BilletFlow IRS Brace *New Lower Price*

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Think I will use some of my fantasy football winnings and order me one of PHAT braces :)....what an awesome product....you all never disappoint!!!!

SICKBOY

Established Member
for those that have already ordered...did you receive a confirmation from doug...I used paypal on Saturday and was wondering if he typically sends back a confirmation with shipping info? BILLETFLOW is the only choice for a brace as far as i'm concerned.

Last edited:

Hye

Established Member
SICKBOY said:
for those that have already ordered...did you receive a confirmation from doug...I used payapl on Saturday and was wondering if he typically sends back a confirmation with shipping info? BILLETFLOW is the only choice for a brace as far as i'm concerned.

confirmation via doug is when he told me it would take about 5 business working days...cant wait to put it on... :coolman:

dougwg

Established Member
SICKBOY said:
for those that have already ordered...did you receive a confirmation from doug...I used paypal on Saturday and was wondering if he typically sends back a confirmation with shipping info? BILLETFLOW is the only choice for a brace as far as i'm concerned.

it will ship tomorrow

NHRACobra said:
How much does that brace weigh?

About 4 LBS

dougwg

Established Member
check this out guys

http://www.racergarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3267

This was my responce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, lots of stuff to clarify
I'll start at the beginning of this thread.
sfladave said:
Furthermore, if something is not patented, it's fair game to copy it all day anyway. That is something I don't think Steeda does. After talking to the engineers a few times at Steeda, they don't sit around and copy other peoples products, I can say that at the very least.
Can you explain why they also copied my Snub Idler bracket?.... thought not!
I guess I'll start looking at Steala parts that I can copy seeing that it perfectly ok

89Notch said:
Steeda's looks like a shity copy of the billetflows piece.
Thank you very much!

Justin R said:
what a bunch of whiners
Steedas is much bigger..the triangle pieces extend out further and the brace extends along the top of the pumpkin unlike the other one
Yes, Stealas is bigger but that does not always mean better. Our IRS Diff Brace is just big enough. We have had a ZERO failure rate.
There was not need to make the Brace any larger (heavier).

5ohdroptop said:
Steeda's is definitely different and better, you can see it wraps around the top and also on the bottom the brace doesn't just stop it connects down to the bottom. Looks alot stronger.
See above. "Looks alot stronger" don't mean chit!

Sam Colt said:
the steeda piece is stronger and for the most part those monkeys don't know what they are talking about with the welding. the billetflow piece is powdercoated which hides their weldin which if you look close is absolutley horrendous what is that huge blob on the left of the drain hole? And aside from the strange black blob on steeda's which could be something else the welding technique is pretty good. A good weld is supposed to look like a row of dimes, and i don't see rows of dimes on the billetflow. The steeda piece has a lot more reinforcing material. the perpandicular piece that is tapered down to the pumpkin, is extended further out and extends out to the bottom of the pumpkin. the billetflow piece does not fully extended probably cause they don't know how to bend 3/8" steel.
If i had a cobra, i'd buy the steeda because of the added reinforcement. The first to the market it not always the best on the market. steeda definitely improved that piece.
Sorry, I mean no disrespect. But but there can be no mistake that you did! "Monkeys" I won't comment on that.
Powerdercoat can hide bad weld, yes you are right on that one. But you are wrong in assuming that the Brace shown in that pic is a production piece because it in fact is not. It is one of the first Prototypes that was made and I am sorry but I can't remember who welded that one. Although I do know that the present production units have very nice, strong welds.
As far as "more reinforcing material" yes the Steala does but it is not needed. Again, we have had a ZERO failure rate.
I can also assure everyone that we do know how to bend 3/8" thick steel.
Improvement? Sorry but I disagree.

WhiteCobra said:
The Billetflow one is aluminum.
This one is just wrong.
Here is a Quote from my web site:
Material:
1018 Steel
Process: Laser Cut and Welded
Coating: Powder coat (Safety Red & Black)

sfladave said:
wow, I am speechless as to why they would use aluminum in a reinforcement application. Lame.
Great, another person that believe everything he reads on the Internet instead of researching things for himself.

Doug Holloway
BilletFlow

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Last edited:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Doug, what is your paypal address. I'm in Iraq and can't call you. Just tell me where to send the money. Thanks

Fast Willy

Established Member
Now if only I had the $165 to order one I would do it in a sec, But I just got enough to order my pulley and idlers, so I'll be ordering those within the next few days.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
I just placed an order with them and their customer service was top notch. I have heard it many times but I was able to get on a dsn phone and placed a order from here in baghdad. Very cool people, Thanks Doug and crew!

dougwg

Established Member
No problem

You brace shipped today and will be waiting for you when you get home.

Stay Safe! and watch your back over there

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My brace came in today, and will be installed tomorrow or Friday. Thanx.

Jeff

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Ordered mine Tuesday but I don't think it will make it to Louisiana before Saturday's Test-N-Tune. Oh well, there's always next weekend. :D Thanks!

dougwg

Established Member
Hank said:
Ordered mine Tuesday but I don't think it will make it to Louisiana before Saturday's Test-N-Tune. Oh well, there's always next weekend. :D Thanks!

I think it might.

46stang

Established Member
I thinks its a shame to see these things happen! jerk offs! I can say that i have had my BF brace since the original group purchase and my diff has held up great and hasn't leaked a drop! I have over 50 passes of 6,000+ rpm launches and probably 15 or so of those have been at 7,000 rpm! No problems here! my bf brace is plenty strong enough for me :rockon: Plus the steeda one looks like AS$! imho.
leon

Users who are viewing this thread