Blank Bucktag

SquirrelRPJ

Established Member
I came across a blank silver metallic bucktag on my car, and someone e-mailed me asking about the tag.. he said that the tag is blank, and is made to match the paint on the car so the assembly knows what color the car is supposed to be painted.

Does anyone else know about this, or has anyone found one on their Terminator?

-Ryan

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
What does your buck tg have on it?

it's totally blank - it's just painted competition orange on both sides. it was attached by some bailing some wire up near the radiator area as i recall.

but even at dap, they had better ways to know which color to paint a car than some small tag attached to it lol.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
it's totally blank - it's just painted competition orange on both sides. it was attached by some bailing some wire up near the radiator area as i recall.

but even at dap, they had better ways to know which color to paint a car than some small tag attached to it lol.

I like the little jab at DAP in this post. Not like the place was 100 years old or something.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
When new, my car had a {tink}{tink}{tink} sound as I slowly drove down the road. When I found and removed that tag, the {think} went away.

Years ago, someone from Ford chimed in about the tag, but I'm old, and don't remember so good. CRS.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
I came across a blank silver metallic bucktag on my car, and someone e-mailed me asking about the tag.. he said that the tag is blank, and is made to match the paint on the car so the assembly knows what color the car is supposed to be painted.

Does anyone else know about this, or has anyone found one on their Terminator?

-Ryan

Where was this tag located on the car? Both of mine have a single buck tag stapled to the radiator core support just below the drivers side headlight socket. They're not blank and contain important information for the initial assembly of each car. The buck tag isn't 'all inclusive', though. It just provides general information in setting up the body for what the car is to eventually be.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Where there always is information on everything Terminator, and in this case, the paint and buck tags:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/build_sheets.htm

Paint%20tag.jpg

The actual buck tag behind the driver's side headlight:

Buck%20tag%20location.jpg

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Good info, always learn something new on this site...went out and looked at mine and I do see the buck tag attached...but can't find a paint tag

capercode

Established Member
jrgoffin,

Thanks much for the pic's! The paint tag is exactly where I found mine. The buck tag I'll have to look for. Valuable info, again, thanks!

capercode

Users who are viewing this thread