BMR Watts Link - Teaser

chao5.0

Established Member
doesn't seem as low as I thought, probably won't be an issue because its still within the tire circumference and the tire will probably keep it off anything (unless you like running things over in the center of the car). now it just a matter of if the pivot point will clear aluminum diff covers like that from Ford Racing with differential bearing caps.

BMR Tech

Oh man.

It is going to take us YEARS to make money on this thing, after we release it.

I know no one wants to hear this, but, we have to redesign it. Or, I should say, revise.

There are some issues we have run into, when testing. Honestly, we could start shipping these out as is, in a week or two....but we just cannot do it. I want to make sure this part is right.

Sorry guys. I will share pics of the new design as soon as I can.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Oh man.

It is going to take us YEARS to make money on this thing, after we release it.

I know no one wants to hear this, but, we have to redesign it. Or, I should say, revise.

There are some issues we have run into, when testing. Honestly, we could start shipping these out as is, in a week or two....but we just cannot do it. I want to make sure this part is right.

Sorry guys. I will share pics of the new design as soon as I can.

This thread is named appropriately, Kelly you tease us!

Sucks that you have to redesign it though...

BMR Tech

Big update.

So, here is where we are. All of the red parts that you see, are in production. We actually have about 25 kits built up right now.

The bare steel part is the latest prototype. After some initial rigidity testing, I am 99.99% positive that this is the chassis mount we are going to settle with.

The previous version was in the 6" ish range down from the wheel well. This version is only 3.875"....

It took a lot of work to get this part where it is, although it may not appear that way.

*I have not been able to test with a convertible. No idea yet, but I will likely give someone with a Vert a great deal to test it for us ;)

Here are some pics, that should explain any questions you guys may have:

20150320_130030.jpg

20150320_130057.jpg

20150320_130121.jpg

20150320_130146.jpg

20150320_130312.jpg

20150320_130348.jpg

20150320_130459.jpg

20150320_130546.jpg

So basically, we were able to shed a little weight and gain A LOT of clearance - while retaining all of our original RC positions.

And just to share, since I have been asked a bunch - the top RC position is at the centerline of the rear axle with a 1.5" drop. The car in the pictures above, is lowered 1.50".

We are very close to go time. Once we wreck the car into some ditches, drop the car from 18", and modify the current fixture, these should be ready to ship. FINALLY.

- - - Updated - - -

Big update.

So, here is where we are. All of the red parts that you see, are in production. We actually have about 25 kits built up right now.

The bare steel part is the latest prototype. After some initial rigidity testing, I am 99.99% positive that this is the chassis mount we are going to settle with.

The previous version was in the 6" ish range down from the wheel well. This version is only 3.875"....

It took a lot of work to get this part where it is, although it may not appear that way.

*I have not been able to test with a convertible. No idea yet, but I will likely give someone with a Vert a great deal to test it for us ;)

Here are some pics, that should explain any questions you guys may have:

20150320_130030.jpg

20150320_130057.jpg

20150320_130121.jpg

20150320_130146.jpg

20150320_130312.jpg

20150320_130348.jpg

20150320_130459.jpg

20150320_130546.jpg

So basically, we were able to shed a little weight and gain A LOT of clearance - while retaining all of our original RC positions.

And just to share, since I have been asked a bunch - the top RC position is at the centerline of the rear axle with a 1.5" drop. The car in the pictures above, is lowered 1.50".

We are very close to go time. Once we wreck the car into some ditches, drop the car from 18", and modify the current fixture, these should be ready to ship. FINALLY.

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
Mad respect for what you're doing, Kelly. It's crazy that you kept the low RC with that change too.
I work at tool company and develop automotive tools and we'd never put out design, QC and production process info and pics out there like this.

SHUFFLE STEER

Established Member
Kelley,
Great job of getting the unit hidden under the car!! To me, it's an extremely significant sales point for your frame based system!!!

Any consideration regarding using Spohn Polyspherical joints or making the frame mount from rigid hy grade aircraft aluminum? Corvettes have used aluminum rear cross members since the 80's, and utilized as part of the frame structure rather than just rear suspension operations.

What is the total current weight of the proto. minus the weight of the factory panhard components that are replaced? Is the panhard brace as well as the panhard bar elimiinated?

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Question: Will there be clearance issues with speed bumps and whatnot in the circled areas? I'm lowered and my midpipe already scrapes going in and out of the garage at work :( Definitely interested in this item, but can't have any more clearance problems
W9RKhNW.png

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
Question: Will there be clearance issues with speed bumps and whatnot in the circled areas? I'm lowered and my midpipe already scrapes going in and out of the garage at work :( Definitely interested in this item, but can't have any more clearance problems
W9RKhNW.png

Those look like BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets, not even part of the Watts

TEG-84

Established Member
The circled parts are relo brackets for the LCAs. I'm lowered a lot and have yet to drag them.

mackdog2008

Established Member
W9RKhNW.png
Yeah that's not a problem, that's not even the watts, that is the relocation brackets and lca, all of that moves with the axe.

Users who are viewing this thread