Beware of Excessive Motorsports or whatever the new shop name is

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGlock81

Established Member
Hi guys,

I know it is has been a while since I have been/posted in here. The reason being my motor was blown up (Feb. 2014) while a dyno tuning session performed by Chris at Excessive Motorsports (also worked at IMA Motorsports).

I dropped off the car to him for a 2.3 whipple install, pprv delete, and tune (already had the supporting mods installed since I had a ported eaton on the car). He had the car for a couple of weeks and then a few days in two the second week he texts me saying he needs a fax number to have me sign a dyno waiver (i have had my car tuned by him 2 times before and never had to sign a waiver). I really didn't think anything of it and signed it and returned it. Then 10 minutes later he texts me, didn't even call, saying that the motor blew up on the dyno. I was really disappointed at the time, but he claimed some motors can't handle boost as well as others. Keep in mind this was a pulley recommendation made by him 3.25 upper and 4lb lower on a Gen 1 whipple 2.3. I was in total shock and just took him at his word, since I wasn't there for the dyno session.

Fast forward last Thursday, I believe 7/24/14. I had another buddy take his 01 Procharged Cobra there wanting safe tune. On the third pull he blows that motor. He explanation was that the rods are weak in those motors.

My reason for posting is because I believe blowing up atleast two motors in a six-month span is a bit "excessive." Both times he is blaming the motor. Also, because he is a flat-out, bold-faced liar. I have recently found out that he claims the reason my motor blew up is because I was asking for too much boost. How is that? He is the one that recommended the pulley combo.

I will try to attach a link to the 2nd car blowing up on the dyno. Please inbox me if you have any other questions.

- Cheers and a Fair warning

lafeva

Established Member
He's tuned three of my cars and I've never had an issue. How are you so sure that he is the one that he blew it up and the motor wasn't already on it's way out. He tuned my silver 03 with 80k miles a 2.3 whipple with the same pulley setup as yours and it's still running like a raped ape.

lafeva

Established Member
Ohhhhh lolol and you're talking about that black car of yours that had like 120k on it? Not to mention you beat it around the beltway just about every weekend with the ported blower?

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Wow, this was not an issue six months ago when it happened to your car. You were warned about running too much boost on the combo you had with the 4lb lower and whipple with a higher mileage car. I told you that I didn't want to see more than 17-18lbs of boost but you insisted that you needed more to "keep up with everybody else". As for the dyno waiver, EVERY dyno facility that I know of requires a signed waiver before a car can be tested or tuned.

Why did you suggest to your friend with his 01 cobra for me to tune his car if I am the one responsible for blowing your motor up? He must not be that upset as he contacted me yesterday and sold that car, is purchasing a GT500, and wants me to work on it. Interesting huh? Also, that 01 cobra was beat on repeatedly with NO tune on it before he brought it to me to be tuned right. Naveed, seeing as you are an expert on engines and tuning, you should know that the weakest part of those 01 cobra engines are the powdered rods and are famous for failing. Ok, here is the data for the pull when the rod failed: 5000 rpm, 11.6 air fuel, 12 degrees timing with a 3 core front mount intercooler at 9 lbs of boost. I would say that was pretty safe and the rod still broke. Again, you are expert in tuning.

If you think that no other shops have engine failures on their dyno, then you need to do some research. There is no guarantee that nothing will go wrong. I have dynoed hundreds of cars since 1999 and have had very very few failures. By the way, how come you didn't warn your other friend (whom you rode with street racing the other night) about my tuning. He made a point to text me today and tell me how happy he was with the car and how it ran. Again, interesting.

I said what I have to say and I will leave it at that.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
i call bull. hes tuned most of the cars i know and they run just fine, and strong. i had him tune my car after the eaton swap and those arent the easiest cars to tune especially with the high compression and all. the car runs damn strong. very knowledgeable guy, i wouldnt trust many other people with the car. i beat the crap out of my car with about 9lbs of boost on the stock bottom end and its been like that for two years now with around 10k miles

Last edited:

bigdave03svt

Established Member
I've had my car tuned by Chris at least 4 different times as I progressed through the usual upgrades that an 03-04 cobra sees. Most importantly is that the current tune is 22psi, with a 2nd gen. whipple 2.3L, putting down power in the 630hp range, ON PUMP GAS! And has been that way for almost 8 years with MANY TRACK passes! Ive known Chris a long time and trust me , he knows what he's doing! He's had hundreds of cars come through his shop that run flawlessly. Mechanical failures are going to happen...no one can control that! If it was me, I'd be damn sure I know exactly why the failure happened before I just go bashing someones shop.

MrGlock81

Established Member
Wow, this was not an issue six months ago when it happened to your car. You were warned about running too much boost on the combo you had with the 4lb lower and whipple with a higher mileage car. I told you that I didn't want to see more than 17-18lbs of boost but you insisted that you needed more to "keep up with everybody else". As for the dyno waiver, EVERY dyno facility that I know of requires a signed waiver before a car can be tested or tuned.

Why did you suggest to your friend with his 01 cobra for me to tune his car if I am the one responsible for blowing your motor up? He must not be that upset as he contacted me yesterday and sold that car, is purchasing a GT500, and wants me to work on it. Interesting huh? Also, that 01 cobra was beat on repeatedly with NO tune on it before he brought it to me to be tuned right. Naveed, seeing as you are an expert on engines and tuning, you should know that the weakest part of those 01 cobra engines are the powdered rods and are famous for failing. Ok, here is the data for the pull when the rod failed: 5000 rpm, 11.6 air fuel, 12 degrees timing with a 3 core front mount intercooler at 9 lbs of boost. I would say that was pretty safe and the rod still broke. Again, you are expert in tuning.

If you think that no other shops have engine failures on their dyno, then you need to do some research. There is no guarantee that nothing will go wrong. I have dynoed hundreds of cars since 1999 and have had very very few failures. By the way, how come you didn't warn your other friend (whom you rode with street racing the other night) about my tuning. He made a point to text me today and tell me how happy he was with the car and how it ran. Again, interesting.

I said what I have to say and I will leave it at that.

Look man you are straight up liar and you are still lying. YOU are the one that recommended the pulley set-up on my whipple.

Why I sent the other guy to you, you ask? Because I gave you the benefit of the doubt when you blew up my motor on the dyno. But, when you starting telling people stories of how you told me not to run my pulley setup, that is when I have to call you what you are, A Liar! I understand I had higher mileage, but you should of expressed that issue before you attempted to tune/blow up my motor.

I never claimed you will blow up every car you touch. My point is that you blew up two cars in six months and the circumstances are fishy. I just talked to your latest victim (the 01 Cobra), he will be chiming in a few. Also, it seems like you are trying to make a business of buying cars you have blown. You offered the guy $3,500 for his car and you bought mine.

Lafeva- aren't you the one that bought that junk Apten blower from Excessive and your car was given you issues that day on the beltway? That car was a turd.

Last edited:

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
So you buy a car thats rated at 390hp and you put a aftermarket supercharger and other parts on which essentially doubles the horsepower and you are surprised that your motor blew? These motors can blow stock, it was your choice to push your motor past stock and its your problem to deal with now.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Again, you don't have your facts straight. So knowing that I know you have a higher mileage car, why in the world would I recommend a pulley combo that would produce over 20lbs of boost on pump gas?? As far as your friend with the 01 cobra, I never offered him a dime for that car. He simply asked me what he could get out of it. I gave my opinion, NOT an offer. Funny thing, he took the time out to text me what he got for it and what his future plans were. Doesn't sound like he was too pissed off at me and I can't wait to see what he says.

You still have not responded to my text about warning Justin not to race his car with my tune on it against your buddy with his turbo benz. You had plenty of chances to do so since you sat next to him the whole time. As far as me buying your car, you texted me and wanted to know who could buy your car seeing as you didnt want to spend the money to fix it. You threw out a number and I made you an offer which you took. Then, the next day you had sellers remorse and asked me to give 24 hours to think about buying it back. I gave you a week to think it over. If I blew up your car just so I could buy it from you at a cheap price, then why would I give you a week to think about it since I already bought it.

MrGlock81

Established Member
I get that-but why the lies? He should of just stuck with the original story he gave me of some motors not being to handle certain amounts of boost. Since he has found the need to lie about how the tuning went down, I have to call him on his BS.

lafeva

Established Member
Yea, the one that dragged you the first run when you were in the wrong gear, with an extra passenger. Then I missed third the next run. I have them recorded if you'd like to watch. Lol don't be mad mine stayed together. Btw what do you drive now? Also who's going to be your next scapegoat when you blow your next piece of shit up?

MrGlock81

Established Member
As a matter of fact I did warn Justin about getting his car tuned by you. Unfortunatly, you had his car for 3 weeks already and he just wanted his car back. He actually didn't want you to tune his car after he found out you blew up a second Cobra. But, since you already charged him for a dyno tune that he still hasn't received he has no choice but to bring it back to you.

Last edited:

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
I get that-but why the lies? He should of just stuck with the original story he gave me of some motors not being to handle certain amounts of boost. Since he has found the need to lie about how the tuning went down, I have to call him on his BS.

WTF! That's why I TOLD YOU to stay around 17-18 lbs of boost but you insisted you needed the most you could get to keep up with everybody else.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
As a matter of fact I did warn Justin about getting his car tuned by you. Unfortunatly, you had his car for 3 weeks already and he just wanted his car back. He actually didn't want you to tune his car after he found out you blew up a second Cobra. But, since you already charged him for a dyno tune that he still hasn't received he has no choice but to bring it back to you.

Ok, I'm going to post of a few texts from him stating how happy he was with the car and how he can't wait to bring it back for his race tune. Get your facts straight.

MrGlock81

Established Member
WTF! That's why I TOLD YOU to stay around 17-18 lbs of boost but you insisted you needed the most you could get to keep up with everybody else.

I guess you would of let me run 24lbs if I insisted as well, huh? (a bunch of bologna) I know this will go back and forth, so I will just stop. I just wanted to give the guys a heads up. Take this for what it's worth.

Lafeva- I don't have a car that I am modding right now. I took a good loss on the blown car, and it will be a while before I can work up to get another one.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
As a matter of fact, I just got off the phone with Justin and he said what you are saying is not true. He is very happy and can't wait for me to do the race tune. Also, just texted the 01 Cobra owner to verify your claim and he texted back saying he is not blaming me for the engine failure and he understands what happened.

So your posting to give everyone a heads up and what its worth...looks like it ain't worth shit.

MrGlock81

Established Member
OP's thread backfired hard, but thats what happens when he posts a thread with no proof

I don't believe this thread has backfired, since it has served it purpose. I wanted to point out my experience with a liar. You guys can do whatever you like. The (few) people that know me in this group can vouch for my integrity. I cannot prove that he maliciously blew up my motor. But him lying about warning me about my pulley-setup and the suspicious dyno waiver minutes before the text of motor failure (again had my car tuned at least two times before and never was asked to sign a waiver), has me second guessing everything. I hope before the next catastrophic failure happens on Excessive dyno, he gives the proper warnings as he claims he did.

Also, another thing he likes to do is business without receipts and in cash only. Make sure you get receipts!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread