Blown Motor or Something Less Unfortunate?

kawibrian

I'm a Snaaaaake
Established Member
I DO want to know though, did the dealer fill up the tank before delivery?
What octane did they put in the tank?
That sales manager that drove the car a while before they sold it to you, what octane gas did HE put in the tank?

Car dealerships usually deal with one local gas station, they have an account there, and they usually only allow 87 octane to be paid for, using that account

To be honest I have no idea and that's what worries me...if I can prove they put 87 in it then there's no denying they are at fault...the one time I filled it up I used 93 like I do with everything (even my dads Camry)

kawibrian

I'm a Snaaaaake
Established Member
I DO want to know though, did the dealer fill up the tank before delivery?
What octane did they put in the tank?
That sales manager that drove the car a while before they sold it to you, what octane gas did HE put in the tank?

Car dealerships usually deal with one local gas station, they have an account there, and they usually only allow 87 octane to be paid for, using that account

To be honest I have no idea and that's what worries me...if I can prove they put 87 in it then there's no denying they are at fault...the one time I filled it up I used 93 like I do with everything (even my dads Camry)

kawibrian

I'm a Snaaaaake
Established Member
So you needed a vehicle to "get to work and school" and choose a Whippled GT500, in a state that has 4 months of winter?

Thinking your https://www.gofundme.com/getmerolling account may stay at Donut.

As long as the snow isn't more than about half an inch while I'm driving I was always fine with the GT/CS with regular street tires, only time I had issues was going in and out of my driveway but now I drive a plow in the winter for a buddy of mine so I always make sure my driveway is spotless

Last edited:

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
OP, I can somewhat relate because I had a similar situation with my 07 WRX that I bought from a used dodge stealership. Bought the car from the dealer with lower mileage. The car was modified with a full turbo back exhaust, front mount intercooler, CAI, and full STi transmission swap. The car was solid, I found receipts from well named shops that had done the transmission swap which was comforting. Even found out that the car was owned by an enthusiast which was piece of mind….However, there was a hairline crack in the bell housing of the transmission and the dealer ****ed up the easiest thing on the car, changing the oil.

All of this happened 2 weeks after I bought the car. I was young and stupid, but this was my first performance car. I had not beat on the car because I still didn’t know its limits. Long story short the dealer wanted to replace my transmission with a factory 5 speed. (or so they claim) It went to the Subaru dealer and $2300 later the bell housing was replaced, the car was cleaned up underneath, and the oil had been changed the proper way. The dodge dealer had agreed to pay the bill from the Subaru dealer when they were finished (guess who got stuck with the bill). I sued the dodge dealer for the costs and they didn’t even show up to the hearing. The judgment was awarded in my favor. The most difficult part is getting the money back.

At the end of the day, the judgment had been sold to an attorney for 2/3 of the cost for them to go after the money. So figure we got back $1500 of the $2300 +/- plus the giant waste of time and headache. My father told me I should have just went and bought a brand new stock WRX. I was stupid, didn’t listen, and 2.5 years later sold the WRX for a new WRX. Lesson learned, if I’m ever buying a performance car…I’m looking for as stock as possible. I lucked out and found my 07 GT500 for $30k, stock, with almost no miles on it and the only way you’re getting the car from me is prying it from my cold dead hands. It’s been a joy.

Don’t want to beat a dead horse, but the GOFUNDME account was a stupid call. One thing I learned from this site, members are ruthless, but with good reason. Don’t be a ****ing idiot and make yourself look like a clown because you will get a new asshole torn for it. You can try to backpedal and say it was a joke, but the damage has already been done.

Good luck. I think you’re going to need it from here on out.

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Wait....so everyone thought the gofundme was serious...? lol lighten up guys,

You took the time and effort to create a gofundme account and then create a post, hat in hand.

But it was all just a joke.

Got it.

Can I have my son's college funds back?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You took the time and effort to create a gofundme account and then create a post, hat in hand.

Got it.

crawfish.png

kawibrian

I'm a Snaaaaake
Established Member

Got it.

Takes all of 5 minutes to do but fine...here you go..

MetroCard-money.jpg

kawibrian

I'm a Snaaaaake
Established Member

If I was to do it seriously I would not put $10k as the goal amount lol that's crazy...not even the air we breathe is free so I don't expect fixing the car will be free (with the $$$ coming out of other peoples pockets), unless the dealership was going to cover it

finally03gt

Established Member
I've stayed silent, butttttt. First pic in post #136. OP linked the gofundme on his Instagram???? I didn't see anything joking there?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
If I was to do it seriously I would not put $10k as the goal amount lol that's crazy...not even the air we breathe is free so I don't expect fixing the car will be free (with the $$$ coming out of other peoples pockets), unless the dealership was going to cover it

9f278dc4cc53781d43879f38cf79631d.jpg

Doc Vegas

Established Member

Whoa, you are going to trash your Dad's Camry too? Running 93 is a car designed to burn 87 is just going to add carbon to the motor, raise the compression, and detonate.... Well, probably not that big of a deal, but running high octane in a motor designed for low octane is foolish. Will not help the car run better, but will make it run worse....

Users who are viewing this thread