small mufflers like the magnapacks.. cool.. and the chrome tips.. WOW.. post pics when they go on, congrats.

~Brad

CuLaTeR

Established Member
When my Steeda exhaust arrived at my door step the box had borla posted all over it. The exhaust was packed extremely tight.

SnkEyes

Mystical SVT Poster
Established Member
BlKvNm,

Nice! What size are the tips? Did you go with the new system or the older one? I have Borla system on my 928 and man they sound great.
Let us know how they turn out.

Enjoy!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like those tips a whole lot better than the old tips they were using.

My Steeda catback was delivered today. Packaging was exactly like the Borla system, as it should since it is made by Borla. LOL! They did a super job! Can't wait to install it Friday.
:beer:

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
is the Borla piping 2" or 3", and the tips are 4" i'm assuming...I want to hear the sound just out of curiosity..thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by SVTBlackBolt
is the Borla piping 2" or 3", and the tips are 4" i'm assuming...I want to hear the sound just out of curiosity..thanks
I believe the tips are 3.5" and the tubing is 2.5".

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I measured by Steeda system and the tips are 3.5" with 2.5" pipes.

I was amazed at how well Borla packs their product. In contrast, the packing with my Magnaflow system was horrible. Tips were covered with bubble wrap but the pipes were free to move around more than they should have. The Borla and Steeda pipes are totally encased with foam packing -- no movement at all.
:)

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by Rattlebox
Is that the "Stinger" exhaust ?

yes, it's the Borla Stinger and it sounds GREAT!

the tips are awesome too, I'm probably going to buy them to put on my QMP

call Amazon Racing and talk to Rick or Linn about it.....they have them in stock and on their car and I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
I believe the tips are 3.5" and the tubing is 2.5".

tips are 4" all the way back for a foot or so before they're welded to the 2.5" tubing...they're made of T304 stainless with chrome plating and rolled ends

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by JB
tips are 4" all the way back for a foot or so before they're welded to the 2.5" tubing...they're made of T304 stainless with chrome plating and rolled ends
Those tips are 4"?? If that's right, then ya know what I'm doing! :D

NCStanger

Established Member
Mick, great looking exhaust their, especially the tips. Would love to hear it when you get the chance as I'm debating systems. I may only get cat back since emissions tests are becoming a nightmare in NC these days. Are you doing the x pipe this weekend also? Wanted to know what it sounded like with stock H pipe and the Borla system you just got. Thanks and good luck with everything on install....

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Those tips are 4"?? If that's right, then ya know what I'm doing! :D

Tracy, I know they are because I used my own ruler to measure them! :)

what I really like about them is the way they are 4" all the way ...you can't see the inside stepdown from the rear because it's so far back under the car...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't know this was the Stinger. The regular Borla system for the Cobra has 3.5" tips.

How loud is the Stinger? How would you compare it to the regular Borla, the Magnaflow or the Bassini catbacks?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
The setup on Linn's car sounds AWESOME!! The best I've heard yet. It had a really deep, powerful rumble. I think Rick said they were running the UPR catted mid-pipe, but I'm not positive.
The tips are to die for. :beer:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Do you know what kinda of HP increase from the Borlas? I think they will make a dramatic visual effect. Nice.

xyz

Established Member
Does the new Borla "Stinger" system bolt up easily to the Magnaflow catted X? Would there be a size mismatch or are both 2.5" all the way (except for the tips of course)?

Thanks

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
The setup on Linn's car sounds AWESOME!! The best I've heard yet. It had a really deep, powerful rumble. I think Rick said they were running the UPR catted mid-pipe, but I'm not positive.
The tips are to die for. :beer:

yep, UPR offroad X with some small, high-flow cats (not sure what brand)

I heard and felt it at idle, normal driving and all-out runs to the redline...it always sounded fantastic :coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread