Bolt on Focus RS 1/4 Mile Pass

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I usually have to grab the e-brake to make any turns.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You think people are buying RS's to drag and roll race? No.. I'll bet 90% of them that actually get used will be on windy roads and auto X. And those people couldn't care less that some people thought it would beat a gt and were wrong. I'm even preferring a focus ST over the viper and cobra these days.

proof will be in the 1000 to 1 drag/roll race videos vs the track videos.

I can tell you they are absolutely worth the money. One of the best performance cars I have bought for the price. I have a few performance cars too. 2011 raptor, 2014 SHO, 96 blown cobra,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd wager your SHO if PP with a tune will run mid to high 12's. That is much more impressive than what the RS's are running.

You should try cornering fast, it's a riot.

He has a low 11 second Lightning.

blk02edge

Established Member
I actually used to see a couple lightnings at autoX. No they didn't have the fastest times but they had just as much fun lol

SVTPete83

Established Member
proof will be in the 1000 to 1 drag/roll race videos vs the track videos.

I'd wager your SHO if PP with a tune will run mid to high 12's. That is much more impressive than what the RS's are running.

If you say so. But my SHO will be for sale next week if that says anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I finally found and evo that runs an 11.7 with similar mods. Except it needed to be an RS with the same mods plus cams, evo IX turbo and drag radials.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
I finally found and evo that runs an 11.7 with similar mods. Except it needed to be an RS with the same mods plus cams, evo IX turbo and drag radials.

An RS only weighs 44lbs less than a regular evo and hks cams are just like stock evo IX cams. And trust me, that car doesn't need drag radials, I don't even know why they would put drag radials on a 350-360whp evo. Lol.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
An RS only weighs 44lbs less than a regular evo and hks cams are just like stock evo IX cams. And trust me, that car doesn't need drag radials, I don't even know why they would put drag radials on a 350-360whp evo. Lol.
The 272 still makes gains so therefore it is an improvement over stock. Also, the weight difference is greater than 44lbs. 3026 vs 3263. Just because it didn't need DR's doesn't mean it didn't help the car run that time.

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
The 272 still makes gains so therefore it is an improvement over stock. Also, the weight difference is greater than 44lbs. 3026 vs 3263. Just because it didn't need DR's doesn't mean it didn't help the car run that time.
I was thinking about the IX RS weight, not sure how much the weight difference is between the 8s. Also, the drag radials didn't do anything for that car, wouldn't matter what tires on it at that level.

Here's one with very minimal mods going 11.8

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Are we still comparing quarter mile performance of the FoRS to the Mitsubishi's of old?

Mitsubishi has been doing what the FoRS has "accomplished" on a drag strip since 1990; yes, 27 years ago.

Keep the discussion to cornering and track performance, where the FoRS can at least compete.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
131673d1486524076-focus-rs-photos-videos-thread-rs_quote.jpg

:D

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I was thinking about the IX RS weight, not sure how much the weight difference is between the 8s. Also, the drag radials didn't do anything for that car, wouldn't matter what tires on it at that level.

Here's one with very minimal mods going 11.8
pump gas vs. E85. Focus RS is gonna go even faster than that 11.7 on E85. I guess we'll just have to wait and see the full potential.

Users who are viewing this thread