Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Any of you sport bike riders who are getting older ever wonder why they don't make us a bike? I love riding my sport bike, but my back doesn't. I'd still take a sporty bike with some higher clipons and adjustable foot pegs. Every manufacturer makes a sport touring model that weighs 5-600 lbs and gives you a 1000cc neutered version of a super bike engine, neutered suspension, and neutered brakes.

I'd take something like this in the 450 lbs range, 175hp, dual piston brembo or nissan brakes, and electronic suspension. They want $14k for this lame ass shit. It isn't just Suzuki, it is every manufactuer that does this.

Suzuki Cycles - 2022 GSX-S1000GT+

I feel like that is just a touring bike mainly. Ducati Supersport is what you're describing but it doesn't have anywhere near the hp you're looking for however.

ajaf1656

Established Member
The first time you do a clutches wheelie on the MT10, you get it. It's not going to impress with the HP numbers, but the low-end grunt of that cross-plane I4 is a lot of fun. I've yet to ride the Tuono V4, but it's up at the top of the list of bikes I would reluctantly buy since nobody feels like making an actual naked bike.

*Clutchless

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
was snooping thru some old pics last night and found a pic of my first bike…. Bought it in the middle of winter so had to bundle up!

233AA4D5-B325-4329-A710-3BB07FBA9328.jpeg

C706C7E4-AD56-43D4-98CC-65010768C8C8.jpeg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
This thread has stirred something in me. I think I am going to pull the trigger on a 2024 zx6r with 40th anniversary paint.

24MY_Ninja%20ZX-6R%2040th%20Anniversary%20Edition_GN2_STU%20%283%29.jpg

I came really close to grabbing a zx4rr last week. These seem overrated. 10lbs lighter than a 600 but with half the horsepower. Being able to wring out the RPMs without going to jail is fun but they are slow AF.

The CBR600rr would get my money if it had a different paint scheme.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
This thread has stirred something in me. I think I am going to pull the trigger on a 2024 zx6r with 40th anniversary paint.

24MY_Ninja%20ZX-6R%2040th%20Anniversary%20Edition_GN2_STU%20%283%29.jpg

I came really close to grabbing a zx4rr last week. These seem overrated. 10lbs lighter than a 600 but with half the horsepower. Being able to wring out the RPMs without going to jail is fun but they are slow AF.

The CBR600rr would get my money if it had a different paint scheme.
Do It GIF

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The exhaust that they put on modern bikes is hideous. Needs to be replaced stat. What are the best systems these days?
paging @ZYBORG

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The exhaust that they put on modern bikes is hideous. Needs to be replaced stat. What are the best systems these days?
paging @ZYBORG
depends, for jap bikes you have so many good choices… for pasta rockets you are a little more limited and will definitely spend more for quality exhaust..

For zx6r, akrapovic, yoshimura, graves etc…

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
depends, for jap bikes you have so many good choices… for pasta rockets you are a little more limited and will definitely spend more for quality exhaust..

I heard a sound clip of an Arrow set up and it sounded great. Are they worthy?

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I heard a sound clip of an Arrow set up and it sounded great. Are they worthy?

From a quality perspective, Arrow is on-point. I had full Arrow system on my Triumph Scrambler. Fit well. Was well designed and was an easy install.

Edit, had an Arrow slip-on on the Tiger 800 too. That triple sounded wicked. Still slow as dog shit though.

You ain't lyin. The Akra system was highly offensive. Install was nearly as eye-watering. The wife doesn't know anything about the itemized costs. lol. Selling the bottom line number was hard enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread