Bolt on Focus RS 1/4 Mile Pass

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Tried to find some Evos that were close in mods to the RS...a few of the results...

2006 Evo xi - Intake, exhaust, tune, intercooler piping

Evo X - Custom intake like SRI, Snapse BOV, Test pipe, 3" straight pipe, and tune.

2003 evo 8 - stock 9.8 turbo, 3" tbe, ams intercooler, hks intake, helix LICP, unknown s1 cams, tuned on e85 by Pure Drive Performance

So they run 12's with similar mods. Thanks.

Proof is all over the internet. I ran 13.1@104 in my evo IX bone stock back when I bought it new, then 11.3@120 with bolt ons, cams, and e85
Show me proof of an evo with similar mods running an 11.7

SVTPete83

Established Member
not worth the money IMO

I can tell you they are absolutely worth the money. One of the best performance cars I have bought for the price. I have a few performance cars too. 2011 raptor, 2014 SHO, 96 blown cobra,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
You think people are buying RS's to drag and roll race? No.. I'll bet 90% of them that actually get used will be on windy roads and auto X. And those people couldn't care less that some people thought it would beat a gt and were wrong. I'm even preferring a focus ST over the viper and cobra these days.

I'm saying 90% of the people that buy these cars will daily drive them. While doing so I'm sure they will race them on the street/highway too.

I didn't say people are buying these as their new drag cars. What I meant is, most buy these to daily drive and I'm sure will do some roll racing when running into other performance cars on the road. And if they start modding them, then they will most likely take them to the 1/4 mile to see what they can do.

Exactly!

I have a few performance cars too. 2011 raptor, 2014 SHO, 96 blown cobra,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You named one performance car lol

Troponin

Established Member
You think people are buying RS's to drag and roll race? No.. I'll bet 90% of them that actually get used will be on windy roads and auto X. And those people couldn't care less that some people thought it would beat a gt and were wrong. I'm even preferring a focus ST over the viper and cobra these days.

I strongly disagree with autoX. Very, very few people autoX when you look at the percentage over all of those that buy performance cars. The "windy roads" comment is moot. We all drive spirited on windy roads from time to time. With the current state of performance cars, the RS is still not doing anything stellar in the turns either. In fact, cars that are stellar on tracks like the Nurburgring generally make horrible daily drivers.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
As mentioned before, the RS is doing what the Evo and STi were doing back in 04'

Not to mention that both the Evo and STi also do it in style. The Focus looks God awful.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Just checked and the RS is slower than the 2004 STi on the Nurburgring

And 6.6 seconds faster around VIR than a 2015 STi.

Lets not compare different drivers on different days on (at this point) different tracks.

There are tests everywhere from almost every publication comparing the two. To my knowledge, the only car in its 'class' that has beat it around a race track is the $20k more AMG, by like .2. I say 'class' because it's not really in the same class as the RS, STi, or Golf R. It's an expensive step up.

The RS did exactly what was needed in the class, it pushed it further. It's the most fun car to drive, it throws down great lap times, the ride is more compliant than the STi or Evo and so is the interior. The only direct competitor that's nicer is the Golf R but that's no where near as fun.

And FWIW, the RS's are doing incredibly well at autox across the nation.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Another thing you have to look at is track layout. Sometimes they omit certain aspects of the track depending on what it is setup for.

And 6.6 seconds faster around VIR than a 2015 STi.

Lets not compare different drivers on different days on (at this point) different tracks.

There are tests everywhere from almost every publication comparing the two. To my knowledge, the only car in its 'class' that has beat it around a race track is the $20k more AMG, by like .2. I say 'class' because it's not really in the same class as the RS, STi, or Golf R. It's an expensive step up.

The RS did exactly what was needed in the class, it pushed it further. It's the most fun car to drive, it throws down great lap times, the ride is more compliant than the STi or Evo and so is the interior. The only direct competitor that's nicer is the Golf R but that's no where near as fun.

And FWIW, the RS's are doing incredibly well at autox across the nation.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Another thing you have to look at is track layout. Sometimes they omit certain aspects of the track depending on what it is setup for.
I was saying that because I think it's silly to compare different drivers on different days. The RS is not 6.6 seconds faster around that track than the STi.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Gotcha. I am having a massive comprehension fail day today.. LOL

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't believe him. Specially with the new tire technology. I want to see his source.

I could say the the 15 mustang gt is 5 seconds faster than the c7z and 991 gt3 at sears point. Which is true. 52:57:58 respectively.

blk02edge

Established Member
exactly, plus ring times are a total waste of breathe anyway

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ring times are totally useless... until the car you happen to favor, puts down an impressive time... lol

MFE

Established Member
I really thought these cars would be faster. Some owners seem to be disappointed with the numbers they are getting. I realize straight line speed is not everything and I think they a cool cars just not as fast as i thought they would be.

I've driven one on both the road and the track, and shared track with one while driving my car, and honestly, I don't understand what all the hype was about.

Troponin

Established Member
Sorry, I was under the impression we were talking about AutoX and racing. If we aren't going to discuss track times, then let's not bring it up in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread