Beware of Excessive Motorsports or whatever the new shop name is

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Couple weeks ago I took my 01 mustang cobra procharged to IMA Motorsport and the tuner was CHRIS. Before he put my car on the Dyno I told him I want a safe tune. After couple pulls I was satisfied with the numbers and I told him AGAIN I want a SAFE TUNE than he went aggressive and blew my motor.
After he blew my motor he offers me to fix my car from him for 8k. As you guys see he did this on purpose to make extra money.

If you guys want to save your engines please don't go to Chris he sucks. He does not know how to tune cars...[/QUOT

LOL this is the guy who wants 500hp with a stock 90k shortblock! I tell him no we need to stay around 425-450 to be safer. The car makes 435 on my 4th pull which I tell him is good now if he THINKS 9# boost with 11.6 AF and 12deg of timing is AGGRESSIVE then he needs to be a little more educated.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Couple weeks ago I took my 01 mustang cobra procharged to IMA Motorsport and the tuner was CHRIS. Before he put my car on the Dyno I told him I want a safe tune. After couple pulls I was satisfied with the numbers and I told him AGAIN I want a SAFE TUNE than he went aggressive and blew my motor.
After he blew my motor he offers me to fix my car from him for 8k. As you guys see he did this on purpose to make extra money.
If you guys want to save your engines please don't go to Chris he sucks. He does not know how to tune cars...

Wait......are you really claiming that he INTENTIONALLY blew up your car just to try to make more $ off of you?

This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of. A shop with a reputation like that would not be in business very long. The fact is that if you read this entire thread, you will find that well over 90% of his customers are EXTREMELY happy with his work, myself included. Chris gets his reputation because he knows his stuff, not because he rips customers new assholes and does shady deals. I really hope that you understand that a motor like yours, with higher mileage, is just asking for trouble with ANY KIND of extra work done to it, whether on a safe tune or not. You really need to get over this whole "he did this on purpose" bullshit.

Moh's 420cobra

01 cobra procharged
motor had 75k and tuner blew my motor on the 3rd pull putting out 390whp so is it the car or the tuner
Tuner was chris from ima Motorsport
What u guys think?

Last edited:

Moh's 420cobra

If you guys want to save your engines please don't go to Chris he sucks. He does not know how to tune cars...[/QUOT

LOL this is the guy who wants 500hp with a stock 90k shortblock! I tell him no we need to stay around 425-450 to be safer. The car makes 435 on my 4th pull which I tell him is good now if he THINKS 9# boost with 11.6 AF and 12deg of timing is AGGRESSIVE then he needs to be a little more educated.

Moh's420cobra
Lol motor only had 75k and u blew the motor on 3rd pull putting out only 390whp so is it the car or u
Get your fact str8

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
^making people from Germantown look even worse....ugh. Please learn to type out what you are saying. Punctuation, spelling and sentence structure would work wonders in communicating with people on a forum.

FWIW, Excessive tuned my Lightning with a stock motor, ported eaton and a little spray and it ran like a raped ape. Used to hunt down whipple guys for fun. Dont remember who the tuner was at the time but remember the tune was spot on. This was circa 2004-2006.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Sorry guys, gotta close this one. Content has become embarrassing and is not really representative of MACA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread