BMW M6 vs GT500

caz713

Established Member
03Cobra05GT said:
He included the M3, which is to me a good race for a stock to lightly modded 05GT.

not trying to stray this thread too far off course and i'm not trying to start an argument, but what kind of times/trap speeds are 05-06 GTs putting down stock and slightly modded?

i haven't had a chance to run one yet, but i did drive my buddies 05 GT with CAI, exhaust, tune, and 4:10 gears... it felt alright down low (1st and 2nd) but it felt like it completely fell on it's face in third gear (where my car continues to pull strong)... could this be because of the 4:10s?

i ran a 13.3 @ 104 w/ a 2.1 60' with my car and I am very close to stock (my exhaust adds little to no power)... it may be a "good race" but based on this experience alone (which admittedly isn't much) I think the e46 M3 should pull on an 05-06 GT (stock or lightly modded) without too much trouble

Last edited:

Nick85

Banned
C6 Z06 said:
Somebody doesn't know BMW very well. If you meet an M5/M3/M6 on the track or street you will then know how fast they are. :thumbsup:

Somebody doesn't know Shelby very well. If you meet a GT350/GT500/GT500KR on the track or street you will then know how fast they are :D

Nick85

Banned
caz713 said:
not trying to stray this thread too far off course and i'm not trying to start an argument, but what kind of times/trap speeds are 05-06 GTs putting down stock and slightly modded?

i haven't had a chance to run one yet, but i did drive my buddies 05 GT with CAI, exhaust, tune, and 4:10 gears... it felt alright down low (1st and 2nd) but it felt like it completely fell on it's face in third gear (where my car continues to pull strong)... could this be because of the 4:10s?

i ran a 13.3 @ 104 w/ a 2.1 60' with my car and I am very close to stock (my exhaust adds little to no power)... it may be a "good race" but based on this experience alone (which admittedly isn't much) I think the e46 M3 should pull on an 05-06 GT (stock or lightly modded) without too much trouble

Most people run mid 13's stock. A member on here (Nino) ran a 12.87 with similar mods to mine...

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
caz713 said:

When I had only a cai, tune, axleback, and 4.10s I went 12.9 @ 107 w/a 1.924 60ft.

caz713

Established Member
03Cobra05GT said:
When I had only a cai, tune, axleback, and 4.10s I went 12.9 @ 107 w/a 1.924 60ft.

not bad at all!!!

maybe the tune on my friends car is off or something

bluestreak89

Established Member
joegt38 said:
Yes thos mags suck and as far as living by MM&FF atleast the drive the car like its suppost to be drivin.... No one said the M6 is a slouch its a ****ing beast, but go ahead and compare and tell me what you think the GT500 will be pushing alittle over 500crank HP and is heavy but still alittle lighter then the M6, I also believe the GT500 has more torq. They may be a good run no doubt, but I am only going by what I read about he new M5 and M6 the times were almost dead on the 5 ran 12.4 @ 118 and the 6 ran 12.3 @ 118, 121 is 3mph difference with would need good HP to cover it. They didn't have a 60' for the 5 or 6 when they teasted them but come on if the GT with that kinda power is runnin what the 03/04s are running then SVT/Shelby and Ford need to go back to the drawing board since the upped the motor and blower and power. If the GT car run a 12.2 @ 117 with a shitty 2.1 wait till you see it with a 1.9 or 1.8.....

Trust me Im not hating on the Ms any of them 3,5 or 6, I love them all but come on give respect where its due....
What have you been looking at the M6 is 3900 lbs too. I have been giving respect where it's due but some clowns come in and say hey MM&FF ran the shelby at 12.2 and C&D ran the M6 at 12.4 so the Shelby must be faster. but the same people say Hey C&d MT and R&T suck at driving because they drove the shelby to a 12.9. That is stupidity if I have ever seen it. Evan smith isnt publicising any tests of the M6 and if he did it would run faster than the GT500 even based on some folks crooked logic. Im not talking about the car Im talking about the clowns who who different mags to support what they want when they want, it's b.s.

And here you go using one mag as well. Well what about the mags that tested the GT500 at 112, 115 and 111? I guess its not possible then for it to run 117 because not enough HP. Come on man use some sense.

bluestreak89

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
You prat, you can't just modify one of the cars numbers for you own pleasure and then claim it's faster.

If you say the GT500 is faster than C&D where able to achieve then it's just as likely that the M6 is also faster than what C&D where able to achieve. :nonono: :nonono:

Add the same modifier to both cars and see what result you get?

Play fair or don't play at all :nono:

exactly what Im saying, they used the fastest time for a GT500 tested by a pro driver against a mag driver test from a mag who tested their beloved shelby at 12.9 or whatever it was. Like I said someone bring ya ass to Atlanta.

joegt38

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
What have you been looking at the M6 is 3900 lbs too. I have been giving respect where it's due but some clowns come in and say hey MM&FF ran the shelby at 12.2 and C&D ran the M6 at 12.4 so the Shelby must be faster. but the same people say Hey C&d MT and R&T suck at driving because they drove the shelby to a 12.9. That is stupidity if I have ever seen it. Evan smith isnt publicising any tests of the M6 and if he did it would run faster than the GT500 even based on some folks crooked logic. Im not talking about the car Im talking about the clowns who who different mags to support what they want when they want, it's b.s.

And here you go using one mag as well. Well what about the mags that tested the GT500 at 112, 115 and 111? I guess its not possible then for it to run 117 because not enough HP. Come on man use some sense.
I am making sense, you mean to tell me you personally think the M6 is faster right? Thats your damn opinion..... The GT500 from a dig has more then it takes to take an M6, that my f@ck!n opinion. Yes most car mags like RT, C&D, MT SUCK!!!!!
You can't say MM&FF only run the Fords fast cause thet would be wrong, they ran an M3 to a 12.8 and an SS to a 12.8 or 7... My point is if someone runs the GT500 to a 12.2 @117 with a sh!t @ss 2.1 that car is going to fly. You can act brand loyal all you want, Im not I don't even own a Ford anymore I got 2 Chebbys.... This GT500 is going to be a bad ride as soon as they start hittin the drag strip, BTW thats what Im talking about when I compare it to the M5 or 6, were not running the autobahn.....

joegt38

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
BTW I heard of the M6 trapping 118, I never said it couldn't someone said it was trapping 121, that seems high to me.

joegt38

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
exactly what Im saying, they used the fastest time for a GT500 tested by a pro driver against a mag driver test from a mag who tested their beloved shelby at 12.9 or whatever it was. Like I said someone bring ya ass to Atlanta.
Ok you really don't know how to read do you???
You say pro driver, yes Even Smith is very good BUT HE PULLED A F@CK!N 2.1 60' and still ran 12.2 @ 117, think about that "King Racer", what if he woulda got a 1.9....
BTW he also pulled 12.4 or 5 with the TC ON @ 115.....

Last edited:

JC300zx

Established Member
Great driver does not necessarily means he will pull a great 60' time. Track prep, tires and temperature will be a HUGE part of it. A great driver on a Sh*tty track will pull a bad 60' regardless. Being a great driver will mean he can shift faster than that of a average person which is a considerable advantage (Hence the great trap speed). But in my opinion the new M5 and M6 will handily beat the GT500 when driven by the same driver. Granted the car is not meant to be a drag racer but seeing the videos of the M6/M5 against the current E55 AMG it puts a beating on that car. I believe a e55 versus GT500 is a better race. This is stock for stock. Basically the cars are close to the same weight and power but the advantage goes to the M6 gearing, aerodynamics, rev range and tranny. The SMG will shift faster than *MOST* drivers, will be more consistant and it has launch control.

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
M6 wins BIGTIME when it comes to style and comfort...ive rode in a reg 6 series.. when it comes to performance the shelby might be able to hang in the straightline for a little bit...but thats only one aspect of performance..and that 12.2sec 1/4 that the shebly got is from MM&FF?? hmmm, well lets get some pro drivers out on the track with the M6 and just hammer out 1/4 times all day and see what they get :lol1: ..btw, i think the M6 would own a shelby on a track and top speed :nonono:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
caz713 said:
not bad at all!!!

maybe the tune on my friends car is off or something

It could be. I know in another section in SVTP guys were talking about the hp numbers on 05GTs and what their gains were with certain mods, and a few of them stated only gaining like 10hp from a cai and tune, which is a definitly problem considering that with a cai and a good tune the 05s see easily 20+hp.

I definitly could have been the tune.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:

And like I said already, I never said that I was using C&D times for the M6. All I simply stated was that C&D #'s always seem to be off no matter what vehicle the test. READ.

bluestreak89

Established Member
03Cobra05GT said:
Umm...SO?? Once again I state...MM&FF ran 1/4 in 12.2 in the GT500, faster then the M6.

I've raced PLENTY of M3s in my 05 GT. Don't get me wrong, they are fast, but they are nothing special if you ask me. They aren't hard to beat.

If C&D number are off then why are you using them to say that the GT500 is faster? You ARE an idiot. Read your own posts dummy. :read:

Not to mention that Fors went and tweaked the car after it got there and MM&FF said it felt noticeably faster. You dont even know if the car that's on the streets is the one that ran 12.2 or not. I have said this over and over but WHY THE HELL would Ford send slow cars to the mags knowing it would cost them sales? It seems more likely that people will get the shelby's that ran 12.6,12.7 and 12.9 than the one that out of the blue runs 12.2 and since Evan Smith is not that great of a driver then he shouldnt be almost a half second faster than all the other mags in the same car no should he. That would mean the magazine drivers just got learners permits or just learned to drive a stick. but wait these same mags went 12.4 in a M6 and 11's in a Z06 so WTF is going on here? you have to ask yourself some of those questions. there is a reason lots of people are turning to the C6 as an alternative especailly since it rans faster than the GT500 when tested on the same day in the same conditions. BWHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
No douchbag, I was referring to the fact that the fastest I've heard an M6 run was 12.4. I've heard traps of 115-118. Excuse me for not specifying that for the ***in idiots like yourself.

R&T

Point is, I made it clear in my 1ST POST that C&D numbers always seem bogus (wack).

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:

Antagon

Established Member
Just put it this way. On the street, the M5/M6 will stomp the GT500 for the same reason the E55/CLS55 etc do so well. Theres enough electronics in those cars to make sure no matter how crappy of a driver you are, all you do is stomp the pedal and you're set.

ravage

The Prick's on the Inside
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
You guys are delirious, F*in deal with it, there are faster and better cars.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Sure it's one thing to be loyal to a company... But c'mon

Users who are viewing this thread