Best type of investment

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Now that you understand the context of my post, without interpreting it your own way or adding words to what I wrote to match your interpretation.. that's ALL I shared in the first place.

"Open a brokerage account with Fidelity and buy Mutual Funds ($2,500 minimum purchase); most will return between 10-14% on average"

Because it's what I invest in, and it's what works for me.

The OP should follow your advice and buy the fund you recommend that WILL average 10%-14% for the 1,3,5,10 years meeting or exceeding your average return and it WILL ( as you stated) return 10%-14%. Remember, I want the fund that will average 10%-14% and most funds will do this according to you.

Since the OP WILL ( according to you) get 10%-14% average return., he should get the returns as you stated. You choose the fund from Fidelity that meets this criteria. You have two listed already. 10%-14% is neutrality. Anything less than 10% each year, you pay the difference to “true up” the return.

I’m in. Ready to put your money where your mouth is? I m not adding any extra words and there is no misunderstanding. You stand by your words. I encourage everyone to jump in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ohio Snake

Established Member
The OP should follow your advice and buy the fund you recommend that WILL average 10%-14% for 1,3,5,and 10 years..Your 4 examples show the 1.3,5 and 10 years meeting or exceeding your average return and it WILL ( as you stated) return 10%-14%. Remember, I want the fund that will average 10%-14% and most funds will do this according to you.

Since the OP WILL ( according to you) get 10%-14% average return., he should get the returns as you stated. You choose the fund from Fidelity that meets this criteria. You have two listed already. 10%-14% is neutrality. Anything less than 10% each year, you pay the difference to “true up” the return.

I’m in. Ready to put your money where your mouth is? I m not adding any extra words and there is no misunderstanding. You stand by your words. I encourage everyone to jump in.

nxhappy

Established Member
kind of a side note, but what would you guys do to start investing for a baby ?? I have my newborn daughter.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
kind of a side note, but what would you guys do to start investing for a baby ?? I have my newborn daughter.

Three things to consider:

1). If your saving for college, consider your state approved 529 plan. Your state may offer a tax deduction or tax credit for contributions. The account grows tax deferred and distributions for qualified educational expenses are tax free.

2.) Not sure about college yet....consider an UTMA plan where you are the custodian of your child’s account. Your child can become owner of the UTMA typically no later than age 21. The gains are taxed at the childrens rate up to a certain limit.

3.) Create a brokerage account in your name and start investing. The brokerage account can be utilized for anything. You can gift to your child up to the limits at a later date.

Hope that helps.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Every hear of Forex? I'm in that and it's pretty good so far.

I had to visit the website to view it. It seems to be a platform for currency and certain commodities trading. It looks like a decent platform and easy to navigate.

This platform is very similar to what I call RoboAdvisers. There were a lot popping up a few years ago but have since slowed down and in some cases closed due to some inherent glitches. Forex most likely is not subject to these glitches since the platform seems more specialized.

RoboAdvisers were designed mostly for the millennial market who prefer to utilize technology (the computer) to create traditional investment accounts instead of using a “warm- handed” advisor. This route eliminated the fee typically associated with using a live person. An advisor may monitor the site in case the investor needs assistance.

Mike's03Mach

Established Member
I had to visit the website to view it. It seems to be a platform for currency and certain commodities trading. It looks like a decent platform and easy to navigate.

This platform is very similar to what I call RoboAdvisers. There were a lot popping up a few years ago but have since slowed down and in some cases closed due to some inherent glitches. Forex most likely is not subject to these glitches since the platform seems more specialized.

RoboAdvisers were designed mostly for the millennial market who prefer to utilize technology (the computer) to create traditional investment accounts instead of using a “warm- handed” advisor. This route eliminated the fee typically associated with using a live person. An advisor may monitor the site in case the investor needs assistance.

It is a currency trading platform. It's pretty easy to get into and you can make good money doing it. At the same time, you can lose everything if you aren't careful, but that's with all trading platforms. There are lots of info on the web and youtube about it.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
The best investments are in something that you know better than most other people. Gives you an upper hand. I saY that as someone living off my own investments.

If you want a solid mutual fund suggestion. POGRX

Last edited:

Ohio Snake

Established Member
The best investments are in something that you know better than most other people. Gives you an upper hand. I saw that as someone living off my own investments.

If you want a solid mutual fund suggestion. POGRX

POGRX is a great fund by Odyssey Funds for long term growth potential and is benchmarked to the SP500. Whats interesting about this fund is that its actually managed by a team of managers ( as opposed to passively following an index) and the fees are reasonable. This is a fund you use?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
POGRX is a great fund by Odyssey Funds for long term growth potential and is benchmarked to the SP500. Whats interesting about this fund is that its actually managed by a team of managers ( as opposed to passively following an index) and the fees are reasonable. This is a fund you use?

I use it in my personal accounts. Most of my money is in individual stocks that I follow closely. Core positions I trade around.

Users who are viewing this thread