BilletFlow IRS Brace *New Lower Price*

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
Dont ya just HATE!! :mj: that green grease? :fm: I put a bunch of it on Bowling Greens track last season. :poke: These weak ass halfshafts and diff cover is a bunch of :bs: Im glad we got folke like Doug picking up the slack where ford left off..

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I'd like to get one doug..How do I go about ordering it?

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
dougwg said:
Brazil..... Brasil

nobody is attacking you!

Again I must ask, What are you smoking?

He sent his back because it didn't come in Hot Pink color

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Is the stock cover breaking because of flex in the differential under load and thus banging into the thin factory aluminum cover? Or is the differential itself actually breaking and causing the cover to explode?

Anyone know how much Doug's brace weighs?

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
NMRAcer said:
Dont ya just HATE!! :mj: that green grease? :fm: I put a bunch of it on Bowling Greens track last season. :poke: These weak ass halfshafts and diff cover is a bunch of :bs: Im glad we got folke like Doug picking up the slack where ford left off..

They must have stopped using that green grease when they got to building my car, because when I had my axles out, I didn't see any of it anywhere.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Is this going to stay this price or a limited time price. btw doug I would'nt buy a cheap copy of your product even if I had to pay more for your's. This is'nt really an issue but is this price only for the red on http://www.mafterburner.com/irs_girdle.htm has black or red I would rather have black but red is still ok. Let me know doug as i'll call monday and order. Thanks. Anyone have the link for the steeda copy? Just want to see what it looks like...

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Is the stock cover breaking because of flex in the differential under load and thus banging into the thin factory aluminum cover? Or is the differential itself actually breaking and causing the cover to explode?

Anyone know how much Doug's brace weighs?

The cover breaks because the rear diff cover mounts to the IRS. There is a rubber bearing (inside the black thing) there but the amount of flex is too great. During hop when the wheels are loading and unloading this very thin casting is seeing overwhelming stress.

When you mount the brace those two huge bolts at the rear (uppermost in this orientation) take the load off the thin cover and disperse it throught the brace and around the differential.

IRS_Girdle01.jpg

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
postban said:
The cover breaks because the rear diff cover mounts to the IRS. There is a rubber bearing (inside the black thing) there but the amount of flex is too great. During hop when the wheels are loading and unloading this very thin casting is seeing overwhelming stress.

When you mount the brace those two huge bolts at the rear (uppermost in this orientation) take the load off the thin cover and disperse it throught the brace and around the differential.
Thanks Postban.

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
I just ordered a bunch of pulleys from Doug today. It was 7:15 on a friday night and Doug was very helpful and never seemed like he wanted to get me off the phone 'cause he had better things to do. That tells me he values his customers. When i get tto the point of needing a brace like this, I'll go straight to Doug because of my experience today. You can't go wrong with Billetflow in my opinion.
This is my #1 consideration when checking out an independent supplier, and I think you are right-on in your assessment of Doug. I got the same impression.

dougwg

Established Member
yeah BUT

I do need to stop talking on the ph with customers for so long....sometimes for over an hour, or more. It really cuts into my production time.

and it raises my fathers blood pressure cuz he feels that I need to "get back to work"

I'm 35, he'll be 64 this year. Yes, you could say he's a bit old school and sometimes he can't grasp the concept of retail sales and what all goes along with it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
dougwg said:
yeah BUT

I do need to stop talking on the ph with customers for so long....sometimes for over an hour, or more. It really cuts into my production time.

and it raises my fathers blood pressure cuz he feels that I need to "get back to work"

I'm 35, he'll be 64 this year. Yes, you could say he's a bit old school and sometimes he can't grasp the concept of retail sales and what all goes along with it.

Doug, I will be calling you in a short while to bitch at you. I know that you like that.

J/K.

:pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :pepper: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :pepper: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :pepper: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :pepper: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :pepper:

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
dougwg said:
yeah BUT

you guys remind me of the tuttles

20-COBRA-03

Banned
TTT, Does this have any effect on wheel hop? I am interested in ordering it. Any body that has one please help me out.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It probably will not solve wheel hop, but it willstop wheel hop from destroying your rear end. But the half shafts are still exposed to damage.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
JymBart said:
Doug,

I saw the REAR DIFF STUD GIRDLE COVER FOR IRS on this web site.

http://www.cobramods.com/startup.html

Can you tell me what the price is on this item?

JymBart

I saw that to and wondering the same thing but just a guess maybe that was an older model that probably cost more and maybe Doug changed it over to this new irs brace. Those do look nice but $$$$. Either way I’ll be calling tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread