Beware of Bob's Discount Furniture

RX1Cobra

Established Member
If you have a Macys furniture in your area check them out. Usually not much more than the Ashley, etc. but have much better looking and built stuff. You use a couch to much to cheap out on it.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I bought 3 rooms full of Ashley stuff 7or 8 years ago. It is nice stuff and good quality. They and The Room Store Re having a 6 years interest free sale at the moment

Never_Enough

Established Member
It's official, it was never put on a truck again. Told the aholes to refund me & come pick up the half of a sofa. F them.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm considering looking for a decent couch from late 80s-90s. The new stuff is either garbage or enough for me buy a good used truck. I have an upholstery guys who will rebuild an entire couch from the frame up for $500 if you bring him the fabric you like. Just need to start with a quality piece of furniture.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Years back, Ashley furniture did the whole delivery date but someone cancelled bs to me several years back. When the azz hats finally deliver it, they put pressure on my glass screen door with the couch...boom. Glass everywhere. All the guys just kept working like nothing happened. And just to get them to pay for the new glass door...3 months. Corporate said the store will pay. Store said Corporate would pay. Then Corporate said movers will pay......finally got a check after 3 months.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Years back, Ashley furniture did the whole delivery date but someone cancelled bs to me several years back. When the azz hats finally deliver it, they put pressure on my glass screen door with the couch...boom. Glass everywhere. All the guys just kept working like nothing happened. And just to get them to pay for the new glass door...3 months. Corporate said the store will pay. Store said Corporate would pay. Then Corporate said movers will pay......finally got a check after 3 months.
Wow

Never_Enough

Established Member
I just got back from Raymour & The Dump. Bought a similar sofa from Raymour. Delivery Monday. Hope I actually get it!

Zemedici

Established Member
Oh god I'm about to buy a couch from rtg or Woodstock furniture, and seeing as how I drive a mustang i can't exactly take it home with me.

Hope I don't go through this bullshit.

Same with the washer / dryer I'm having delivered / installed Sunday

norcalcobra

Established Member
Costco has the same quality of furniture. And you can walk away with it. Oh and ICE might be the reason you didnt get the other half of your setup. LOL

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Similar thing happened to me with Best Buy when I ordered a fridge.

Long story short, they delivered 3 days later but received almost $400 credit back. So I was a happy camper.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
You do know that most furniture companies sub contract out the delivery portion ?

The name on the truck may say Bobs or Jordan's or whatever, but the small print on the door or on the box will say Leased to, or operated by..... etc.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob's Discount Furniture was a decent discount furniture store to deal with in their earlier days. Bob Kaufman, the founder who you see in the commercials, is no longer the majority owner. In 2014, Bob's was acquired by Bain Capital.

Found this note in Wikipedia. "Bob's Discount Furniture has received overwhelmingly negative feedback over the durability of their products and their warranty plan." I would never personally buy furniture from Bob's. I see them as a discount discount furniture store. Cheap stuff, and we all know you get what you pay for. There are better alternatives. Raymour & Flanigan is one of those.

You should actually be thankful that this snafu happened. Almost guaranteed in a short time you'd be very sorry you bought from Bob's.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Both store managers called me tonight acting like I should still be ok with all the bs they put me through & expecting me to wait for delivery tomorrow LMAO. Told the idiots I already bought a couch & talked to your corporate office & they will be picking up this half a sofa on Tuesday.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Hope it works out for you. I live in a small town, but all the furniture stores except Goodwill are big name places with a good reputation.
Note to self, if Bob's Discount comes to town, stay away.
The name still cracks me up though. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread