Best type of investment

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
I had to add the “at any time” because

You had little opportunity to grandstand without it.

What's sad is you based the majority of your position on something YOU added.

I also noticed you have been very supportive of VegasMichael even though he made it sound as if ALL S&P 500 and/or stocks would return 7%.

You didn't call him foolish, ask him to provide proof, highlight the risks involved, or caution that you would be prosecuted if you gave the same advice...

Are you sure you don't work for CNN?

Last edited:

Ohio Snake

Established Member

There is no grandstanding going on. You made a foolish statement that I posted a rebuttal and clarification response for the OP.

It pissed you off and your out to prove your right at all cost.

You made an insulting assumption that I was soliciting the OP to do busy with me. I have no interest in the obtaining him as a paying client with my firm......no offense to the OP.

My statement about charging a fee for “information on what I invest in” was directed just to you since your continuing to be combative.

If you want make any clarifications or corrections to what you were trying to say at the beginning of this thread, do it so we can all be friends again or you can continue being foolish. Its your choice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
There is no grandstanding going on. You made a foolish statement that I posted a rebuttal and clarification response for the OP.

It pissed you off and your out to prove your right at all cost.

You made an insulting assumption that I was soliciting the OP to do busy with me. I have no interest in the obtaining him as a paying client with my firm......no offense to the OP.

My statement about charging a fee for “information on what I invest in” was directed just to you since your continuing to be combative.

If you want make any clarifications or corrections to what you were trying to say at the beginning of this thread, do it so we can all be friends again or you can continue being foolish. Its your choice!

I'm combative yet you're the one constantly throwing out insults while ignoring your own hypocrisy... nothing about my statement was false or misleading (vague at best) yet you add words to strengthen your case and for some reason hold me to a standard you hold no one else to.

Admit it, this is your profession and you wanted everyone to see that "I KNOW WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT"... consistency, relevance, honesty be damned.

Last edited:

Ohio Snake

Established Member

What's sad is you based the majority of your position on something YOU added.

I also noticed you have been very supportive of VegasMichael even though he made it sound as if ALL S&P 500 and/or stocks would return 7%.

You didn't call him foolish, ask him to provide proof, highlight the risks involved, or caution that you would be prosecuted if you gave the same advice...

Are you sure you don't work for CNN?

Here is the difference in what Vegasmike said as opposed to what you said.

Vegasmike said “7% over the long term” which may be indicative of past long-term performance for his experience and does not seem to indicate a guarantee. Could he had been more precise? Maybe, but he seems to refer to “past performance” in general. He can clarify his statement if he chooses to help you understand what he wrote. I’ll bet its past performance.

Your statement indicated future performance with a minimum guarantee of 10%-14% on most mutual funds. You can choose to clarify what you meant to say as well.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I'm combative yet you're the one constantly throwing out insults while ignoring your own hypocrisy... nothing about my statement was false or misleading (vague at best) yet you add words to strengthen your case and for some reason hold me to a standard you hold no one else

Geeze...tit for tat!

Your statement was false and your insulting. Your the only one on this thread statiing most mutual funds WILL average 10%-14% returns.

Yes, Im now insulting you.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I'm combative yet you're the one constantly throwing out insults while ignoring your own hypocrisy... nothing about my statement was false or misleading (vague at best) yet you add words to strengthen your case and for some reason hold me to a standard you hold no one else to.

Admit it, this is your profession and you wanted everyone to see that "I KNOW WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT"... consistency, relevance, honesty be damned.

Yes, I do know what Im talking about. Yes Im being honest. And yes, this area is my profession.

And yes, I’m now mocking you!

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Yes, I do know what Im talking about. Yes Im being honest. And yes, this area is my profession.

And yes, I’m now mocking you!

Yes we all know... you're the investment guy, who reads into what people say, adds words to their statements to change the meaning, calls people names, mocks them.

Gee, tell me where I can buy what you have to sell. Wells Fargo, Bank of America? Or maybe you're the benefits rep with HR.

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Your statement indicated future performance with a minimum guarantee of 10%-14% on most mutual funds. You can choose to clarify what you meant to say as well.

Not only did I clarify, but I also provided examples. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Yes we all know... you're the investment guy, who reads into what people say, adds words to their statements to change the meaning, calls people names, mocks them.

Gee, tell me where I can buy what you have to sell.

Yes I’m an investment guy. If I read to far into what you stated and what you’ve defended so vigorously, please clarify what you meant. (Here’s your opportunity again).

I did call you foolish. Yep that is correct.

I did add words to one of your statement trying to interpret what you really tried to say. Yep I did that.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
36975853_2051247501605184_7536996107818106880_n.png

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Stand by them all you want! You argue because your foolish and Im arrogant. Love your complements.

Considering ALL of my mutual fund investments have returned OVER my stated 10-14%... if that makes me foolish then I will thank you for the compliment as well.

Ohio Snake

Established Member

Gee, tell me where I can buy what you have to sell. Wells Fargo, Bank of America? Or maybe you're the benefits rep with HR.

I missed post. i’m the same investment guy....yep.

Yes, I read the foolish statement you wrote....yep.

I did add some words to what you tried to say....yep.

Yes your foolish and I mocked you.

Im not selling you anything because you would not fully comprehend my services. I dont offer anything on Wells Fargo, BOA and I dont specialize in HR. Good try though!

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Considering ALL of my mutual fund investments have returned OVER my stated 10-14%... if that makes me foolish then I will thank you for the compliment as well.

I did complement you awhile back on what YOU invest in and it works for you. Remember your posting comprehension statement...or did you forget.

Again your missing the point of your original statement.

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
what YOU invest in and it works for you.

Now that you understand the context of my post, without interpreting it your own way, or adding words to what I wrote to match your interpretation.. that's ALL I shared in the first place.

"Open a brokerage account with Fidelity and buy Mutual Funds ($2,500 minimum purchase); most will return between 10-14% on average"

Because it's what I invest in, and it's what works for me... wasn't that the point of the thread in the first place?

Imagine if you had asked a few clarifying questions rather than assuming what I was talking about and going on your tirade.

Users who are viewing this thread