BMR Watts Link - Teaser

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Do you guys see this working with a car that has air suspension? I'm not sure how the clearances are up in there when I air down but I can get pretty damn low. Wondering if that might possibly be an issue?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
It is taking FOREVER to get this part released (thanks a lot S550 Mustangs....)

But it is coming....

20150128_174010.jpg

20150128_173827.jpg

20150128_173744.jpg

20150128_173715.jpg

Uggghhh.....

Now I know what I'm getting next year on Black Friday :pepper:

mackdog2008

Established Member
Do you guys see this working with a car that has air suspension? I'm not sure how the clearances are up in there when I air down but I can get pretty damn low. Wondering if that might possibly be an issue?

wonder the same thing

I have the whiteline watts and it works fine with my air suspension, from all the pictures of this watts it will be a better option for fitment than the whiteline, it looks to have more clearance than whiteline and definitely way more adjustment.

As soon as it's released I will have one on my car and know for sure if it works with my air suspension but I am not worried about it.

Can't wait to get one of these Kelly!

Tyler72

Established Member
How low does it hang in relation to say the charcoal canister? It looks pretty close to the ground. Not like I really need a lot of clearance, but obviously Dont want it too low.

Also, in the pictures, there's no rear sway bar installed. Does it not work with the traditional style rear bar? I have the eibach adjustable rear. Do you think it will clear?

lsxjunkie

Established Member
That price is awesome! A few questions.

1. I drive 20k miles a year. Summer, winter, crappy NYC roads, salt, snow, my car sees it all. What kind of maintenance on this unit do I need to be doing on this for that kind of mileage?

2. How do you align the axle clamps with the axle, both rotation on the axle tube and distance from the diff?

3. Any clearance issues with the Boss/TrackPack finned diff cover?

BMR Tech

Hey guys, I am not 100% certain on clearance with various components at this time.

We used the OEM components, as well as BMR, and also a Magnaflow 3" CB when we designed it. We can only hope that other companies try and clearance their pieces based on OEM, as we try to do.

As for the alignment, with the rear suspension loaded...you will install the axle brackets/clamps....set them to 0 degrees...install the links and ensure they are as close in length as possible, while centering the rear axle. It's pretty straightforward. The install instructions will be thorough - and I will post those once they are completed and hosted to our server.

RusWolf

Established Member
After this unit get's released hopefully we will have some people write reviews and i'm hoping for handling daily driving improvements will be documented.

Really interested in this unit especially at listed price.

SoSlowGT

Established Member
Pre-order? When can we expect production units to ship and what about rear sway bar compatibility?

Tyler72

Established Member
How low does it hang in relation to say the charcoal canister? It looks pretty close to the ground. Not like I really need a lot of clearance, but obviously Dont want it too low.

Also, in the pictures, there's no rear sway bar installed. Does it not work with the traditional style rear bar? I have the eibach adjustable rear. Do you think it will clear?

Well damn... My microphone must not be working... Hello? Is this thing on? Test 1, 2. Test test... Test 1, 2. Lol!

So it works with a stock rear bar. That's good, probably will work with the eibach rear sway too.

chao5.0

Established Member
can you get better pics of how much lower the pivot brace is than the rear diff as well as how close the pivot point is to the rear cover?

BMR Tech

This is a chassis kit, so keep in mind that the position is hard mounted to the chassis.

Rear Fender Height - 28.50" (slight drop)
Bottom of Diff, to lowest spot of Watts Mount - 2.1875"
Tire well, to lowest point of Watts - 6.50" (this is the same on any car, so you can use this to figure out your particular application and the height it will be)

Here are some pics to better show height.

20150205_110809.jpg

20150205_110628.jpg

20150205_110433.jpg

The 6.50" measurement, is based on the red circled location in the pic below:

WattsBMRHeight_zps07cf288d.jpg

By the pic above, I assume it is going to sit similar height to the sway bar pictured.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread