BMW M4 COMPETITION AWD

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Looks are very polarizing (some love it, some dont). Regardless its a heck of a car. I was close to a G80, having 3 M3's before, but wound up with an M2CS instead. I personally could not get the Comp AWD, as I would want 3 pedals. The carbon bucket seats are incredible, both in looks, comfort, and function (holding and supporting your body while driving), however some complain they are hard to get in and out of. Also note if the one you are looking at has CCB's or not. CCB's are great for low dust, but "different" for daily driving. They have aggressive initial bite, and can make some different noises, vs iron (we have an M8 with them), this is not a bad thing, just something to be aware of.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Looks are very polarizing (some love it, some dont). Regardless its a heck of a car. I was close to a G80, having 3 M3's before, but wound up with an M2CS instead. I personally could not get the Comp AWD, as I would want 3 pedals. The carbon bucket seats are incredible, both in looks, comfort, and function (holding and supporting your body while driving), however some complain they are hard to get in and out of. Also note if the one you are looking at has CCB's or not. CCB's are great for low dust, but "different" for daily driving. They have aggressive initial bite, and can make some different noises, vs iron (we have an M8 with them), this is not a bad thing, just something to be aware of.

Been looking for something to replace my Hellcat with. Been times this winter when a 3rd year-round vehicle would have been nice to have, and I still want some zoom zoom!

EDIT: The front grill is funky.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Wonderful car. Dealer maintenance can be pricey. Those beaver teeth are horrible. I'd go with a pre-beaver teeth 2019, which can be found with a manual.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
The new front end is the best part of the car. Why would anyone want some old looking small little grill it looks gay! The new one is a 1000x better fact.......

Any Pre 2019 isnt gonna be AWD which is why ppl buy the new M4 cause it hooks like velcro!

bullitt2735

Established Member
Been looking at getting a x3m for the winter beater. The s58 with x drive whether it’s in the m3/m4/x3/x4 seem to be very mod friendly and impressive numbers for just some bolt ons. E85 and a good tune on Stock turbos are good for mid-low 700rwhp. Stock short block max seems to be more than 850rwhp. (Also have to start looking at drivetrain at that point; pure drivetrains seem to be the only people who build hellcat/zf trans) Any more I’d start looking at building the bottom end plenty of guys on the stock bottom end with hybrid turbos in the 850-1000rwhp range but I’d be worried after 850rwhp personally. Guy I know did pistons,rods and head studs, nothing fancy and so far has held up to 10k+ miles of abuse at near 1100rwhp, any more than that I’d delivery get it sleeved.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

The one I am looking at has:
  • M COMPOUND BRAKES W/RED CALIPERS
????

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
You mention 3rd? Hopefully one is a truck, or something higher? I say this as a long time ago, I got a B4 Audi S4 (manual AWD) thinking it was going to be my winter car. Nope, fail, not enough ground clearance for snow.
Been looking for something to replace my Hellcat with. Been times this winter when a 3rd year-round vehicle would have been nice to have, and I still want some zoom zoom!

Our son has an individual paint X3M, in British Racing Green, its a GREAT suv
Been looking at getting a x3m for the winter beater.

Nope, those are iron, not CCB. If CCB caliper will be gold.
The one I am looking at has:
  • M COMPOUND BRAKES W/RED CALIPERS
????

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You mention 3rd? Hopefully one is a truck, or something higher? I say this as a long time ago, I got a B4 Audi S4 (manual AWD) thinking it was going to be my winter car. Nope, fail, not enough ground clearance for snow.

Our son has an individual paint X3M, in British Racing Green, its a GREAT suv

Nope, those are iron, not CCB. If CCB caliper will be gold.
Yeah, I have a F150 crew.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Looking at this one.

47fc1a92f232aa78217876cf48139aa8.jpg

09c998e564439475446a2e1400feda55.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Make sure you sit in those seats and go for a drive. If you are on the thicker side, the side leg bolsters will not be comfortable.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Isle of Mann green, cool color in person. Those seats are the "sofa seats" (not the carbon buckets), which most people go with, because of ease of egress and cost (carbon buckets are a $4500 option)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking at this one.

47fc1a92f232aa78217876cf48139aa8.jpg

09c998e564439475446a2e1400feda55.jpg
Maybe darker colors (I love the Isle of Mann Green) help hide the enlarged front grills. White, for example, would enhance the largeness. So I actually like the front end on this one. If you do buy it, be sure to post up your driving impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread