Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I wish someone made a descent hyper-naked. The specs are on point, but none of them are naked and they all look fukking retarded. I want a super bike motor and suspension on a flat bar bike with no fairings and a simple round headlight. You think that not decorating the bike with bullshit decorative shit would be an easy task for the manufacturers, but nobody does it.
naked bikes are gay

ajaf1656

Established Member
I almost wanna say the super duke fits that description.

iu
That's on my shortlist along with the Streetfighter V4S and Tuono V4 Factory. I don't like the headlight but it's the most naked of the nakeds. I think it would be a great bike and I love the ergonomics. I haven't taken one out for a ride yet. I had the naked SV1000 back in the day and loved the DOHC v-twin sound, it just left a lot to be desired in the handling department. I've been watching a guy on youtube who has a lot of Superduke specific videos on setting them up for track use.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Don't forget about the new Daytona 660. Interesting to see how that stacks up.

But, I agree, manufacturers have seemed to lost their way with sizing and naming. Like they are looking for any niche and jumping both feet in. IMHO, its a lack of organized pro-level racing on the national level. Back in the day, when AMA superbike existed, 750s were king and everyone knew what was up. Now, unless you're a hard-core club junkie, there is no watchable national level events or heros. I don't know a single rider in Motoamerica. Nor do I know any classes.

R7?? What a disappointment. Almost like an EV Lightening.

Once the last generation of MotoGP stars filtered out, I've lost interest in that too. The bikes are ****ing ugly these days. I'll catch youtube shorts on MotoGP practices and laugh at all the wings and bullshit. Could you make an uglier motorcycle?
AMA suffered a lot when the Daytona Motorsports Group took over. They changed the rules in a way that disincentivized manufacturer participation on a factory level. Unfortunately that happened right around the time of the 2008 economic shit. They got down to like only 5 races in a season. Ben Spies went to WSBK and Maladin retired. It was dark times for sure. MotoAmerica has brought domestic racing back from the brink of extinction. They've done a good job in slowly changing the rules to match up with other national racing series and FIM standards. This will let American racers have a better opportunity to advance to the world stage. In the time that MotoAmerica has come about, we've had multiple MotoGP riders come to race in America (Toni Elias, Loris Baz Danilo Petrucci, Hector Barbera). I still watch every Supersport and Superbike race and the junior classes are thriving.

MotoGP has its own problems as the bikes have changed so much that we never see riders come from outside of the junior classes anymore. Most of the blame for that is the insane tire technology and aerodynamic advancements. I do think we may see an opportunity for new riders to join the Moto2 class. This year Moto2 will switch from European-spec Dunlop tires to Pirelli tires. The Dunlops were notorious for providing no feedback to the rider making it hard for riders to adapt. Most riders outside of the GP series come up on race-prepped production bikes. Changing to a race-specific chassis and the Dunlops meant they usually washed out before they had enough time to adapt. By then, they're too old for a modern GP team to invest another handful of years on them adapting to the big bikes. I hope the Pirellis narrow the gap for guys coming up through Supersport and Superbikes.

WSBK should be very interesting this year. I think Toprak Razgatliglou is head and shoulders over the other riders in talent but has been working with the underpowered Yamaha. He's moving to the BMW which has some catching up to do, but by all accounts is a rocket.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
That's on my shortlist along with the Streetfighter V4S and Tuono V4 Factory. I don't like the headlight but it's the most naked of the nakeds. I think it would be a great bike and I love the ergonomics. I haven't taken one out for a ride yet. I had the naked SV1000 back in the day and loved the DOHC v-twin sound, it just left a lot to be desired in the handling department. I've been watching a guy on youtube who has a lot of Superduke specific videos on setting them up for track use.

300px-Yamaha_V-Max_.jpg

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
AMA suffered a lot when the Daytona Motorsports Group took over. They changed the rules in a way that disincentivized manufacturer participation on a factory level. Unfortunately that happened right around the time of the 2008 economic shit. They got down to like only 5 races in a season. Ben Spies went to WSBK and Maladin retired. It was dark times for sure. MotoAmerica has brought domestic racing back from the brink of extinction. They've done a good job in slowly changing the rules to match up with other national racing series and FIM standards. This will let American racers have a better opportunity to advance to the world stage. In the time that MotoAmerica has come about, we've had multiple MotoGP riders come to race in America (Toni Elias, Loris Baz Danilo Petrucci, Hector Barbera). I still watch every Supersport and Superbike race and the junior classes are thriving.

MotoGP has its own problems as the bikes have changed so much that we never see riders come from outside of the junior classes anymore. Most of the blame for that is the insane tire technology and aerodynamic advancements. I do think we may see an opportunity for new riders to join the Moto2 class. This year Moto2 will switch from European-spec Dunlop tires to Pirelli tires. The Dunlops were notorious for providing no feedback to the rider making it hard for riders to adapt. Most riders outside of the GP series come up on race-prepped production bikes. Changing to a race-specific chassis and the Dunlops meant they usually washed out before they had enough time to adapt. By then, they're too old for a modern GP team to invest another handful of years on them adapting to the big bikes. I hope the Pirellis narrow the gap for guys coming up through Supersport and Superbikes.

WSBK should be very interesting this year. I think Toprak Razgatliglou is head and shoulders over the other riders in talent but has been working with the underpowered Yamaha. He's moving to the BMW which has some catching up to do, but by all accounts is a rocket.
Awesome post. Spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread