Best tire shine?

Blachatch

Established Member
I just bought the optimum tire shine and dont really care for it.. it runs to much.. what is everyone else using that gives great results?

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
You are going to get a million different answers.

Go with the new Optimum Tire Shine that Scott sells.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I have been using the Black Magic Titanium tire gel lately. http://www.blackmagiccarcare.com/Ti_tireWetGel.htm It is a thick gel, you put on a foam applicator, and rub around the tire. It works great, no over spray, no runs. Put on as much, or as little as you want, depending on the shine you want. I have, also, used it on the cowl, mirrors, and black trim around the windows.

Last edited:

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I've tried about 7 different tire shines even some expensive crap you can't buy in stores and to tell you the truth armor all gel has worked the best for me.

zeus201

Established Member
I've tried about 7 different tire shines even some expensive crap you can't buy in stores and to tell you the truth armor all gel has worked the best for me.

I use Armor - All and like it. I just spray in onto a foam applicator and apply. Only gripe is that I wish it lasted longer. :(

Scott P

Established Member
What look are you going for? Glossy? Matte? Semi-Gloss? How do you prefer to apply it? I use spray onto a foam tire swipe and them wipe onto the tire. I then let it dry for 20 minutes or so. After that, I may buff off the excess with an old towel.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Spray on; buff off...lasts forever, easily applied to tires that have funky sidewall designs/ribs...

Meg's HotShine aerosol (non-foam)

product_g121.gif

Blachatch

Established Member
I like spray cans... the optimum is to narrow of a spray goes where you dont want it.. it is lasting nice though drove through rain and tires still glossy.. I like a spray that is nice and glossy not dull.. thanks for the tips might just go back to some chepo meguires from autozone

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
1Z Einszett Tire Foam works very very well and i will continue to use it for a long time. 1 coat is a medium gloss, 2 for high gloss

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Black Magic Tire Gel.

I have been using the Black Magic Titanium tire gel lately. http://www.blackmagiccarcare.com/Ti_tireWetGel.htm It is a thick gel, you put on a foam applicator, and rub around the tire. It works great, no over spray, no runs. Put on as much, or as little as you want, depending on the shine you want. I have, also, used it on the cowl, mirrors, and black trim around the windows.

+1, Black Magic gel FTW!

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
Meg's High Endurance. Doesn't sling or have that "someone just spooged on my tires" look.

Smells like grapes, too.

Scott P

Established Member
I like spray cans... the optimum is to narrow of a spray goes where you dont want it.. it is lasting nice though drove through rain and tires still glossy.. I like a spray that is nice and glossy not dull.. thanks for the tips might just go back to some chepo meguires from autozone

The nozzle on the Optimum stuff has both a "Spray" and a "Stream". Make sure you are on Spray. You should get a much wider spray pattern.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
this stuff works great when applied with a foam applicator.
just spray it on the applicator then apply
never slings and dries quick

rodi_1991_85964792

Users who are viewing this thread