Blew up my motor

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You really needed to do that twice? I think I made it pretty clear that I don't care if they support the site or not, as that's not my position here. Yet you want to insult the Staff, and that usually doesn't end well. So... I'll await your intelligent response.

You have till 9:15 EST, or be gone.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Bye, have a nice weekend.

Qzk9gD6.gif

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Bullshit... I'm not a ****ing mod and I'm calling this thread straight jack shit.

OP LIED... And was offered multiple very reasonable solutions to fix the problem.

THEN... Decides.... **** it Ima run this set up and blows it the **** up knowing it's questionable?
And tops it off by having some one else look at a motor that has a warranty???

That's just beyond ****in stupid.

Don't forget the whole issue with it being noisy and someone digging in to replace a tensioner and such before it let go

D Millen

So here is my take on this....

1. OP orders engine.
2. OP gets engine delivered with wrong specs.
3. Dealer offers multiple solutions
4. OP says **** it... Gonna slap a blower on a motor with 11.5:1comp...
5. Races said motor...
6. Blows said motor...
7. Then has another shop dig into his motor...
8. Then gets pissed the manufacturer wants to review the parts before signing off on the warranty since someone else put hands on it....

This belongs in smack down as OP is clearly a ******.

I don't wanna believe this but this is true. I gave this guy every option to swap his 11.5:1 engine for a 10:1 engine. I put my entire career on this.

the company offered to have the the dang engine shipped AIR FREIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cryying:

Customer said he needed the engine back in 1.5 weeks. I arranged southwest air cargo same day shipping. (giving us about 1 week to get the engine back to him with ease, something we could easily do) Don said "let me think about it".

He then called me back and said thats not gonna work I need it back in 3 days. Something he knew was unreasonable.

Its really unfortunate. The customer is one of the most unreasonable people I have ever dealt with. All we can do as a company is offer solutions. He wanted someone to blame when he ordered the engine and looked at the invoice stating 11.5:1 and HE MISSED THE COMPRESSION RATIO. I knew if there was a problem with anything tuning, or breakage he would be blaming someone. Well that thought is true. The engine was detonated, the chain sprocket is broke, pistons are collapsed (causing the piston to rock an hit the head) and guess what? Livernois fault, not a chance. I have raced many years an when stuff broke on my car I didn't look to blame someone for my mistakes I put my big boy pants on took responsibility.

Can someone please explain to me or Livernois why we should be responsible for burnt up/collasped pistons an a broken chain sprocket? This was a car that made several miles across the country 1300 stated by the customer and a trip to the race track. Last time I checked we don't offer a burnt up piston warranty program.

Dan Millen

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
if race cars were good for 200,000 miles and came with a 60,000 warranty i think Nissan,toyota ,ford would sell them.when u push the limits stuff happens.bigger risk make for bigger consequences!

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I did not create a thread, I provided my experience.. Every time there's a thread like this that threatens the integrity of a paying vendor, there's a mod ready to suck its dick..

The entrepreneurs, and those that represent them, are on this site not only to market a product; I believe that they truly want to help people that are just as passionate about performance as they are. The bulk of people on these threads have no clue what it is like to start a business from the ground up, or have to protect a bottom line and reputation on a daily basis. Damaging a business owner's reputation by spreading slander on the internet not only hurts the vendor, but also damages the industry as a whole.

I am working towards a master's degree in business, turn wrenches for special operations, and will have access to all sorts of VA business loans when I finally exit the military. I feel like I am going to have to literally make customers sign a legal waiver when I start my own shop. Bottom line up front, you know the risks when you modify your car. Does this mean companies should get away with ripping people off? No, but there should be some pretty solid and unbiased evidence if you are going to attempt to publicly castrate them like this.

Thank you moderators for protecting our vendors, and my future competition. Just my $.02

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
The entrepreneurs, and those that represent them, are on this site not only to market a product; I believe that they truly want to help people that are just as passionate about performance as they are. The bulk of people on these threads have no clue what it is like to start a business from the ground up, or have to protect a bottom line and reputation on a daily basis. Damaging a business owner's reputation by spreading slander on the internet not only hurts the vendor, but also damages the industry as a whole.

I am working towards a master's degree in business, turn wrenches for special operations, and will have access to all sorts of VA business loans when I finally exit the military. I feel like I am going to have to literally make customers sign a legal waiver when I start my own shop. Bottom line up front, you know the risks when you modify your car. Does this mean companies should get away with ripping people off? No, but there should be some pretty solid and unbiased evidence if you are going to attempt to publicly castrate them like this.

Thank you moderators for protecting our vendors, and my future competition. Just my $.02

I bolded the BS part of your response. History will show you that this attitude of "protecting vendors" usually does so at the expense of a customer who was legitimately screwed over. SVT has a history of this. That is why I like another site that holds the vendors accountable as well as customers. But since the vendors "pay to play" they get the protection and the rest of Us have to do our due diligence to ensure we don't get hosed... A look at the "The Powder House/Vendor BLACKGT500nCA" issues should give you a perspective on how "protecting" a vendor can go wrong...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If we were protecting them don't you think this thread would have went away vs leaving it here and letting both sides of the story come out?
You guys don't always know the whole story behind things.

scotmach

Established Member
I bolded the BS part of your response. History will show you that this attitude of "protecting vendors" usually does so at the expense of a customer who was legitimately screwed over. SVT has a history of this. That is why I like another site that holds the vendors accountable as well as customers. But since the vendors "pay to play" they get the protection and the rest of Us have to do our due diligence to ensure we don't get hosed... A look at the "The Powder House/Vendor BLACKGT500nCA" issues should give you a perspective on how "protecting" a vendor can go wrong...
I agree with this 100%.
If we were protecting them don't you think this thread would have went away vs leaving it here and letting both sides of the story come out?
You guys don't always know the whole story behind things.

I know the whole story. I know Don personally and have known about this from the beginning.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I agree with this 100%.

I know the whole story. I know Don personally and have known about this from the beginning.
I'm not referring to this situation as the only thing we only know what's been posted. There's been nothing posted elsewhere on this.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I agree with this 100%.

While we respect you know him, I believe this is the definition of not knowing the whole story.

Unfortunately, what has been presented on Don's half was no where near the full story. It's very unfortunate that his engine failed, but everything points to detonation as the cause.

Again, there is no way an engine builder can warranty a bad tune. It just isn't reasonable. help out? absolutely, but as we have been saying all along, it's impossible to accurately quote anything without having the engine here.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Yeah, and I know Stevie Wonder. Doesn't really matter what you type, and maybe you are. You guys can say what ever you want if you are really friends. This motor was cracked into by a outside source iirc. Not much different than me calling a handy man to fix a plumbing issue on my brand new house and he jacks it up instead of calling the builder to contact the contractor who did the original work.

Not going to SD, stop pushing.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Yeah, and I know Stevie Wonder. Doesn't really matter what you type, and maybe you are. You guys can say what ever you want if you are really friends. This motor was cracked into by a outside source iirc. Not much different than me calling a handy man to fix a plumbing issue on my brand new house and he jacks it up instead of calling the builder to contact the contractor who did the original work.

Not going to SD, stop pushing.

Opinion simply noted for the record.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

That is 100% bullshit.
The ONLY way we protect vendors is from flat out name calling or rants with claims of scamming and crap like that.
We have always said it isn't what you say but how you say it.

There has never been a post or thread removed that met the standard for handling vendor issues. NEVER.
Go on a rant about how they screwed you over and/or call them names and guess what, it gets removed. Just as it would if someone did it to you, a normal member.
The vendors are protected from SD threads and that is the only other "protection" they get. And even some have been thrown there when/if/after their vendor status is removed.

As far as your example of the powderhouse. The first 2 threads about them that surfaced were,
1. someone flat out calling them a "crook" and "Scammer" right out of the box.
2. a pissed off customer using a bad deal with them to post a thread about his new powder coating supplier that looked more like a "For sale" add.

If you wish to try again about the "History" of this site and staff then please refer to the site rules.
there is a good explination of them in my sig.
Focus on #10 and #21 for a history lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread