BFG KDW 335/30r18 on 03 cobra, should fit?

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Venomm.... did the installer or shop tell u from the exp. these were unsafe or non-purpose functional in anyway? Did they make you sign a disclaimer u take all responsibilties to all damages or whatnot? LMK... I wanna know since ppl here are saying all the above due to the manufacture recommendations for this size... I am obsolute AWW with it and must step up to that size! I LUV IT!

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
one more thing, to the community.... NITTO makes this same size as 335/30/18... does anyone know or have any pics or views with the NITTO since they always seem to run a hair smaller then all other name brands in compared size(s)...Thanks to all and Venomm

Venomm

Established Member
nope nothin to sign, discount tire did it and i still got the lifetime warranty on both rims and tires of it the tire does down the road have an issue they replace it, i have a set of NITTOS in my garage never installed there about 1" smaller than the bfg i paid 650 for them if ya want them ill sell em :) BFG is the way to go though!!! i promise to get more pictures up EXTREMELY soon haha

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
wat size is ur NITTOs? I too have had and have now ONLY BFG... My KDW2s were already on the car and quite used... So, I replaced them with no the KDs and they are now up for replcing soon and SUK BAD! slip all 1st 3 gears... I HATE IT! Completely useless! power.... And u said those 335s stick??? Slippin the clutch or dumpn it a lil... Street or the track??? LMK... Thanks!

Venomm

Established Member
no clutch slip, 520hp stage 3 clutch spec solid traction... excellent in rain as this car has only seen rain once in its life and that was the night she was left out :( and i ended up drivin it to get gas... i shaved the irs bolt last night was not rubbing but something told me to shave 2mm off and polish it down smooth so there are no sharp edges... but it was not a MUST as it was not rubbing at all..

Venomm

Established Member
my nittos are 335 i also have a set of 305 mickey thompson new that are almost as wide as the 335 bfg half inch smaler

stangdriven

Established Member
did those bigger tires slow you down or can you even notice anything from it? im only curious cause i plan on doing the same thing...but with like alot more hp

Last edited:

stangdriven

Established Member
well i have a 96 stang, that im gona be turning into a v8 with built rear and all, but i found a pic on here off a stang bout my year with 335's on her and damn wide, but i dont know if it looked 2 wide.

stangdriven

Established Member
now i know a few things have to be adjusted or moved....but would i have to fabbed my trunk (wheel well part) for wider tires so they dont rub or would i be fine...??? i have been told i can fit them without fabbing.....

Venomm

Established Member
Yeah the AFS wheels have the same offset as the FR500... I have seen this setup on ALOT of cobras now with fr500 after this post started, so im glad others are actually giving this a shot!!! I have not seen it on a set of afs but im sure it looks just as good?! I think with having the FR500 lip on the wheel it looks badass with the wide tire...

JoeLee

***Degenerate***
Established Member
Venom, I believe that with the LIP it makes it a day and night difference, I sold my Racingharts 19x10.5 to go to this new look, I can not wait to get the tires mounted and I WILL post up when I do.
Thanks man.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Would it be safe to assume that I will have no problems running a 335 30 18 with the AFS'S?

I run 335 Michelins on my 18x10.5 AFS Reps in the rear

Sorry I don't have any pics with the AFS reps wrapped in 335s, I just got them mounted.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
I just put nitto 555r 335-30-18 on my car with authentic saleen 18x10 wheels. I also have the mm irs bolt. Tires only rub the irs bracket not the bolt, that's only when I have my car on jack stands. Suspension unloaded. With the suspension loaded car on the ground I have not rubbing issues. BTW not using any spacers.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
335/30/18 Nittos on 18X11 CCW's

DSC_0716.gif

Users who are viewing this thread