Best tire shine?

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
i use the eagle f1 gel with a sponge, and making sure the tire is clean beforehand helps the longevity.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Used the Eagle f1 stuff for over a year, no problems

biohazard23

Established Member
I have been using the Black Magic Titanium tire gel lately. Black Magic Car Care Products - Titanium Tire Wet Gel It is a thick gel, you put on a foam applicator, and rub around the tire. It works great, no over spray, no runs. Put on as much, or as little as you want, depending on the shine you want. I have, also, used it on the cowl, mirrors, and black trim around the windows.

Works the best I've ever tried!

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
automagic magic dressing. expensive, but works and smells good to boot. can apply it by spray bottle, wipe on or whatever. def let it dry or wipe off excess. last for days

GT500EA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
+1 for the Black Magic Titanium Tire Gel....Goes on evenly and no runs....just have to let it dry a bit, otherwise, after you spin those tires the gel will spray all over the side of the car.

gtjoe

The Best Rest In Chicago!
Established Member
product_g121.gif
+1

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Ok I went and bought the Meguire's High Endurance stuff...got outta my car after getting home from work today and I have never seen so much tire shine sling in my life :shrug: It was all the way up to my mirrors and door handles covering my whole door!

Any tips on using this stuff? Everyone in here is saying they got great results and no sling. The stuff looks amazing though...

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
Maybe it's just me but I really don't wan't my tires to smell like fruit or bubble gum or anything besides tires. I feel like Lady Gaga probably has fruity smelling tires on her ride.

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
Ok I went and bought the Meguire's High Endurance stuff...got outta my car after getting home from work today and I have never seen so much tire shine sling in my life :shrug: It was all the way up to my mirrors and door handles covering my whole door!

Any tips on using this stuff? Everyone in here is saying they got great results and no sling. The stuff looks amazing though...

maybe a little 2 much, I let it set for a few.......

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Maybe it's too much...I let it sit overnight:shrug:

How did you put it on?

I had the same problem with Meguiars Hyperdressing (among a bunch of others) which is highly appraised on another forum. It's supposed to dry hard but even letting it sit overnight I still got sling from it (morning dew would soften it up?). I did love the look of it though - it had a nice brand new look that wasn't fake and overdone but it didn't last that long (awesome product for motor bay detailing though). I used gels before and they where way too gooey and sticky and attracted too much grime and/or looked too fake.

I found the general basic look of Hyperdressing (a little more shinier) without the sling (which I hate more than anything) and more durability - as low as Turtle Wax products are on my personal list I have to say their F21 protectant (not the tire foam - the spray bottle protectant) is one solid, versatile, and good performing product. Spray it onto one of those cheap synthetic foam sponges and then wipe onto the sidewall. You can drive nearly right away and I've never had even one dot of sling from it and it also doesn't attract dust and grime (seems to bead water too - been using on my soft bed cover).

I gave up on tire specific foams and gels a long time ago as none where anything special and always had something strange or bad about it... Turtle Wax F21 Protectant for me!

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member

i use a 2'' paint brush to work it on, and let it set in the sun for a hr or more!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Anything that will not make your tires turn brown? anyone been using a product for over a year?

Key to this is using a great product to remove all dirt and previous shine from tire to exposed the pure rubber. I use Wesleys Bleach White Tire cleaner every wash on the tires.

I have been using F2K1 for at almost 8-10yrs.

Last edited:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I had the same problem with Meguiars Hyperdressing (among a bunch of others) which is highly appraised on another forum. It's supposed to dry hard but even letting it sit overnight I still got sling from it (morning dew would soften it up?). I did love the look of it though - it had a nice brand new look that wasn't fake and overdone but it didn't last that long (awesome product for motor bay detailing though). I used gels before and they where way too gooey and sticky and attracted too much grime and/or looked too fake.

I found the general basic look of Hyperdressing (a little more shinier) without the sling (which I hate more than anything) and more durability - as low as Turtle Wax products are on my personal list I have to say their F21 protectant (not the tire foam - the spray bottle protectant) is one solid, versatile, and good performing product. Spray it onto one of those cheap synthetic foam sponges and then wipe onto the sidewall. You can drive nearly right away and I've never had even one dot of sling from it and it also doesn't attract dust and grime (seems to bead water too - been using on my soft bed cover).

I gave up on tire specific foams and gels a long time ago as none where anything special and always had something strange or bad about it... Turtle Wax F21 Protectant for me!

I need to look into that F21 stuff. My buddy told me about it and he said the same thing you did. Only thing is, is that it's hard to find...

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
most autozones, walmart have the F21 protectant. it does work pretty good, and its cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread