Best WiFi Modem

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I need to catch the Comcast guy who comes out in my area for repairs, he said he would do it for me. I also have a link to have them bridge it. I really need to do this one of these day as their signal is nowhere near as good as mine and they'll even admit it.

Sorry for the thread jack OP.
Well in case he lags, just input the modem IP address and do it yourself. Doesn't take more than 5 min.

OP make sure you setup AC wireless as well, HUGE difference. I actually have the AC66U, its a bit newer but still pretty much the same Asus from above. This mostly what I avg on a wireless device, its worth it.

Screenshot_2015_07_31_17_35_20.png

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Just picked up thr R8000 AustinJ427 you weren't kidding man. This thing was $220 and that was with a price match guarantee.

Thanks for all the help fellas, this thing looks like it'll get the job done.

bdcardinal, what do you mean? you paired it with something else? Will having it connected from the cable's company modem to the new R8000 won't be enough?

The Motorola/Arris model is the fastest one currently supported by my ISP, Cox Cable. Just make sure any modem you get is DOCSIS 3.0 rated. I also have all my internet traffic go through a offshore VPN, last month I had about 1,559,039MB downloaded and uploaded 721,599MB through my setup with no throttling or issues with my equipment.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yes, that's what the tech on the phone was explaining to me. That there is a update that is required, and they can provide the tech service on how to do it for $29.99. That's where I got a little upset at the thought of having to pay for a update.

You're not paying for the update. You're paying for somebody else doing it for you (or on the phone explaining to you how to do it.)

Just picked up thr R8000 [strike]AustinJ427[/strike] GT Premi you weren't kidding man. This thing was $220 and that was with a price match guarantee.

Thanks for all the help fellas, this thing looks like it'll get the job done.

bdcardinal, what do you mean? you paired it with something else? Will having it connected from the cable's company modem to the new R8000 won't be enough?

You'll run an ethernet cable from your modem to the router. You don't need any additional equipment. Be aware, though, that you aren't going to get AC speeds coming off your ISP's network unless you have gigabit internet service. You're also not going to get AC speeds on your in-house network unless your devices have AC capable network adapters. However, you will still get stronger, more reliable signals in your house. Your existing wireless-N devices will see a nice little bump in connection speeds, but nowhere near AC speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread