Blew up my motor

twistedneck

Established Member
Holbrook Racing Engines in Livonia Michigan builds some of the fastest Coyote engines in the world and proves it at the track. Very good reputation.

http://www.holbrookracingengines.com/

Just thought i'd add that to the list. I live 1.5miles from Livernois - they are a excellent shop but things happen sometimes.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
Yeah, and I know Stevie Wonder. Doesn't really matter what you type, and maybe you are. You guys can say what ever you want if you are really friends. This motor was cracked into by a outside source iirc. Not much different than me calling a handy man to fix a plumbing issue on my brand new house and he jacks it up instead of calling the builder to contact the contractor who did the original work.

Not going to SD, stop pushing.

:beer:

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We just wanted to take the time to update the community on this. We were able to discuss the engine situation with the parties involved that were contracted for the teardown and inspection work on the engine. We were able to confirm that the engine's failure was 100% due to detonation, and a severe amount of it at that. Upon full inspection of the engine they found no fault on assembly, and they were able to tell that it was built as we stated it was.

The pistons were confirmed at zero deck but due to the pistons being destroyed by lack of proper tuning it collapsed the skirts and allowed the pistons to hit the head. We delayed posting this information to allow the OP to clear this up himself as this info is over a week old, but it looks like that is not going to happen unfortunately.

Our hope was that the OP had wanted to get to the bottom of the failure, and get his car back to running status. This is something that we still were willing to help with even after confirmation that it was indeed severe detonation that caused the engine to fail. Unfortunately, it looks like the truth was not what the OP wanted, but rather the goal was to simply try to shift the blame on us, and slander us to try to have us pay for someone else's mistake.

We're not sure why the tuner is not mentioned for the blame. Nor any other potential source, heck it could have lost a fuel pump, or had something else cause it, but we definitely were not at fault on this.

We are always here for our customers, and even try to help when not at fault. This instance will not make us change that philosophy at all, but it does remind us that not everyone conducts themselves as honestly as we strive to be.

The most disappointing part is that most of the people have read negative comments on us, and either didn't read to the end, or if they read the thread before any of our side was shared, will never see the additional information in this post.

Livernois prides itself not to leave any customer out to dry especially if it something we did.

We expect an apology from the customer for the untruthful comments.

Beernuts

Established Member
Good update. When OP posted this is his second blown engine I figured right then and there its whoever he's using for tuning. So OP, post your garbage tuner and apologize.

ford20

Established Member
Interesting. Who was the tuner for this? Do you guys know because obviously OP is not coming back into this thread anymore.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Good to know. It's hard being a consumer to know who you can trust. You drop a lot of cash and something breaks, people get frustrated and point fingers.

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
As far as I've heard, VMP was tuning it when he was in Florida racing it, not sure if it's always had a VMP tune in it though

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
With detonation that bad, a mechanical issue could have easily been at fault, not necessarily the tune. Malcolm sells his box for a reason.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
With detonation that bad, a mechanical issue could have easily been at fault, not necessarily the tune. Malcolm sells his box for a reason.

could there have been an outside force such as a bad fuel pump? injector? bad fuel?

any of these could be a root cause, or an impacting factor, but it still doesn't justify or explain why we were openly slandered when we had nothing to do with the failure.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
could there have been an outside force such as a bad fuel pump? injector? bad fuel?

any of these could be a root cause, or an impacting factor, but it still doesn't justify or explain why we were openly slandered when we had nothing to do with the failure.

I don't disagree with you. My post merely pointed out that the tuner shouldn't be thrown under the bus either.

Users who are viewing this thread