Beware of Excessive Motorsports or whatever the new shop name is

Status
Not open for further replies.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
wow alot of fans in here, but if it's true after signing the waiver your car is blown up I would look at the time on the dyno session. I think it was blown up when he faxed that to you..

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
I don't believe this thread has backfired, since it has served it purpose. I wanted to point out my experience with a liar. You guys can do whatever you like. The (few) people that know me in this group can vouch for my integrity. I cannot prove that he maliciously blew up my motor. But him lying about warning me about my pulley-setup and the suspicious dyno waiver minutes before the text of motor failure (again had my car tuned at least two times before and never was asked to sign a waiver), has me second guessing everything. I hope before the next catastrophic failure happens on Excessive dyno, he gives the proper warnings as he claims he did.

Also, another thing he likes to do is business without receipts and in cash only. Make sure you get receipts!

Yeah, I have also talked to your close friends and I do know your level of integrity LOL. If you really want a receipt, then I'll make you one if that makes you happy. Maybe it will change things for you but I seriously doubt it. Also, cash or check, NO credit cards as a lot of other businesses do.

Also, on the waiver issue. Remember, my dyno was at another shop, NOT MINE. So you would have to sign a waiver no matter what.

Last edited:

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
wow alot of fans in here, but if it's true after signing the waiver your car is blown up I would look at the time on the dyno session. I think it was blown up when he faxed that to you..

I will not pull a car until it's signed. Period.

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Chris tuned my last cobra and it was a strong tune and was drivable. I will say though that I can see possible issues and I'll never have him tune a car of mine again. Every pull he shut the engine down before the car returned anywhere close to idle, certainly not the best thing for the motor. I saw him do this to a turbo car too once when I stopped by one day.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Lol im glad your car runs strong with my tune. Im glad to see how you know how its supposed to be done. Well you had me do a couple of your cars so you must have been not to concerned about it.

Last edited:

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
Every pull he shut the engine down before the car returned anywhere close to idle, certainly not the best thing for the motor.

What's wrong with doing this? This is how alot of cars are tuned, the car needs to be shut off in order to check plugs. I use to shut my nitrous car off at 140 mph - 150 mph at the track and never had a problem.

rizjan67

Established Member
OP and Tuner both are my good friends and maybe they are having some misunderstandings.As far as tunes Chris has tuned my several cars and I never have any problem with the tunes neither OP that's what he stated too..As far as signing the waiver I don't know about other people But I was never asked for signing one too .

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Alot of times when my dyno was in my shop i would forgot about getting the waivers signed that is my fault. When my dyno is at another shop they require it so thats the way it is

MrGlock81

Established Member
Alot of times when my dyno was in my shop i would forgot about getting the waivers signed that is my fault. When my dyno is at another shop they require it so thats the way it is

Another lie! Rizjan just posted that you never had him sign a waiver and he got his tune a few weeks before mine blew up at IMA. So somehow you remembered on my car? The funny thing is you were perfectly fine trying to pulley him up to 21lbs of boost on pump gas. Then when you put it on the dyno you realized it was too much. I guess he is lucky you didn't blow his up.

Last edited:

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Another lie! Rizjan just posted that you never had him sign a waiver and he got his tune a few weeks before mine blew up at IMA. So somehow you remembered on my car? The funny thing is you were perfectly fine trying to pulley him up to 21lbs of boost on pump gas. Then when you put it on the dyno you realized it was too much. I guess he is lucky you didn't blow his up.

Yeah, he did not sign a waiver. It was overlooked as we were slammed busy and he was in a hurry to get the car tuned. Let me ask this, if signing the waiver was such a suspicious document for you to sign, why did you? Why didn't you decline and take your car elsewhere. That would have been acceptable. What would the difference have been if you didn't sign the waiver. How would the situation be different in that case?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
My car had lots of work done to it back in 2011, and was also dyno'ed by Excessive. Over 3 years on a ported Eaton w/ 2.9/4lb. combo, lumpy-bumpy cams, etc..... Still runs like a scalded dog a screams like a Friday night whore getting cheated our of $.

Would not hesitate to have my work done there again. And I clearly remember signing the waiver when I dropped her off there.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Excessive did the tune on my Cobra many years ago. I ran it at the road course for several years with no problems. I also was very specific on having a conservative tune. I don't remember signing a waiver but I know I have with other tuners on other cars. The bottom line is any time you run your car hard and have modified it from stock you run the risk of something happening bad. Especially if it has 120K miles. Frankly I would not entertain the idea of installing a whipple and nearly doubling the horsepower on a 120K mile motor anyway. That would be like taking my '90 GT motor, with 100K miles, and trying to get 400rwhp. Just not a smart idea and if I tried and it blew up on the dyno I would not be surprised.

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
The waiver isn't uncommon, I signed a few of them when Lund used evos dyno when I got my car tuned many times. Lots of my buddies use Chris and have nothing but good things to say about him and his tunes. Handling it between you and him would have been a better thing to do instead of this, nothing good will come from this and your posts

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Lol im glad your car runs strong with my tune. Im glad to see how you know how its supposed to be done. Well you had me do a couple of your cars so you must have been not to concerned about it.

If this is Chris, only one of my cars was tuned by you.

flattrack53

Established Member
When you modify cars, they run the risk of blowing up. Just be thankful you got a 120k miles out of it and you didn't have to worry about the head tick.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
I would make sure a waiver is signed before I take control of the keys. But faxing one after the fact not sure about that.
I'm sure one is gonna be signed for every car now. I thought 19lbs of boost was passing the stock cobras motor safe zone on 93 anyway.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
I'm sure one is gonna be signed for every car now. I thought 19lbs of boost was passing the stock cobras motor safe zone on 93 anyway.

half the cobras on this site is at 19 or better alot of them with higher mileage..bmr tech is running 100k+ with nitrous and e-85, but anything can happen when modding a car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread