Better Pumps...Aeromotive A1000 or twin walbro inline ??

wy3134

Established Member
So im about to complete my return fuel system, and ive already got an A1000, but after a couple of friends have recently had trouble (pump failure) with the A1000, im questioning even running the a1000 on my setup.

question is, which would be the better choice? a pair of walbro 255l/hr Gss342pumps or the a1000?

Last edited:

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
why not run GT or Focus pumps? Fuel pump failure is definitely not something I would want to worry about in any forced induction car.

Goodlife

Established Member
Twin walbro...hands down. Was told it can run and not overheat for 5 minutes without fuel passing through it, basically sucking air/fumes.
throw the a1000 in the trash unless you have a fuel cooler, and fuel pump regulator, and an extra fuel pump in trunk to change when the a1000 takes a dump!

wy3134

Established Member
my question then is...what kinda HP can the twin walbros support? i know a guy who has a 2.4 kb that has more then enough fuel, but i plan to go with a 2.8h kenne bell or 3.4 whipple in the future and want to be able to just slap that on and not have to upgrade anything else

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

because those are returnless style fuel pumps and wont work on a return style

actually, a returnless pump will work in a return system, but a return pump won't work in a returnless. I wouldn't recommend it because the pump is used to fluctuating voltages, but people do it all the time without issue.

the return pump can't go in a returnless setup because the voltages change.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I dont know about Cobras but back when I used to have a Supra Walbro's had lots of reliability issues and not to mention they were noisey as hell.

stanzione88

Established Member
go twin bosch 044s, youll never look back.
these will flow 300lph-330lph at 73psi.
nothing is compared to bosch oem replacement pumps.
Hit me up if you decide to go this route and i can help you out.
Good luck.

hammerhead2

Established Member
I have had luck with the A1000 pumps on the street in my experiance. You do need to run the fuel pump controller on them though and make sure it is either in the tank or somewhere that will get some air flow around it.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Someone on the forums introduced me to FuelLab fuel pumps and ever since then I've been considering them for when I re-vamp my fuelsystem and shoot for 1000rwhp...

Fuel Lab Pumps

These things seem pretty sweet with the 0-5v input!

Users who are viewing this thread