Blown Motor or Something Less Unfortunate?

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
...might be a long-shot but I created a GoFundMe campaign with hopes to get all those in the car community to possibly lend a helping hand in this process since I am most likely stuck with the car and stuck covering all the repairs on my own dime.

I just informed my first son that he will no longer be able to attend college as I just transferred his college funds to your GoFundMe account.

If you have any more personal expenses that you feel you are "stuck covering", please make sure to let us know.:nonono:

Blackmax

Established Member
A lot of this story does not make sense , weird a guy that worked hard to save now asks for charity to fix a GT500? How about getting out some tools and fixing it yourself?

nxhappy

Established Member
people these days.....always asking for free hand outs....it's disgusting :bash:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
The more I think about this thread.................inb4smackdown.

kawibrian

I'm a Snaaaaake
Established Member
I just informed my first son that he will no longer be able to attend college as I just transferred his college funds to your GoFundMe account.

If you have any more personal expenses that you feel you are "stuck covering", please make sure to let us know.:nonono:

If you want to pay my tuition you are more than welcome to, would free up plenty of cash to fix my Shelby.

kawibrian

I'm a Snaaaaake
Established Member
A lot of this story does not make sense , weird a guy that worked hard to save now asks for charity to fix a GT500? How about getting out some tools and fixing it yourself?

Can't fix much without new parts...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

Thread backfire in 3, 2, 1

JimIII@jdm

Most of the campaigns on there are not life threatening but more of people caught between a rock and a hard place, not going into that discussion though. The issue is that I bought it in CT not NY. As far as beating on the car, yes I had all intentions of doing pulls and possibly taking it to the track after getting tuned...who would push a Whipple GT500 without knowing if it was tuned or not or tuned well. I found out after the fact that JDM had tuned it

We tuned the car 7 years ago, which held up to over 30K miles driving before you owned it. Todd the previous owner would take that car to Bristol, TN on a rally run with his buddies every year kind of like a cannon ball run. He also told me numerous times he had that car on the parkway over 160mph. I know your not insinuating the tune was at fault but people may read it that way. Bottom line the car should have been safe. Somewhere between the previous owner and you something changed or went wrong and caused your failure. The only way it would have damage like that is from detonation...bad gas is a possibility, you said all you did was put fuel in the car in the 3 days you had it. Are you sure it was 93 octane? Other than that either there was a parts failure or someone changed the tuning. The Gofund me thing I can't blame you on, I was considering starting one for a friend who is a fitness coach and does not have the funds to further his training for certification. He is not sick or dying, but ultimately he will be changing peoples lives making them healthier. Setting up an account to fix your Shelby is 1st world problems. I feel your pain but unfortunately it's a live and learn situation and your best bet is to hope you can get your money back via lawyer.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lol, my car got wrecked into at the track. Completely not my fault too. Some said tow it off the track and claim insurance. Some said file suit against the owner of the car that wrecked me. Some said drive it to TJ and claim it was stolen.

I ended up laughing at them and started doing what I knew was the right thing to do. I manned up, put my big boy pants on and began the process if damage assessment and ordering parts. It sucks that I'm abusing an account I had just paid off but that's why its there.

I knew the risks and I accept my responsibility in what happened. My decision, my dime. Sure I joked about starting a gofundme, but to actually do it?

Damn, that's ridiculous. If I were you, I'd get a repair manual, buy some tools, watch the shit out of youtube and yank your own engine out. These cars are ridiculously simple, and some time and elbow grease can go a long way

I know you bought the car used with the mods, but unless you specifically get an extended warranty, I would have made DAMN sure to get the car inspected at a Ford dealer. The scan tool can reveal a lot about how the car is running.

Hope the lawyer can get it sorted for you. But for real, the gofundme? Cmon man

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol, my car got wrecked into at the track. Completely not my fault too. Some said tow it off the track and claim insurance. Some said file suit againt the owner of the car that wrecked me. Some said drive it to tj snd claim it was stolen.

I ended up laughing at them and started doing what I knew was the right thing to do. I manned up, put my big boy pants on and began the process if damage assessment and ordering parts. It sucks thst I'm abusing an account I had just paid off but that's why its there.
You sir, are a man of integrity. I respect that.

tvspower

Established Member
OP...I have lost interest in your thread. Something smells. Maybe your lawyer can clean the smell out....if your not a troll. JDM, I am sure no none on this forum thinks you are responsible.

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
You sir, are a man of integrity. I respect that.

X2

Gofundme?? WTF. I'd have to have a gofundme to help pay for doctor bills after my father found out I created one for a reason such as this. He'd STILL break his foot off in my ass SMGDH

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
The gofundme thing is kind of ridiculous but I still feel bad for this kid. He seems young and I can understand how frustrating it would be to buy a car and have it crap out on you in 2 days. One if the dangers in buying a highly modified car. I purchased an 03 Cobra once that had a decent amount of mods and I made them give me their word that if anything went wrong due to the mods that they would fix it. Sure enough the clutch went a week later and they stood by their word. OP, you should've been more responsible when buying such a heavily modified vehicle and covered yourself. Perhaps some research before it broke would've helped, especially since after the fact you found out the car had the shit beat out of it. I would still continue to harass the dealership, keep calling them and have your lawyer send a letter. I would think in any state that a car has at least a 30 day warranty and to be able to pass inspection. Good luck but please don't beg for others to fix your broken engine because it's petty considering what others are going through in the world.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
What I don't get is how anyone could have bought this car and not noticed it smoking like a freight train when they took delivery. It would be pretty difficult for a dealer to conceal that sort of issue. Now, if it happened after the fact, who's ultimately responsible? No one in their right mind would warranty a car with big 3 liter blower sitting up top. Caveat emptor, Dude!

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wonder if the selling dealer returned the tune to stock in order to get it smogged and forgot to restore the mod tune before selling the car.
Is there a way to see which tune is on the car at this time?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I wonder if the selling dealer returned the tune to stock in order to get it smogged and forgot to restore the mod tune before selling the car.
Is there a way to see which tune is on the car at this time?

with the big injectors it would run so rich it would never pass smog.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wonder how a 19 year old can afford a lawyer. No lawyer would touch this without a substantial retainer.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Note this in the Used Car Warranty: - "This used car warranty does not apply to any mechanical defect of your vehicle which the dealer can prove resulted from an automobile accident after you took possession of the vehicle or from your misue of the vehicle."

Now if it wasn't smoking and missing when he drove it off the lot and now it is, what would be your defense as the dealer? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that courtroom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread